Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 Jul 2008, 10:10 (Ref:2257086)   #76
greenamex2
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
greenamex2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare
It has to be the responsibility of the organising club to kill series which don't fill the grid. I think there should be a "per event" charge for a series and competitors should just pay their pro-rata share of the track time. If it costs say £10,000 for 80 minutes of track time then a grid of 35 cars would pay £285 each. A grid of 10 cars would pay £1,000 each. That would soon kill off the smaller series!
Not "kill", "merge" (possibly as separate entities to later split out should numbers recover).

You still need the ability to have series with smaller numbers otherwise you couldn't start new series.

There are numerous examples of series that have either started out small but gone on to much bigger things, or had a lean period and recovered to field large grids.

If you just kill a series then you will probably stop the person being able to race ever again. Most people will probably only ever be able to race one car, if the series for that car is killed then that car is possibly worthless and they are out of racing for good.

Plus I could quote numerous examples of people that have spouted the "I have got a good grid why should I subsidise smaller ones" line, and are now in smaller grids or (or no series at all) themselves. Remember "What goes around comes around".
Old 24 Jul 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2257108)   #77
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps each series should buy its own grid and race time. That should soon encourage coordinators to try t get better numbers or merge the series with something else. Monoposto buy their grids off the CSCC, I think.