Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:28 (Ref:2625225)   #26
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
It's probably best to answer it honestly or you may find yourself getting 'taken to the cleaners' in a French court.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:42 (Ref:2625233)   #27
JamesRamone
Veteran

England
Just outside Leeds, West Yorkshire
JamesRamone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
These surveys ask the right questions but im sure i filled one out roughly 6 years ago and we have still lost good circuits and gained a load of rubbish

Down F0rce: "More than a few, but the strangest one was when Jos Verstappen and Enrique Bernoldi scored a one-two for Arrows and were apparantly so impressed by each other's driving, they sang "Wind Beneath My Wings" to each other in the press conference."

Brilliant
Old 2 Feb 2010, 20:47 (Ref:2625239)   #28
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yes, I got the feeling that a lot of the people who actually filled them in were in fact, actually anti-F1.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 21:01 (Ref:2625255)   #29
Dan Fielden
Veteran

Isle of Man
Isle Of Man
Dan Fielden has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Im glad i did that. THanks for the link. THe classic tracks section was great.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 22:14 (Ref:2625292)   #30
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
First prize is $1,000 to spend on LG products, second prize is $2,000.

It died after 80% odd for me. Pah!
I'll try again later...

One of my five brands was tic tac.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 22:33 (Ref:2625310)   #31
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
FOTA would very much like to know your opinions about F1.

http://www.lgf1racingfansurvey.com/home.aspx
Thanks, I would never read that if you didn't post it here.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 22:52 (Ref:2625314)   #32
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, it's stopped for me too. I don't think I gave the right answer to the KERS question...

When gauging my interest at the start there wasn't an option for 'used to be an avid follower but now I think it's dull and dominated by bad sportsmanship and politics'.
Old 2 Feb 2010, 23:39 (Ref:2625347)   #33
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolddustMini View Post
i feel dirty that the 5 brands i associated with f1 sponsorship were (in no order) Marlboro, JPS, gold leaf, camel and benson and hedges.
Well, I included Santander and Red Bull among the brands, and didn't forget Argentina as current USF1 sponsor.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:24 (Ref:2625388)   #34
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with most sentiments in this thread. When filling in the survey I made sure I said I wasn't a hardcore fan and that I only watch "most of the race". A complete lie, but maybe it will help skew the results.

I liked being asked which countries should have races and which countries should not.

I was sure say I am "extremely interested" in technological side of F1 and that we should have longer races. They clearly want to skew the results themselves with the latter question, as there was no choice for keeping the current race length, one choice for longer race and *two* choices for shorter races.

I'm sure the casual idiots out there will choose to have 30 minute races to match their attention span, remove all technology and have the drivers do shopping mall openings. By their nature though, these surveys are probably more accessible to enthusiasts than others, so hopefully that will help us avoid crazy changes like those.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:47 (Ref:2625403)   #35
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Thanks, I would never read that if you didn't post it here.
No sarcasm smilie?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:49 (Ref:2625404)   #36
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
No sarcasm smilie?
I was totally honest in my comment.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:50 (Ref:2625406)   #37
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
I was totally honest in my comment.
Thankyou very much.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 01:51 (Ref:2625407)   #38
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Thankyou very much.
You're welcome.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 03:18 (Ref:2625438)   #39
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wish they had a question asking if you would like the wings to look in proportion or do you like them how they are?

I think they also needed a question with the sponsorship - how likely are you to buy a brand that sponsors another sport...

Quote:
When gauging my interest at the start there wasn't an option for 'used to be an avid follower but now I think it's dull and dominated by bad sportsmanship and politics'.
I wanted this one as well
Old 3 Feb 2010, 04:45 (Ref:2625462)   #40
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan View Post
there was no choice for keeping the current race length
Of course there isn't. The question would be "if the race length was left unmodified, would you tend to watch more or less races than with the previous, identical length?", which doesn't make sense.

Quote:
[there was] one choice for longer race and *two* choices for shorter races.
Nobody in their right mind would increase race length to over 3 hours, so asking that question was... well... out of the question. One and two options are fine to me. However, I do find it strange that they didn't ask about sprint+feature race formats.

I also missed the "2009 cars are really ugly" option, and also "the KERS was a waste of money at that time, push it only when money floods the teams".
Old 3 Feb 2010, 05:39 (Ref:2625479)   #41
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I can understand why people have attempted using deception, and I cannot say I didn't have some temptation. The problem is that these kinds of things will likely be factored into the interpretations, and, from a more basic point of view, I cannot see anyone other than those like us with a heavy interest starting to fill it out (let alone finish it!).

I just went for honesty in the end.

It was certainly vastly superior to that ING pap we were given the other year, but still clearly self-serving.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 08:53 (Ref:2625539)   #42
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
One of my five brands was tic tac.
Lewis too, after he got a 'little lift' at the Nurburgring.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 10:28 (Ref:2625575)   #43
Another Bob
Racer

Australia
The Land Of More Then One Crow
Another Bob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the last few pages where LG were asking if anybody noticed their advertising, and honestly I don't, I answered honestly about it but felt pretty bad that I don't spot their ads.

Good to have a chance to put our two bobs worth in.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 13:07 (Ref:2625667)   #44
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

What's LG anyway ???
Old 3 Feb 2010, 15:54 (Ref:2625756)   #45
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I said I only saw LG branding during the adverts. Then I remembered F1 is broadcast on the BBC! And then when I moved to the next question I realised the LG logo was on the website at the top of the page!

I went for honesty, too. Why should big fans of the sport pretend they're anything less? You don't go to a football game in a shirt and tie and say "I'm yet to be convinced" - you turn up in a Newcastle shirt (if you've got any sense!).

The race length question was odd. I'd most like to see the current length retained. I know that option wouldn't fit the question as it was presented to us but an amendment there could have enabled its inclusion. I put I would watch less for shorter races and more for the longer ones, because, well, you just would, wouldn't you? You can't watch more of the race if there's less of it - or am I just being flippant now?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 17:58 (Ref:2625834)   #46
ASDS
Rookie

ASDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The problem with all these surveys is that they are formulated in such a way that you have little opportunity to actually say what you really think.

On the New Points situation there should have been an option where you could input an alternative as the options they gave you were very Yes or No.
Old 3 Feb 2010, 18:50 (Ref:2625864)   #47
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I put Deutsche Vermögensberatung Aktiengesellschaft as one of my sponsors!

BTW - Should Kimi have been listed as a potential answer for the question:

Which F1 drivers do you follow?

And where was JV on that list as long as they are including undesirables?
Old 3 Feb 2010, 22:44 (Ref:2625987)   #48
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
And where was JV on that list as long as they are including undesirables?
Wait for the next survey.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 00:42 (Ref:2626043)   #49
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
What's LG anyway ???
Lucky Goldstar

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 02:45 (Ref:2626096)   #50
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Lucky Goldstar
Just as I thought.