Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 21 Jun 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2715554)   #1
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Toaster Motorsport Village

This is more or less a collection of short circuits that build up in to one long one. I'm going to be a horrible little tease and post the Rallycross track first .

1034m of speed and tight corners, 453m of which tarmac, the rest gravel/crushed brick. Capable of being run in either direction (but anticlockwise preferred), this circuit also has the option of an extra chicane should extra time multiball, sorry, joker routes be desired.

Here we get it from a more normal camera view.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rallycross Helicopter.png
Views:	25
Size:	666.9 KB
ID:	27122

And here's a mock satellite image.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Rallycross satellite.png
Views:	20
Size:	422.8 KB
ID:	27123
Old 21 Jun 2010, 20:14 (Ref:2715977)   #2
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Reluctant bump. What part would you guys like to see next - the kart track or one of the car circuits?
Old 21 Jun 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2716030)   #3
Roy4
Rookie

Australia
Roy4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd rather see one of the car circuits than the kart track first.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 09:34 (Ref:2716220)   #4
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
So here's the North Circuit, one of the three car tracks that makes up the Long Course at Toaster Motorsport Village.

The circuit is 2341m long and 15m wide throughout, and starts off towards the 11th corner of the Long Cours, Di Angelis, a medium speed left hander, in to the next curve at Senna. Instead of turning off on a right hand hairpin, the circuit goes around 90 degrees left again, on to the back straight in to the long and tightening left hander at Rindt. With the classic museum your left, then follows a double right hander at Fittipaldi and Peterson. The left hairpin at Peterson feeds the cars back on to the 360m main straight.

The circuit features no straights longer than 400m, but four that are over 300m. The circuit is intended for testing, tuition and customer runs of classic Grand Prix machinery. It could hold low level races for touring cars, small single seaters and small GT cars.
Attached Thumbnails
North satellite.png   North Helicopter.png  
Old 22 Jun 2010, 10:33 (Ref:2716241)   #5
resir014
Rookie

Indonesia
Indonesia
resir014 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, nice one Toaster Can't wait to see the full track.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 11:38 (Ref:2716276)   #6
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There would appear to be a distinct shortage of gravel on the exit of all the visable corners, both on this short Queensland style circuit and the other corners on other parts of the circuit in the second image.
Hopefully this is a work in progress as further to the above there are some corners which don't appear to have gravel at all.
Old 22 Jun 2010, 13:22 (Ref:2716332)   #7
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Yes, it's a work in progress. I've beefed up some of the gravel traps and added some more. As a result I've moved the pit garages for the East Circuit that you can see in the top left to the other side of the pit lane. The Drag Strip appeared between posting the rallycross track and the North circuit, an oval might go in there, maybe another kart track. I've got all sorts of ideas on what could go in ...
Old 23 Jun 2010, 14:45 (Ref:2716883)   #8
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
I'm just going to post the rest of it. Now here's the full circuit, all 5183m metres of it. You're looking at the darker coloured bit, it runs anticlockwise.
Attached Thumbnails
Full satellite.png  
Old 24 Jun 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2717456)   #9
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Any comments?
Old 24 Jun 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2717522)   #10
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Would you be shocked if I suggested Clockwise for the whole circuit and each of the mini circuits including the RallyX ??
Old 24 Jun 2010, 20:49 (Ref:2717582)   #11
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
Any comments?
The bit at the bottom reminds me of Barber for some reason, not quite sure why.

I like the whole thing, lots of variations. Only thing I don't like, which is kinda a personal preference thing with the graphics, is the black line running through the middle of the road, which can get confusing with the pit-lane. I hesitate to say such a thing, as everyone here has their own style, and it would be a shame to change it....so don't listen to me!

Overall though, the track flows, and thats important. I do like it
Old 25 Jun 2010, 01:42 (Ref:2717639)   #12
xlr8r
Racer

United States
Boston, Massachusetts
xlr8r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've never seen so many pit areas at one track. Looks good, just try to smooth out the pit entry and exits a bit. Thats my one recomendation.
Old 25 Jun 2010, 16:40 (Ref:2717906)   #13
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
Quote:
Originally Posted by dyewat808 View Post
The bit at the bottom reminds me of Barber for some reason, not quite sure why.

I like the whole thing, lots of variations. Only thing I don't like, which is kinda a personal preference thing with the graphics, is the black line running through the middle of the road, which can get confusing with the pit-lane. I hesitate to say such a thing, as everyone here has their own style, and it would be a shame to change it....so don't listen to me!

Overall though, the track flows, and thats important. I do like it
I probably should have junked the black line, it's the track centreline - you need to keep it if you want to create different versions of the track.

If you're wondering, the things poking in at the bottom are the kart track and a rallysprint/super special stage.