Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 6 Sep 2007, 14:34 (Ref:2005251)   #1
Wrighty05
Veteran

Australia
Wrighty05 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Brock - one year on

I would like to see either written tributes or video tributes posted here in memory of his life.

Thanks Pete.
"It was dry for the second go-around. Grice, nervous, worrying about his Bathurst jinx, ran 2:25.9. The amazing Brock, using every last centimetre of bitumen, yet keeping the car straight and balanced and at full noise, came back with a staggering 2:20.0 as if to say: "Match that". And people just shook their heads, bit their lips and wondered who would be second".

RIP Peter Brock. 1945-2006
Old 8 Sep 2007, 07:19 (Ref:2006593)   #2
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
One of my happiest memories of Brock was in 2004 when he raced the then GRM driver Cam McConvilie and HRT team boss Mark Skaife. Brock in his '79 HDT XU1 Torana, McConvilie in a 2004 VZ Commodore and Skaife in his VY Commodore. Being there live to see the action and hearing the HDT Torrie at full blast sounded like angels singing. RIP Brocky, hope you and Mark Porter are having a blast in heaven.
Old 8 Sep 2007, 07:36 (Ref:2006599)   #3
Nivola
Racer

Nivola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well last time I was in the precence of Peter was sadly and a friends funeral and I never thought that that would be the last time I would see and here him. It is funny that sometime you dont get to grab full grasp of the moment in front of your eyes till later. When it is to late.
Old 11 Sep 2007, 07:16 (Ref:2009063)   #4
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i believe this is the one you are talking about > http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EGQFRPTLM1g

Can't believe its a year already :S
Old 13 Sep 2007, 13:16 (Ref:2011163)   #5
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No, Hepatic, it really doesn't seem like a year does it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrighty05
I would like to see either written tributes or video tributes posted here in memory of his life.

Thanks Pete.
Pete, if you look at our original thread, you will see many, many tributes; one of our most heavily viewed tributes threads, it is a measure of the high regard Peter Brock was held in, not just in Australia, but worldwide. It's here:-

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ht=Peter+Brock

RIP, Brocky
Old 4 Oct 2007, 01:48 (Ref:2030414)   #6
mosscano
Rookie

Australia
Australia
mosscano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmosscano should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
VS III v8 Ute "Peter Brock Tribute"

As a Signmaker I thought the best way I could honour Peter Brock's memory was to create this tribute. This particular one has been modified to honour the 20th Anniversary of Brock's 1987 Bathurst 1000 win.

Peter was an inspiration to me and I hope you all appreciate my tribute.

http://forum.streetcommodores.com.au....php?t=8512155

ps. You will need to become a member to view the pics, but I think its worth it.