Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 17 Dec 2009, 19:53 (Ref:2601527)   #26
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Watched most of the second at x12 speed, stopping only to check the dumb crashes
At the risk of upsetting GTR - you need another player that does x100 Crap event, Crap circuit, Failed track designer (whoops, wrong thread - but the mod started it mod...)
Old 17 Dec 2009, 21:54 (Ref:2601589)   #27
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm pretty sick and tired of reading the same crap in each thread.
Old 17 Dec 2009, 22:08 (Ref:2601604)   #28
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
At the risk of upsetting GTR - you need another player that does x100 Crap event, Crap circuit, Failed track designer (whoops, wrong thread - but the mod started it mod...)
Could have run it at x30, but I might have missed the exciting moments.

I'm a long way away here, so I might be completely off-track, but that struck me as an event run for all the wrong reasons. While I'd prefer to use and invest in existing infrastructure over temporary facilities, simply because that has wider use, I'm not entirely anti street circuits. There's something to be said for taking the event to the spectators which really only motorsport can do. However, there's a difference between 'We'd like an event in Adelaide, where's a good set of streets?' producing AGP and then Clipsal, or 'We want an event at Homebush, make the best out of an entirely unsuitable set of streets'. Skaify did the best he could, and several people were very nice about it, but as a TV event it was frankly dire. Way too narrow, wholly too bumpy, and completely unsatisfactory. The number of late race incidents just smacked of desparation. Not a fan, sorry.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 00:33 (Ref:2601673)   #29
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You've kept your ARDC membership close to your chest Woolley.......until now ! You realise you will be feeling pin pricks all over Christmas as the Eastern Creek haters torture their Woolley voodoo dolls over the holidays now. At least it takes a bit of the heat off poor old DRT !
Old 18 Dec 2009, 01:42 (Ref:2601697)   #30
stoned pony
Veteran

Vanuatu
Chained to my desk
stoned pony should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DV_08 View Post
I'm pretty sick and tired of reading the same crap in each thread.
Then don't read the thread.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 03:24 (Ref:2601717)   #31
V8Bobby
Rookie

Australia
V8Bobby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
185,000 people vs 50 odd thousand at an Oran Park or a 20-30 thousand at Eastern Creek. What is your idea of a good event?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 04:08 (Ref:2601720)   #32
Green Hornet
Racer

Green Hornet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Notice how most who have run the event down didn't actually go to the Homebush round
Old 18 Dec 2009, 04:41 (Ref:2601725)   #33
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Notice how most who have run the event down didn't actually go to the Homebush round
Fascinating. But it is the same story over thread after thread.How many times can this negativity be bought up? I am with GTR magic he should lock the thread.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:00 (Ref:2601734)   #34
NewsStalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8Bobby View Post
185,000 people vs 50 odd thousand at an Oran Park or a 20-30 thousand at Eastern Creek. What is your idea of a good event?
Crowds don't make an event good - especially a first time event (of ANY kind).
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:02 (Ref:2601735)   #35
NewsStalker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Ryan View Post
Fascinating. But it is the same story over thread after thread.How many times can this negativity be bought up? I am with GTR magic he should lock the thread.
I actually find it quite funny that GTR has reversed his previous trend of bagging non-permanent track events for Homebush - has me asking why?

Did he have a job there this time?
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:39 (Ref:2601744)   #36
Robert Ryan
Veteran

Robert Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR go ahead and lock it
Old 18 Dec 2009, 06:41 (Ref:2601746)   #37
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I actually find it quite funny that GTR has reversed his previous trend of bagging non-permanent track events for Homebush - has me asking why?
Perhaps it is more the boredom with the slanderathon that just goes around in circles and offers zero constructive opinion...
Old 18 Dec 2009, 10:02 (Ref:2601808)   #38
NewsStalker
Veteran

No more so in this thread than others...but sure - go ahead and lock it before too many more people get upset. After all - we can't have people disagreeing with others - 'specially the mods
Old 18 Dec 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2601857)   #39
DV_08
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
DV_08 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoned pony View Post
Then don't read the thread.
Well I was interested on reading thoughts on the tv numbers. But it seemed to turn into a repeat of another two threads.
Old 18 Dec 2009, 12:57 (Ref:2601874)   #40
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juarez Jed View Post
You've kept your ARDC membership close to your chest Woolley.......until now ! You realise you will be feeling pin pricks all over Christmas as the Eastern Creek haters torture their Woolley voodoo dolls over the holidays now. At least it takes a bit of the heat off poor old DRT !
LOL. The only Aussie event I've marshalled was a CAMS sanctioned street track!

I did once drive past Eastern Creek, but then we passed the Olympic park on the same journey so I can't even have bias relating to proximity.

Quote:
No more so in this thread than others...but sure - go ahead and lock it before too many more people get upset. After all - we can't have people disagreeing with others - 'specially the mods
Not the point, though, this is a discussion of tv viewing, not a continuation of the street/road/creek/homebush threads for which there's existing threads. When I get time later I'll do a split and merge marathon so all the right bits are in the right places, but you could all do me a favour and just stick to the subject.

Last edited by Woolley; 18 Dec 2009 at 13:03.
Old 20 Dec 2009, 02:15 (Ref:2602568)   #41
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This discussion is about TV ratings, not how many people went to Homebush.
I think it is probably self eveident that this was a very well promoted and marketed Event with a balance of events to attracr people to Homebush over the 3 days. Great job.
The discussion here is about TV ratings, in particular
1: Did the ratings in compare well to other sports events on TV at the same time.
It was in against tough competition with the Test cricket coming alive unexpectedly and the golf coming from a great course with the top Australians engaged. With the cross promotion effort put in by 7, news Ltd and the NSW govt. I would have thought that better figures should be expected.
2: Did the ratings compare favourably with other V8SC events.
From the figures published ypu would have to say No.
3: Why did rating drop off on Sunday.
Ratings for the cricket and golf both increased on Sunday but there was a distinct fall off in the V8SC ratings. The question that has to be answered is was this due to the fact that the quality of the product offered didn't come up to expectation of those that watched Saturday, or was the Sunday product faulty?
4: What needs to be done to improve the TV product.
Are the V8SC production crew doing anything to improve the viewer experiaence?
In my personal opinion the acctual TV work, camera positions and angles etc were very good. The production continuity and director shot selection was mostly very good bur suffered a few snags. The huge problems were with the nature of the track, and the Sunday programming. V8SC just has to get a support program that keeps viewers in front of the box, rather than cough up seemingly endless hours of practice, quallifying and shoot outs from the same drivers and cars. They are getting overexposed. Dump that from the Televised program, dump the "other entertainment", dump the Minis, tighten up the program continuity and give some more exposure to the GTs and the Utes and they might get it to rate next year.
But the main proble is still the circuit. From a TV point of view how do they fix that?
Old 20 Dec 2009, 07:29 (Ref:2602607)   #42
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldtony View Post
V8SC just has to get a support program that keeps viewers in front of the box, rather than cough up seemingly endless hours of practice, quallifying and shoot outs from the same drivers and cars. They are getting overexposed. Dump that from the Televised program, dump the "other entertainment", dump the Minis, tighten up the program continuity and give some more exposure to the GTs and the Utes and they might get it to rate next year.
That is something the telecasts from the so-called 'bad old days' of 7's coverage had over the current stuff.

Once upon a time the telecast would consist of actual racing, you'd get support race after support race, with feature stories put in to break it up abit abit, with the main show to finish off.

These days as mentioned most telecasts are filled with too much practice & qualifying, endless 'filler' interviews telling us not much at all.... winding up with a cycle race at Homebush. Give me proper races anyday, there are enough of them over the weekend.