Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who do you think will be the 3rd maker?
Other GM brands (Pontiac, Chevrolet, Daewoo, etc) 3 5.08%
Other Ford brands (Volvo, Jaguar, etc) 0 0%
Toyota 38 64.41%
Nissan 3 5.08%
Mitsubishi 1 1.69%
Other (Chrysler, Mercedes, BMW etc) 14 23.73%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 May 2008, 04:35 (Ref:2214364)   #76
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you'll find Tony Cochrane would have to crawl through the door on his hands and knees begging at Toyota Australia for them to consider showing the slightest interest.
Old 29 May 2008, 04:47 (Ref:2214367)   #77
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
I think what you meant to say* is that if Toyota come to the paty with a big cheque, VESA will find a way to make it happen

Mick

(*and may have, my interperetation skills are a bit dodgy atm )
That is what I mean to say if it was misunderstood.

Also as V8's rule said there is really no reason why you could not make it work if that's what people wanted.
Old 29 May 2008, 06:04 (Ref:2214384)   #78
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
Casper.......So I guess that sort of fundamental logic would mean.......Nether Ford or Holden are eligable any longer .......Been a long time since they made 5litre engines!
The rules say...RWD MADE IN AUSTRALIA. Both current manufacturers who are racing comply with that, the fact that the cars are bespoke and only resemble their road bretheren is not the point. Now IIRC Toyota do not comply but the rule makers can change the rules any time it suits them and most definitely would if Toyota showed the least amount of interest. The fact that the rules have not been changed indicates to me that Toyota are not interested now or in the future. Now I coild pick up a phone and ring someone and actually confirm that but my common sense says it ain't going to happen so I don't need to. Cochrane has not got a chance in hell of convincing Toyota to compete in a series that has no demographic relationship to their market in this country. Now I can understand that, why can't everyone else? Is it really that hard?