Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 2009, 12:36 (Ref:2578236)   #276
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to me Bargs was driving like an idiot, he practically just drove into CL's door and kept going. for mine it was a violent battle both got hot under the helmet and it ended in tears. it was comming one or both were going off the black stuff at some point and that ended up being Bargs, Bargs almost caused CL to travel a similar route twice only difference was CL saved it and Bargs diddn't. paybacks a ***** i guess.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 13:10 (Ref:2578250)   #277
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It shouldn't matter if Bargs was driving like a ******. Theres rules for a reason (although how far they can be bent is debatable). The rules should be applied across the board.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:11 (Ref:2578463)   #278
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As you said there are rules.

fortuantly one of them is common sense should apply. apparently the stewards have it in this case and some posters don't
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:19 (Ref:2578467)   #279
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
to me Bargs was driving like an idiot, he practically just drove into CL's door and kept going. for mine it was a violent battle both got hot under the helmet and it ended in tears. it was comming one or both were going off the black stuff at some point and that ended up being Bargs, Bargs almost caused CL to travel a similar route twice only difference was CL saved it and Bargs diddn't. paybacks a ***** i guess.
I alluded to the Bargwanna/Whincup incident at Surfers when I said drivers should know when to yield. Look at Tander's/Davison's examples this round for a perfect illustration of how slower cars allow the quicker cars past - no rubbing, just clean passes.

Bargs, on the other hand, is one of the most notorious offenders for not yielding when he is clearly the slower competitor. He should be better than that.

Having said that, Lowndes clearly punted Bargs off and should be penalised (even if Bargs was doing the wrong thing by Lowndes).
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:23 (Ref:2578472)   #280
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
As you said there are rules.

fortuantly one of them is common sense should apply. apparently the stewards have it in this case and some posters don't
Could you supply a link to this common sense rule you speak of?
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:26 (Ref:2578478)   #281
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
you either have it or you dont,

Have you lost yours?
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:31 (Ref:2578485)   #282
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i would have thought there was visual evidence that Bargs moved over on Lowndes during the final act of their dance, before the corner, and as such Lowndes didn't have to yield? maybe he mistook the #888 for the #1 and was trying for some retribution
Old 8 Nov 2009, 22:32 (Ref:2578487)   #283
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
you either have it or you dont,

Have you lost yours?
You said it was a rule, not a given. Lucky VESA don't own the forum, you'd be banned in a heartbeat for mentioning common sense here.
Old 8 Nov 2009, 23:58 (Ref:2578544)   #284
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS500 View Post
i ended up turning off after the safety car F*up

Imagine if Courtney hadn't found the gap between the cars!
If he didn't and i was Dick Johnson i would have sent the repair bill to Tony Cochrane!!!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:02 (Ref:2578546)   #285
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
i would have thought there was visual evidence that Bargs moved over on Lowndes during the final act of their dance, before the corner, and as such Lowndes didn't have to yield? maybe he mistook the #888 for the #1 and was trying for some retribution
Yeah coz #1 and #888 look sooo similar.

Bargs was driving like a man possesed. It was good hard racing, yes there was recklessness but as always at the end of the day it ends up in tears for someone. and thats racing. Lowndes gave as good as he got like skaife said in the commentary if he were lowndes bargs would have been buuried in the sandtrap. I think that bargs is driving for his future with all the talk of SGR disasapearing at years end he has a point to prove, however like skaife said there is proving a point and being reckless and stupid.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:22 (Ref:2578552)   #286
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a slightly different note, has anyone found the clip of Lowndes start in the 2nd race?
I know it was a slow start and cost him a few spots, but it was cool none the less! Good skills for letting the clutch go a bit early and not jumping the start!

Someone post the link? Ta
Old 9 Nov 2009, 00:50 (Ref:2578561)   #287
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by EBXR8 View Post
Yeah coz #1 and #888 look sooo similar.

Bargs was driving like a man possesed. It was good hard racing, yes there was recklessness but as always at the end of the day it ends up in tears for someone. and thats racing. Lowndes gave as good as he got like skaife said in the commentary if he were lowndes bargs would have been buuried in the sandtrap. I think that bargs is driving for his future with all the talk of SGR disasapearing at years end he has a point to prove, however like skaife said there is proving a point and being reckless and stupid.
If he proved anything, its that no teamowner would want him.....
Old 9 Nov 2009, 01:02 (Ref:2578570)   #288
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
In my mind a team owner would have been put off by what he did on Sunday
Old 9 Nov 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2578589)   #289
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I highly doubt he was high on anyones list before sunday. Sunday just cemented his future really.
Old 9 Nov 2009, 03:11 (Ref:2578616)   #290
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Bargwana will end up at Kelly Racing and bring sponsor $$$ that is his only real option IMHO
Old 9 Nov 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2578759)   #291
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Judging by the telecast at the time, Mr Murphy senior would tend to disagree. He seemed quite happy to have a quarter of a mil placed on the line for 13th...
Or was he just happy to be getting some air time?
Old 9 Nov 2009, 09:18 (Ref:2578761)   #292
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Judging by the telecast at the time, Mr Murphy senior would tend to disagree. He seemed quite happy to have a quarter of a mil placed on the line for 13th...
I would guess he was cheering HIS team square up against 888.[re Bathurst and Surfers]

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 9 Nov 2009, 10:41 (Ref:2578809)   #293
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time to go Bargs.
The last three rounds has seen flashes of greatness but ultimately it's shown that you mid pack at best.
Block for all your worth at Bathurst and complain when you get turned, got a good move pulled on you at the GC when you got baulked so just turn in on the guy and PI.
Go race a ute.
Old 10 Nov 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2579795)   #294
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
I think he was just having some fun with Bargs' critics. Had the positions been for a podium finish I doubt he would have been so relaxed in the pits...
Old 11 Nov 2009, 01:48 (Ref:2579878)   #295
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Bargs

While I can't agree with Barg's bashing of lownes, it is not up to the driver (lowndes) to seek retribution. That is for the stewards. Thererore lowndes deserved a drive through. He punted another car of the track. Pure and simple.

But of course this is 888, who can do what they like - turn backmarkers
arround, race with a piece of bodywork dangling in the breeze and then try to tear it off on the wall during a safety car intervention.

I wonder where Roland keeps his keys & wallet, since his pockets are full of officals.

On the other hand I wet myself laughing at frosty being waiting like my nana at a bus stop to get back into the car. Perhaps a boy scout could have helped him cross the road? And why does he have to stay with the car- were they afraid they'd come back and find it on besser blocks?
Old 11 Nov 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2579896)   #296
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos WTF View Post
I wonder where Roland keeps his keys & wallet, since his pockets are full of officals.
Gold, I love it!
Old 11 Nov 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2580013)   #297
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
While I can't agree with Barg's bashing of lownes, it is not up to the driver (lowndes) to seek retribution. That is for the stewards. Thererore lowndes deserved a drive through. He punted another car of the track. Pure and simple.

arround, race with a piece of bodywork dangling in the breeze and then try to tear it off on the wall during a safety car intervention.

On the other hand I wet myself laughing at frosty being waiting like my nana at a bus stop to get back into the car. Perhaps a boy scout could have helped him cross the road? And why does he have to stay with the car- were they afraid they'd come back and find it on besser blocks?
Its ok, i emailed Rick Kelly, he is sending you one of his special boxes of tissues
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:16 (Ref:2580451)   #298
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by retro View Post
I would guess he was cheering HIS team square up against 888.[re Bathurst and Surfers]
Hey yeah, I forgot about that. Puts some context around the biff and barge. Oops, I think I stumbled across a new nickname: "Bargewanna"...

Quote:

Agree with all of that. If they're going down the path of letting drivers "redress" by punting blokes off, we're about to see even more mayhem.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:21 (Ref:2580453)   #299
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good! Its about the only interesting thing that happens these days. And if you thought Bargs/Lowndes were out of order, don't turn One HD on right now, you'll fall off your collective chairs...
Old 11 Nov 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2580458)   #300
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Quote:
Its ok, i emailed Rick Kelly, he is sending you one of his special boxes of tissues
Thanks for the offer, I'm supprised there are any available, since the ford
appologists would have gone through a container or ten after the Bathurst drubbing.

A tarted up fairmont is not a "legendary muscle car"
Closed Thread