Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 5 Jun 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2220184)   #101
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you JohnD you've scored a hit for us carburettered masses. Well done!

Max
Old 5 Jun 2008, 15:54 (Ref:2220598)   #102
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman
Thank you JohnD you've scored a hit for us carburettered masses. Well done!

Max
Indeed, well done John - although ironically I think he runs on fuel injection!
Old 5 Jun 2008, 19:48 (Ref:2220749)   #103
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, and if massive demand will bring down the price, maybe I'll fit one anyway. It would be a good way to check the fuel pressure (critical on Lucas Pi) from time to time.

JOhn
Old 18 Jun 2008, 17:42 (Ref:2232064)   #104
JohnD
Veteran

JohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohnD should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
All,
Even better! I have another letter from the MSA:

Dear John,
Re: Fuel sampling valves
Thank you for your letter of the 3rd June concerning the above.

Please be aware that the proposal has again been modified by the Motor Sports Council such that the requirement is only applicable to British and MSA Championships.

YS
For the MSA
John Symes
Technical & Risk Control Manager

A small victory for common sense!

John
Old 18 Jun 2008, 20:54 (Ref:2232210)   #105
johnw
Veteran

England
Chichester - 1/2 mile from Goodwood
johnw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sensible and good news.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 09:53 (Ref:2232501)   #106
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well done JohnD.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2232556)   #107
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Well done John but aren't MSA championships the championships we all run in?
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:30 (Ref:2232598)   #108
NiG_21
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepperton, Middlesex
NiG_21 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You may indeed be running in a MSA or British Championship but here is the complete list ... these are championship run by the MSA I believe.

http://www.msauk.org/site/wbs/news/L...a7&chapter=313

Essentially it will have 'MSA' or 'British' in the championship name.... most of us here are 'club' racers an so need not worry anymore.

Last edited by NiG_21; 19 Jun 2008 at 12:32.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 12:50 (Ref:2232615)   #109
tristancliffe
Veteran

United Kingdom
Norwich, UK
tristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridtristancliffe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah!

Having said that, I may well fit a cheaper quick-release nipple for draining fuel, checking fuel pressure and that sort of thing. But it won't be as expensive as the FIA approved ones.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 13:37 (Ref:2232635)   #110
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiG_21
You may indeed be running in a MSA or British Championship but here is the complete list ... these are championship run by the MSA I believe.

http://www.msauk.org/site/wbs/news/L...a7&chapter=313

Essentially it will have 'MSA' or 'British' in the championship name.... most of us here are 'club' racers an so need not worry anymore.
That's OK then, I thought most championships went under the MSA banner but I got it the wrong way round.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2232667)   #111
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Although I am like most of you guys here and abhor the claustrophobic domination of the MSA and organising clubs, I have to say that we fitted some dry break couplings on tees to a couple of cars a few years ago and found them so useful that we would never be without the facility now. The first thing we did when we brought a pair of FR2000's was to find a spare female end to the standard dry breaks they have fitted to allow us to use it for draining tanks.
In truth all the MSA had to write in the rule was that " all competitors must be capable of safely draing a 3 litre fuel sample from their car in parc ferme" That woul;d have done nicely.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 16:59 (Ref:2232792)   #112
JohnD
Veteran

Bob, all,
I too plan to fit one, if only to make testing the fuel pressure an easier job - at present I have to insert a threaded connection T to the fuel line. But like tristan it won't be a £250 jobbie with a FIA sticker on it - I have the choice, and I'm happy with that.

It doesn't look well on the MSA that it's doing these U-tunrs, is it? You would think they would learn.

John
Old 19 Jun 2008, 17:05 (Ref:2232796)   #113
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD
It doesn't look well on the MSA that it's doing these U-turns, is it? You would think they would learn.

John
At least they are doing the U turns which means they are listening.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 18:28 (Ref:2232833)   #114
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah dont knock them for listening to racers opinions and acting on it I think its a positive reaction to be applauded. As for fuel pressure testing I just leave one (guage) permanently plumbed in as they are not that expensive unless they are the fancy ones you fit in the car with a sender.
Old 19 Jun 2008, 19:35 (Ref:2232888)   #115
JohnD
Veteran

That's it, Al. Mines a converted oil pressure gauge on the end of a long peice of Aeroquip. I really don't fancy there being a fuel filled pipe at 100psi with me in the cockpit while racing, but it's useful for testing on road runs.

John
Old 19 Jun 2008, 20:02 (Ref:2232919)   #116
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I have it poked under the bonnet and can just see it from the cockpit when its reading where it should, very useful guage as it happens especially if you have a fault like missing at top end or bogging and not sure whether its electrical or fuel problems.

Tags
blue book