Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2002, 20:53 (Ref:243917)   #26
expert
Racer

expert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
really exciting: these battles between JPM and schuey... just a pity they don't last longer then 150 metres: then one is usually standing in the pits with the other down the field somewhere in 15th or so. definition of a great driver: one that wipes all the others out // definition of 2 great drivers: 2 drivers that wipe each other out... bah...
Old 26 Mar 2002, 04:49 (Ref:244224)   #27
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Sooner rather than later, MSch will realise that he will have to respect JPM and JPM will need to do likewise to MSch to avoid both of them living in the kitty litter. I amsure that they are just sparring right now to establish territorial rights on the track. I am sure that we will see a lot more exciting racing this year. Too bad the McLarens can't join in just yet.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 09:58 (Ref:244295)   #28
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
really exciting: these battles between JPM and schuey... just a pity they don't last longer then 150 metres
Presumably you missed the Melbourne race. We've only had two races - one with a very exciting sequence of defending, overtaking, more defending and finally re-overtaking. First corner red-mist aside, I can't see why we won't get more of that in the future.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 14:11 (Ref:244438)   #29
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
race aficionado should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
I can't see why we won't get more of that in the future.
This year is going to be so exciting -- well, IMHO it already is -- and a lot of racing is going to be seen, not only between Juan and Michael but Ralf and Rubens and hopefully more of the other drivers will have a chance too.

Right now we have the Ferrari 2002 - the big question - will it? / won't it? - will it be SO fast and indestructible that once it appears Ferrari will be 1-2 the rest of the year?- and therefore no more fun for us racing fans?

I don't think so, I have a feeling that the sleeping monster (Ferrari 2002) - won't be the hype its hyped to be. (wishful thinking in action but I trust my instinct)
Old 26 Mar 2002, 15:09 (Ref:244463)   #30
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think this season is definately looking better than last. Remember when it rained. Then all the rumors of traction control. Ferrari looked like only they could beat themselves. Especially MS. This time around at least he is being tried on a regular basis. In Melbourne he was definately the fastest but not necessarily the most hungry. I only hope the 2002 is a flop. It, has not looked that way so far. Ok, lets hope other teams catch up really quickly.
Old 26 Mar 2002, 15:51 (Ref:244482)   #31
Glen
Veteran

Glen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGlen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd far rather that the other teams continued to fight back, than the F2002 proves unreliable. Sorry to whoever might take this personally, but I fail to understand how anyone who wishes for cars to break down can call themselves a fan of F1 racing. The other teams have an equal opportnity to build reliable, fast cars - let them do it. If Ferrari succeed with the F2002, and build a reliable car that can be consistently better than the superlative F2001, then good luck to them - they will have won fair and square.

To follow in that vein, I very much hope that Mclaren (certainly not my own personal favourite team) can get the reliability sorted out - and soon. This championship will be enlivened still further by the silver cars taking their rightful place among the front of the grid.

Back to the thread proper - I can't wait for this scrap, it's gonna be great! Schumacher showing us what that fabulous new car can do; Montoya finding a little bit of calm to go with the latin fire (I hope); Ralf attempting (failing?) to prove that Sepang was no win by default... In the end I think the Michelins will prevail, and that Montoya will prove the best Michelin runner. Rain is not unlikely also - which could mean a chance for JPM and Kimi to show us what they're made of against the undisputed genius of MS in the wet.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 00:54 (Ref:244846)   #32
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Now I read that Renault wants to join the fight. Maybe Rubens abd Ralf will be right up there, and the two McLarens might find some legs again. This could turn out to be a great year.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 01:27 (Ref:244853)   #33
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glen you are right. It is not right to wish ill on other teams. It is just that sometimes Ferrari seems so unbeatable. If they do not have issues then they will win all the races. You are right the other teams need to get it together.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 02:27 (Ref:244871)   #34
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY
more racing please

Quote:
Originally posted by race aficionado

I have a feeling that the sleeping monster (Ferrari 2002) - won't be the hype its hyped to be. (wishful thinking in action but I trust my instinct)
Quote:
Originally posted by Glen
but I fail to understand how anyone who wishes for cars to break down can call themselves a fan of F1 racing.
i hope you didn't mean me Glen, I don't wish the new F1 to beak down. i just think that I hope it is not going to run away with it all, specially when finally now we are having some exciting racing and the Williams team with Juan and Ralf are ready to duke it out with Michael & Ruben.

it's just with all the talk and hype given to the Ferrari 2002, it is being painted like a scene from the roadrunner and the coyote cartoon: The new Ferrari comes to town and suddenly "peep! peep!'
Old 27 Mar 2002, 02:30 (Ref:244872)   #35
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Montoya may have learned a lesson at Sepang, if he has a racing brain that is. While its all good to go toe to toe with Michael, he needs to understand that Michael Schumacher is NOT another Andretti who he can intimidate. It's actually the other way around. Schumacher is a master at mind games. And it looks to me as if Montoya is beginning to bite. He was running his mouth in the press prior to Sepang in which he proclaimed himself as Michael's number one challenger - Schumacher in turn, in one of his interviews said Ralf was his major challenger and that the Mclarens were not to be written off - guess what happened - Sepang 2002. Maybe Montoya had another rush of blood and took more of a risk in the first corner than he should have. In the end, Michael is still leading the championship, and Ralf is just 2 points behind Montoya.

I reckon the Schumacher mind games may be starting to have an effect on Mr.Monty. Still to early to say for sure - no doubt - but its something Ill be watching very closely in the next few races
Old 27 Mar 2002, 02:36 (Ref:244874)   #36
race aficionado
Racer

Colombia
Manhattan, NY

Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

I reckon the Schumacher mind games may be starting to have an effect on Mr.Monty. Still to early to say for sure - no doubt - but its something Ill be watching very closely in the next few races
I would look at this the other way also, Juan is playing his game too, and very well I would say,
they both are and it is worth the watch . . .
Old 27 Mar 2002, 04:07 (Ref:244888)   #37
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mania

" While its all good to go toe to toe with Michael, he needs to understand that Michael Schumacher is NOT another Andretti who he can intimidate."

Well, first of all, Andretti wasn't intimidated. But he knew in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't get away with anything funny racing with Juan. After that they raced wheel to wheel at the superspeedways at 225+mph with absolutely no trouble at all. It wasn't about intimidation. It was about respect and in the end, both had plenty for the other.

And if Mikey tries to intimidate Juan, so what? Juan will just take them both into the fence at full clip. And then he
will taunt him like he did to Villeneuve.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 04:24 (Ref:244895)   #38
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dr. Austin
Quote:

Juan will just take them both into the fence at full clip. And then he
will taunt him like he did to Villeneuve.
Providing he walks away from the fence with his legs and head and arms intact.
Old 27 Mar 2002, 04:25 (Ref:244896)   #39
Dr. Austin
Veteran

Dr. Austin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
watch
Old 31 Mar 2002, 04:23 (Ref:247828)   #40
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Our prayers will be answered

For once, I am going to get up at 2.45 am to watch an F1 race. I just hope that JPM will keep his line at the start and go straight for the corner. He is on the cleaner side of the track, and if Ralf follows him straight, both of them will beat the Ferrari into the first corner.
That leads me to pit stop strategies. I don't think that MSch will beat JPM into the first corner even if JPM is one stopping, and MSch is two stopping. However, there are opportunities to overtake at Interlagos. I suspect that MSch will two stop, as intimated by JPM in the post quals conference. He will then try to overtake the Williams and gather a significant lead before his pit stop, because I think both Williams will be one stopping. That leaves Rubens. he will have no hope of getting anywhere by one stopping as he starts from the 4th row. I wouldn't be surprised if Rubens is on a two stopper, but start on a light load for an early stop. This will give him some chance to gain places in the early laps.
As I said in the first post here, I am going to enjoy this race.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 04:31 (Ref:247829)   #41
Raoul Duke
Veteran

Raoul Duke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indeed, I must say that the possibility of having 3 different winners after just the first 3 races is something of a rarity in F1 these days.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 06:54 (Ref:247852)   #42
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
It is sad indeed that everyone has counted out DC already.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 13:10 (Ref:248939)   #43
expert
Racer

expert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

"really exciting: these battles between JPM and schuey... just a pity they don't last longer then 150 metres: then one is usually standing in the pits with the other down the field somewhere in 15th or so. definition of a great driver: one that wipes all the others out // definition of 2 great drivers: 2 drivers that wipe each other out... bah..."

did anyone see the brazilian grand prix?!? see my point?!?