Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

View Poll Results: Do You lurk, if so, why?
Yeah I lurk, I have nothing to say and I'm saying it. 5 15.63%
Yeah I lurk, You guys are freaks. (Lookin' at you Hazza) 4 12.50%
Yeah I lurk, I don't know as much as the "Experts" on the board here 7 21.88%
I don't lurk, I just like voting in polls. 16 50.00%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 1 Apr 2007, 01:08 (Ref:1880842)   #1
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Do you lurk?

I have also noticed a large ammount of posters who "lurk" - read but don't post.

This is a call out to all of you, join the party, we welcome your contributions.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 01:47 (Ref:1880852)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I lurk on this forum because I have absolutely no idea what on Earth you are talking about! I mean, what the hell is a NASCAR?!
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Apr 2007, 05:36 (Ref:1880875)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just post in polls

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 1 Apr 2007, 10:40 (Ref:1880985)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's a crazy world here, but do not be afraid!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 13:58 (Ref:1881094)   #5
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I lurk on this forum because I have absolutely no idea what on Earth you are talking about! I mean, what the hell is a NASCAR?!
Non
Athletic
Sport
Created
Around
Rednecks

I lurk mainly because i have nothing of interest to add to the conversation! what i want to know is, How Hazza knows im lurking!
Old 1 Apr 2007, 19:49 (Ref:1881369)   #6
chemhead1
Racer

United States
Buying H-doujins in Los Angeles, CA
chemhead1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just about the only contributions I seem to make are during on-air race threads and results from the Fantasy championship where my results solidify my justification to dump Robby Gordon after 2 races.
Old 1 Apr 2007, 22:40 (Ref:1881592)   #7
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88
I lurk mainly because i have nothing of interest to add to the conversation! what i want to know is, How Hazza knows im lurking!
This poll was just a giant trap, now you've voted I can look who voted what and...act...the right way.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 06:12 (Ref:1881697)   #8
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
This poll was just a giant trap, now you've voted I can look who voted what and...act...the right way.
Damn you and your cunning trap of polls!!

Last edited by kelvin88; 2 Apr 2007 at 06:14.
Old 2 Apr 2007, 15:10 (Ref:1882023)   #9
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oops, I voted the 2nd option...Which actions can I expect from you?
Old 2 Apr 2007, 15:15 (Ref:1882026)   #10
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters
I mean, what the hell is a NASCAR?!
Hillbilly bear wrestling on wheels!!
Old 5 Apr 2007, 11:36 (Ref:1884051)   #11
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
After that wonderfull Conversation stopper by MagnetON, I thought I would post the kicker:

Get involved, we all have a passion for this sport, so have your say and join us. We really arn't that scary.

Oh, ps FIRE, and you poll junkies...

Old 5 Apr 2007, 16:25 (Ref:1884264)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh, ps FIRE, and you poll junkies...

Old 9 Apr 2007, 17:34 (Ref:1887349)   #13
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not lurking, I have a tendency to stand on a box and talk rhubarb.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 13:06 (Ref:1888018)   #14
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I kind of lurk occasionally because these threads (along with Autosport's reports) are about all I see of NASCAR these days since I'm not paying the Irish for the privilege of watching. If I have something constructive to add I'll be sure to let you know.

Dont hold your breath though. I've struggled to find much useful to say in my previous x00 posts so can't imagine i'll start now.
Old 10 Apr 2007, 20:50 (Ref:1888482)   #15
Antrodemus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

New Zealand
Wellington, NZ
Antrodemus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I loiter.
Either way, staying home on Monday mornings to see the races, while a very tempting proposition, is ultimately a bad idea
Old 10 Apr 2007, 23:05 (Ref:1888613)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, I lurk. (Lookin' at you Hazza)

This particular corner of Ten Tenths scares me. I mean come on, carbureted V8's, fenders, rubbin is racing, COT, bump drafting, rednecks in corporate jets, yellow flags for debris??? They got Montoya to drink the punch. JV may follow suit. Next they'll be after Rossi. They've already taken over North America. Canada and Mexico are next. The rest of the world shall follow suit. Beware I say, beware!

Last edited by jhansen; 10 Apr 2007 at 23:08.
Old 12 Apr 2007, 11:51 (Ref:1889668)   #17
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Yeah, I lurk. (Lookin' at you Hazza)

This particular corner of Ten Tenths scares me. I mean come on, carbureted V8's, fenders, rubbin is racing, COT, bump drafting, rednecks in corporate jets, yellow flags for debris??? They got Montoya to drink the punch. JV may follow suit. Next they'll be after Rossi. They've already taken over North America. Canada and Mexico are next. The rest of the world shall follow suit. Beware I say, beware!
You know what they say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the France Posse
"We are NASCAR. Remove your helmets and surrender your cars. We will add your finances to our own and eliminate your technological distinctiveness. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile."
...or something like that
Old 12 Apr 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1889687)   #18
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not lurking Hazza but, gosh darn it, it's still NASCAR, JPM notwithstanding. Would it kill 'em to turn right every once in awhile? Yup.
Maybe JV would make a difference for me next year, dunno. I tried, I really did, it's just....not my shtick. To each their own.

Old 12 Apr 2007, 16:46 (Ref:1889847)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Left or right, a turn is a turn!
Old 8 May 2007, 23:33 (Ref:1909494)   #20
JerH77
Racer

Germany
Bayonne, New Jersey
JerH77 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I didnt know what lurking was. I never heard of it until now.
Old 18 May 2007, 17:45 (Ref:1916197)   #21
Speed
Veteran

Panama
Panama, Rep. of Panama
Speed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Something funny I found on this subject, hehehe...

"The Lurkers support me in e-mail
They all think I'm great don't you know.
You posters just don't understand me
But soon you will reap what you sow.
Lurkers, lurkers, lurkers support me, you'll see, you'll see
Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.
The lurkers support me in e-mail
"So why don't they post?" you all cry
They're scared of your hostile intentions
They just can't be as brave as I.
Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see.
One day I'll round up all my lurkers
We'll have a newsgroup of our own
Without all this flak from you morons
My lurkers will post round my throne.
Off in e-mail the lurkers support me, you'll see." - Jo Walton