Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 Dec 2009, 13:27 (Ref:2597889)   #26
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I would like to see them stay if they could make the advantages/disadvantages more equal... a diverse looking field is what sports cars is all about in my opinion. It's great at Le Mans being able to easily differentiate between cars by looks and sounds, especially when you have non-nerds with you.
Old 11 Dec 2009, 16:00 (Ref:2597977)   #27
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Zac, I didn't understand a word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkelland View Post
Could the series implement a new system involving a light (somewhere over the top of the cockpit or on the lower part of windscreen (similar to the Peugeots) that would change color when a certain driver is in the car?
Le Mans cars already have lights: the top three cars of each class have one, two and three diods on in the rear, with different colors depending on the class.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 11:14 (Ref:2598418)   #28
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Zac, I didn't understand a word.

Le Mans cars already have lights: the top three cars of each class have one, two and three diods on in the rear, with different colors depending on the class.

But they're nothing to do with who's driving the car at any given time.....
Old 12 Dec 2009, 19:31 (Ref:2598617)   #29
tkelland
Rookie

tkelland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
But they're nothing to do with who's driving the car at any given time.....
Exactly. I'm just saying it's an extension of the leader lights system that's already in place. The Peugeot's have a blue (I believe I've seen other colors, too) light eminating from the base of the windscreen wiper blade. Didn't Pescarolo run a green light there at LM 09?

Just to use something like that which could be visible to spectators and they could refer to a Spotter's Guide to see what driver used what color light. Because face it, if you're interested and knowledgable enough to know who the drivers are, and to care who they are, you probably care enough to print a Spotters Guide off at home before leaving for the track.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 20:18 (Ref:2598632)   #30
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Aysedasi, I meant that adding even more lights will only confuse things. Anyway, endurance racing is something of a team sport and knowing who is behind the wheel isn't as important as the car's badge.
Old 12 Dec 2009, 20:42 (Ref:2598641)   #31
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Aysedasi, I meant that adding even more lights will only confuse things. Anyway, endurance racing is something of a team sport and knowing who is behind the wheel isn't as important as the car's badge.
Why would it be confusing? It would only take a single light, on top of the car(?). It could have plain white, and red LEDs in it, with a 3 position switch, white = driver 1, red = driver 2 and off for driver 3.
And the statement that who is or is not in the car, not being of importance, is a rather narrow view. Some fans do like to know who is in the car and root for that team simply because that driver is part of the team!
It is a simple thing that would accomodate even more people who are/could be fans, and we need all of those that we can get!

L.P.
Old 13 Dec 2009, 09:43 (Ref:2598825)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That's true too. I have to say in 25 years of watching endurance sportscar racing, I can rarely think of occasions when I've asked who was driving a car at a particular time..... But I've no really strong feelings on the subject.....
Old 17 Dec 2009, 22:53 (Ref:2601638)   #33
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
I dunno. Sometimes, it helps to know who is pushing harder, who's softpedalling. I like the tricolour LED idea. Simple enough to use. Until it stops working, as happened at Silverstone LMS, and pretty much ALL the GT1 cars had no position lights working!