Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Closed Thread

Old 23 Aug 2010, 13:40 (Ref:2748953)   #1526
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its all fun and games, until...

Sadly, I have to agree that this thread is now no longer about Webber v Vettel, but about individual spats between some people here, and the egos involved.

I know some of it has been a long time coming, with many Webber fans/tragics/supporters copping it for many years, and now they think its time to dish out in return.

But do it in your own time and place, don't hijack a thread to carry it out.

It would have been good if the people involved could have enjoyed a bit of mouthing off at each other and then left it at that. But instead its gone on too long, too far.

I was one of the people who was passionate about this thread from the start, giving updates, and of course opinion, and riding out its dull and nonsensical moments, to promote on topic discussion.

I would get involved with a Webber v Vettel thread Part 3, as it is still the most interesting team mate dynamic in F1.

However, I will not be returning to this thread.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 00:28 (Ref:2752081)   #1527
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Who is going to smash Vettel for his failure (once more) in Spa?

Webber has said that perhaps is time for Red Bull to choose one pilot Clearly Mark is enjoying the moment. Seb, Marko and Horner not much.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 00:58 (Ref:2752083)   #1528
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think Vettel hasn't hit Alonso and Hamilton yet? Maybe in the next couple of races! Poor Seb - is he taking "the next Schumacher" tag a bit too literally and taking up Schumi's obsession with crashing (sorry racing hard) into his opponents.

Seriously though it looks like Mark could be in a strong position soon, and Red Bull would have to favour him not Vettel.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 02:59 (Ref:2752103)   #1529
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Seb might have bright future in the BTCC?
Old 30 Aug 2010, 03:51 (Ref:2752114)   #1530
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schummy View Post
Who is going to smash Vettel for his failure (once more) in Spa?

Webber has said that perhaps is time for Red Bull to choose one pilot Clearly Mark is enjoying the moment. Seb, Marko and Horner not much.
Actually he said:
When asked if he felt Red Bull should now favour him over Vettel, Webber suggested that the team might have to adopt such a stance if it was serious about beating McLaren to the crown.
"McLaren have won many championships and have a good trophy cabinet, Red Bull have a good trophy cabinet but not as good," said Webber. "I think it depends on how hungry we are to try and do that.
"I think it is too early at the moment to say that [one driver should be prioritised],

Not quite the same.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 04:05 (Ref:2752117)   #1531
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well i think team orders were in play again this weekend. I mean no way Vettel could be that stupid to lose the car in the fashio he did unless he was trying a Piquet Jr-Singapore move on Marks rivals. Nice one Seb!

Poor Button, he was in the hunt...but hasnt really looked like beating Hamilton....Mark had a shcoker at Monza and Singapore last year. Lets hope things go smoother for him this year. I know I will be at Monza backing Webber!
Old 30 Aug 2010, 05:00 (Ref:2752126)   #1532
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Frankly Sebastien should be given one more race to sort himself out and if he doesn't then Webber should be made number 1. Red Bull will lose this championship if the two continue to take points from each other.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 05:03 (Ref:2752127)   #1533
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Mark seems to say two contradictory things, in a sense he points to driver choice, but then he says it's too early.

But after that he adds: "It's still too early at the moment but not too far away." Having an advantage of 28 points (at very least two races to overcome) I think it shows what is his thought about it. I think he tried to throw a message but wanted to be polite.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 05:06 (Ref:2752129)   #1534
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So what does putting all the resources behind one driver actually mean?

That Mr Vettel's RB6 becomes a candidate for the crash and bash award to the end of the year, except now he will deftly aim them at championship contenders?

The only way RBR will win the constructors championship is if both RB6's go like the wind, with #6 in front of #5 more often than not to help Potsie win his first WDC!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Aug 2010, 06:57 (Ref:2752147)   #1535
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
While I agree that RBR need to back Mark now fully, if they want to win the WDC, I don't consider Seb's mistake any worse than Mark's in Melbourne this year. Both had fellow championship contenders as the victims, both were stupid mistakes.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 10:13 (Ref:2752208)   #1536
OZ_HCR32
Veteran

OZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOZ_HCR32 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Basically, all it means if RBR get a front row start after good quali efforts then into the first round of pit stops Seb needs to have slow in and out laps and any RB 1-2 finishes need to have Mark on the top step.

Agree that RBR really need Vettel on the podium takign points away from the other drivers...But i think Mark would personally rather beat Seb on merit week after week like he has been able to several times this year.
Old 30 Aug 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2752241)   #1537
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He'll get the new front wings from now on
Old 27 Sep 2010, 13:12 (Ref:2765489)   #1538
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

By photographic evidence, the rivalry is becoming more uglier.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 17:13 (Ref:2765608)   #1539
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Vettel has owned Webber in Singapore. Literally.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 17:34 (Ref:2765620)   #1540
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, not Mark's best weekend of the year. He was not in the same league as Vettel from FP2 on.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 18:18 (Ref:2765642)   #1541
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post

By photographic evidence, the rivalry is becoming more uglier.
Most people, let alone Webber, want to punch Vettel when he does that finger thing.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 21:11 (Ref:2765750)   #1542
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
The stupid thing is that that's not acting in the best interests of the shareholders. They should be trying to win the constructors', not the drivers'. More money in the former. RB are in a better position than Ferrari because they are giving more to their less favoured driver.
Old 27 Sep 2010, 22:16 (Ref:2765797)   #1543
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Alonso & Ferrari should win the drivers title & Red Bull the constructors.... Wonder if Ferrari would let Massa take points from Alonso - err no, we saw that in Germany!

Question is - will those 3 points Vettel scored extra in Singapore cost Webber the drivers title?
Old 28 Sep 2010, 00:35 (Ref:2765825)   #1544
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They should be trying to win the constructors', not the drivers'.
The only people that care about the constructors title are the ones that don't win the drivers title.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 01:04 (Ref:2765827)   #1545
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgmonaro View Post
The only people that care about the constructors title are the ones that don't win the drivers title.
Not quite true, the earnings are divided up according to the constructors points.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 02:37 (Ref:2765839)   #1546
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Pretty open shut this one. Seb blew Mark away this round. Glad RB are staying firm on the team orders so far, will make victory that little bit sweeter if it comes.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 05:40 (Ref:2765856)   #1547
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

The only way RBR will win the constructors championship is if both RB6's go like the wind, with #6 in front of #5 more often than not to help Potsie win his first WDC!
Why should Seb help Mark? Surely they should both be helping themselves, especially as Seb has beaten Mark convincingly the last 2 races.
Old 28 Sep 2010, 13:33 (Ref:2766054)   #1548
SSbaby
Veteran

Australia
SSbaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Seb is the quicker driver but I think he is a little too far behind the race for the title. Therefore, I hope Webber wins the ch/ship but I would want Mark to do it without sacrificing Seb's superior speed, where applicable.

In other words, please no team orders, RBR (...until the last round).
Old 28 Sep 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2766146)   #1549
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign14 View Post
The stupid thing is that that's not acting in the best interests of the shareholders. They should be trying to win the constructors', not the drivers'. More money in the former. RB are in a better position than Ferrari because they are giving more to their less favoured driver.
The shareholders would want the WDC. The amount of publicity and potential for future sponsorship, not to mention advertisement oppurtunities for redbull far, far outweighs any potential monetary gain they would get by winning the constructors championship compared to the WDC
Old 29 Sep 2010, 00:43 (Ref:2766377)   #1550
hgmonaro
Racer

hgmonaro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Not quite true, the earnings are divided up according to the constructors points.
yes, true... but as a 'fan', I don't care about that aspect!
Closed Thread