Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 11 Mar 2008, 15:32 (Ref:2149217)   #51
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alright everyone, I think we've covered that issue enough now...
Old 11 Mar 2008, 16:40 (Ref:2149248)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Put the internet down kid, you might break it.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 17:21 (Ref:2149267)   #53
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFiama
Since when was gap a verb??

I always said the opposite about "ask". "It's a big ask" - what?
However, that's now accepted usage, so put it down to the changing shape of the language
Old 11 Mar 2008, 17:48 (Ref:2149297)   #54
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFiama
Great race but I was at the in-laws so had the misfortune of having to watch the BBC coverage of the race rather than Eurosport. It got to the point where I almost had to turn the sound off. Where did they get the phrase "gapping" from? They must have said it about 50 times, "the leader is gapping Pedrosa", "Rossi is starting to gap him". Since when was gap a verb??
Don't cry about missing Eurosport's coverage , in fact you had luck! Eurosport was without (english) commentary for the last three hours of the broadcasting(!!). One more proof of the catastrophic management of an otherwise great channel.

Bad "verbs" are better than no verbs.
Old 11 Mar 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2149415)   #55
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Stoner was peerless once again. Not only has he got a great combination, he's very mature for such a young age and obviously has bundles of confidence. Suppose it comes from winning a world title eh?

Suppose the clear 'advantage' Stoner apparently had isn't quite there anymore. The Ducati was quick in a straight line but certainly wasn't overwhelming the others like at times last year. Seems the other's have made up ground.

As have Michelin....
Old 11 Mar 2008, 20:26 (Ref:2149422)   #56
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy
Don't cry about missing Eurosport's coverage , in fact you had luck! Eurosport was without (english) commentary for the last three hours of the broadcasting(!!). One more proof of the catastrophic management of an otherwise great channel.

Bad "verbs" are better than no verbs.

it worked ok here .. thank god as i can't resist 1 minute with "our" commentary "team"

Ciao Marco
Old 12 Mar 2008, 04:17 (Ref:2149696)   #57
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Eurosport guys are cool!
Old 12 Mar 2008, 07:19 (Ref:2149744)   #58
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great start to the season, Casey riding like a champion, Rossi under the gun again with the added pressure of Lorenzo to deal with in addition to his new tyres and Pedrosa off to a flying start, despite his injury. This has all the makings of another fantastic year of MotoGP. On a final note, looking at the helicopter shot of the track before the race was incredible and the clear visors allowed the camera to see their faces which was a nice change as well.
Bring it on!
Old 13 Mar 2008, 16:00 (Ref:2150897)   #59
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Initial reports are saying about 5,000 people watched the race the track.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 21:17 (Ref:2151142)   #60
Piglet
Veteran

Piglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridPiglet should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Initial reports are saying about 5,000 people watched the race the track.
That sounds low to me, I can't imagine you'd be impressed with that as a circuit owner! Is that higher or lower than last year's race?
Old 13 Mar 2008, 21:23 (Ref:2151152)   #61
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, to save time at the Qatar race they don't hold a riders parade, instead they introduce the fans to the riders.

B'doom ching.

Qatar isn't about the on track attendence at all, really...
Old 13 Mar 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2151153)   #62
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
With so few fans, probably had been a better idea to do a fans parade.
Old 13 Mar 2008, 22:57 (Ref:2151226)   #63
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Well, to save time at the Qatar race they don't hold a riders parade, instead they introduce the fans to the riders.

B'doom ching.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
Qatar isn't about the on track attendence at all, really...
Well I would think not, only 18 bikes?
Old 14 Mar 2008, 16:41 (Ref:2151794)   #64
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
is it just me who thinks it is pathetic having races in places like this-where its only cuz of the money, not the fan interest. I mean, look at the popularity crowd wise of bike racing in european countries (Laguna also) I guess for me its the whole "Bernie Ecclestone" effect here, go where the wads of money are, not the fans...sure build a mountain of lights (waste of energy up the wazoo imo) to make a unique race--yes it was unique, but its still only there cuz the country is willing to plop down gajillions for their "image" (cough cough F1 in China cough)...

what a griping old fart I am, sure I watched and enjoyed the race, but that was what I was really thinking, especially thinking how an 18 bike field is such simply because lack of money and here they are throwing bucketloads building a track in the desert and setting up enough lights to do all the snazzy things they bragged about (light a road to Moscow etc)

grumpy in Canada
Old 14 Mar 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2151807)   #65
Dani Filth
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
i'm all for racing on the Moon rather than not racing at all ..

Ciao Marco
Old 14 Mar 2008, 17:57 (Ref:2151821)   #66
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

I prefer the pre-Bernie mode of motorsport.

The correlation between money and sport-show is positive at the beginning but negative after that, when money reach a "ridiculous" level.

Twenty years ago I preferred Indy Car Racing over F1. I hope FIM doesn't go on the F1 route.