Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 6 Apr 2002, 07:01 (Ref:253202)   #26
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
paulzino,see my previous post.Try Mill House Books in Boston,Lincs.www.millhousebooks.com They have both in their catalogue.Grand Prix,2 tapes(170mins)£34.99. LeMans £24.99.
Old 6 Apr 2002, 07:58 (Ref:253226)   #27
Nicholas
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nicholas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ITV aired Grand Prix during the British GP week last year. But I wasn't around to watch unfortunately. I expect they'll show it again in about 3 years time...
Classic Eddie Irvine moments, #1
Interviewer: "Why has Schumacher got an odd shaped helmet?" Eddie: "Because he's German, he's got an odd shaped head"
Old 7 Apr 2002, 18:05 (Ref:254288)   #28
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess Grand Prix will be on some time this month on TCM, I don't have a listings magazine, so keep an eye out.
Old 7 Apr 2002, 18:15 (Ref:254297)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS

I'd disagree with you on this one; Grand Prix and Le Mans stand head and shoulders above the rest. The reason they are popular with motorsport fans is that they really are quite poor as feature films because they make very little attempt at broad appeal. As a result neither did very well at the box office. What they do is offer a snapshot of racing at the time they were made. James Garner and Steve McQueen loved their racing and both films were as much an excuse to drive the cars as anything else. This comes out in both films, unlike some of the others mentioned in this thread, the stars are very happy to play second fiddle to the cars.
Spot on mate. (But then you knew I'd say that, didn't you!!
Old 8 Apr 2002, 08:51 (Ref:254609)   #30
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not making this up but has anyone else heard the rumour that Antonio Banderas is to play the part of Aryton Senna in a movie about his life?
Old 8 Apr 2002, 09:55 (Ref:254659)   #31
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Heard that a while back, what actually became of it?
Old 13 Apr 2002, 01:33 (Ref:258595)   #32
MrLipid
Rookie

MrLipid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Full Throttle?

While it doesn't qualify as a feature film, I'd recommend Rowan Atkinson in Full Throttle. It's a biographical sketch of Sir Henry Birkin. Lots of ancient iron being put through its paces. Some of the Brooklands footage is particularly impressive. Atkinson's passion for racing provides the same fire found in the performances of McQueen and Garner. For fans of the golden age, Full Throttle is gold indeed.