Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Jul 2008, 10:47 (Ref:2252551)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Family Fortunes Podcast - "The Brocks"

Anyone watch the ABC show this week?

Podcast Here
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 17 Jul 2008, 11:17 (Ref:2252570)   #2
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i didn't watch it nor will i, i prefer to remember the Brocky i knew, the one who always gave it a red hot go, the one always willing to have a chat with the fans and signing autographs longer then all others. he probably was difficult to live with and probably wasn't the easiest person to get along with but thats not the Brocky i knew or want to remember. everyone to their own though.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 11:38 (Ref:2252583)   #3
Henry
Veteran

Australia
hero to zero in two seconds flat
Henry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't as much about Peter, as those who were left behind.

I thought that Bev, James, Rob & Alexandra carried themselves with a huge amount of dignity and could consider themselves worthy custodians of the Brock legend and legacy.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 13:00 (Ref:2252633)   #4
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
i didn't watch it nor will i, i prefer to remember the Brocky i knew
Maybe you should of got to know the real person, not all that great.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 19:58 (Ref:2252873)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
i didn't watch it nor will i, i prefer to remember the Brocky i knew, the one who always gave it a red hot go, the one always willing to have a chat with the fans and signing autographs longer then all others. he probably was difficult to live with and probably wasn't the easiest person to get along with but thats not the Brocky i knew or want to remember. everyone to their own though.
It's actually a pretty good documentary and isn't negative at all. As said, it's really about those left behind and how they have coped.

My last career/job I worked with celebrities and movie stars. I always found meeting them in person that they were always shorter, older, uglier than you see on tv or in the movies. They never quite lived up to the pillar people put them on. Because ultimately they are just people too, with merits and failings.

PB had a lot of positive merits but also some failings as well. No point in criticizing now, but certainly something to learn from.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2253007)   #6
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Majority of the story explained why he seemed to be going crazy in the last couple of years. Would like to remember him for what he did on track, but it's hard not to be able to ignore such facts about his behavior and how he treated his family.
Old 17 Jul 2008, 23:48 (Ref:2253024)   #7
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Majority of the story explained why he seemed to be going crazy in the last couple of years. Would like to remember him for what he did on track, but it's hard not to be able to ignore such facts about his behavior and how he treated his family.
I think a lot of it was chronic middle age crisis syndrome.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 00:10 (Ref:2253028)   #8
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know about middle aged crisis. It was clear from the documentary that Peter Perfect was a constant womaniser over the entire time he was with Bev and the family - and they knew it. Seems to be more a case of believing his own press........

More strength to her (and their) arm for not becoming bitter and twisted about it all. I was very glad to see that the courts have ruled in favour of the family inheriting the Brock legacy rather than the latest in a long line of his daliances getting hold of it.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 02:17 (Ref:2253063)   #9
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bigtime
Maybe you should of got to know the real person, not all that great.
like i said later in the post he probably was hard to live with etc and it probably wasn't that great, i never knew that man, the man i knew was the one i described and thats how i want it to be. just like when you lose a family member you don't remember the negatives you remember the positives (you might do the opposite but i don't).
Old 18 Jul 2008, 03:53 (Ref:2253089)   #10
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
like i said later in the post he probably was hard to live with etc and it probably wasn't that great, i never knew that man, the man i knew was the one i described and thats how i want it to be. just like when you lose a family member you don't remember the negatives you remember the positives (you might do the opposite but i don't).
Pro, I have an attitude along similar lines to your's however I watched the podcast.

Wasnt anything I didnt already know and I agree that it just re-affirms the dignity with which the family continue to carry themselves.

Dont listen to billy big note he just depises anything or anyone to do with HRT.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 07:00 (Ref:2253139)   #11
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I watched it with interest. I kind of got the impression that when Brocky hooked up with Julie Bamford, that he may have been fed up with the whole family thing. The children by their own admission said they weren't under any pressure to leave home/get a job etc and it seemed like they had lived off the legacy as much as anyone else. Ultimately the same kind of issues that every family has to deal with I guess.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 07:30 (Ref:2253147)   #12
billy bigtime
Veteran

Australia
Simon McNamaras egg farm.
billy bigtime has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I put my trust in the truth.
As a driver he was great, as a man he was pathetic.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 09:26 (Ref:2253193)   #13
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
His brother Neil said after Brocks death that Peter wasn't coping with getting old.
Old 18 Jul 2008, 10:06 (Ref:2253212)   #14
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And yet it was odd (surprising???) that his brother became so closely allied to Julie Bamford during the court hearings....A question the show never raised was 'who was the REAL driving force behind the legal proceedings?'
Old 18 Jul 2008, 10:37 (Ref:2253233)   #15
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker
And yet it was odd (surprising???) that his brother became so closely allied to Julie Bamford during the court hearings....A question the show never raised was 'who was the REAL driving force behind the legal proceedings?'
Which brother, he has 3?
Old 18 Jul 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2253652)   #16
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lewis I believe - but regardless of who, the fact one of his brothers so publically aligned himself with Bamford had to raise the question 'was she acting alone on the grassy knoll?'
Old 18 Jul 2008, 23:03 (Ref:2253657)   #17
xrystl
Racer

Pitcairn Islands
gold coast
xrystl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought that the show was just a different slant on what was already publicly known - IIRC the Brock brothers weren't the best of mates , think Phil was perhaps the closest for a while .