Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 3 May 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3068922)   #226
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Funny, I rarely saw you complaining about diesel-petrol / factory-privateer difference when Pug was still around...

I suspect the gap will be 7-8 seconds at Le Mans, again. Exciting...
in my opinion is not anymore about diesel against petrol, because diesel cars don't have anymore the best fuel autonomy and power/torque has been decreased considerably, but just factory against private. Has always been like these and forever will be.
I agree with you about the gap of le mans, i think that audi cars will be able to run in 3.23 or 3.22 at best, with toyota that maybe will be good enough to catch 3.25 while the other best lmp1 will be able to run under 3.30 this year but i don't think will be able to run under the 3.29, 3.28.5 at best.
Old 3 May 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3068923)   #227
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I'm surprised to see HPDs being so much slower that the Lola and even the quick-out-of-the-box Dome.
Old 3 May 2012, 17:43 (Ref:3068926)   #228
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Funny, I rarely saw you complaining about diesel-petrol / factory-privateer difference when Pug was still around...
Of course not because the battle was exciting. I don't care who gets up there and challenges Audi as long as somebody is able to... who wants to see a no-contest race?
Old 3 May 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3068929)   #229
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Status Lola unfortunately finished for the weekend in crash at Raidillon at the end of FP2, down to 41 cars...

https://twitter.com/#!/dsceuroeditor...09288747646978
Old 3 May 2012, 18:06 (Ref:3068930)   #230
morningview66
Racer

morningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmorningview66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is most probably a stupid question that i know the answer too already, but how come in F1 the 'Privateers' can run pretty much the same pace as the 'Works' teams. Say for example Sauber and Mercedes. Where as in LMP1 the differences are 'huge' e.g. Audi and Strakka.

is it:
1. A question of resources, that the privateers dont have anywhere near the factory resources, whereas in F1 privateers are better resources.

2. The regulations are much more open in LMP1 allowing the bigger gaps while the tight F1 regs mean the cars are closer.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3068933)   #231
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
Both. Plus the fact that F1 doesn't have cars running an alternative engine technology that have been enjoying preferential treatment for more than half a decade.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3068934)   #232
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Gutted for Status. Not seen or heard about the extent of the damage but hopefully this isn't going to scupper their Le Mans plans too much.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:17 (Ref:3068936)   #233
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Gutted for Status. Not seen or heard about the extent of the damage but hopefully this isn't going to scupper their Le Mans plans too much.
They'll go short on race miles to Le Mans, but I wouldn't be too worried about the car being fixed in time. Just remember the KSM Lola in 2008 at Le Mans, from a smoking wreck and a broken tub back to a usable racing chassis within about 48 hours thanks to the Lola engineers.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:21 (Ref:3068939)   #234
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
They'll go short on race miles to Le Mans, but I wouldn't be too worried about the car being fixed in time. Just remember the KSM Lola in 2008 at Le Mans, from a smoking wreck and a broken tub back to a usable racing chassis within about 48 hours thanks to the Lola engineers.
Yeah I was watching a re-run of that race the other day. Lola will go above and beyond for their customers.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:25 (Ref:3068941)   #235
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Quote:
Yeah I was watching a re-run of that race the other day. Lola will go above and beyond for their customers.
And in 2010 they had to fix both Rebellion cars due to suspension issues in practice as well. Unless the tub is powder and dust, they can fix it with plenty of time to spare for LM.
Old 3 May 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3068952)   #236
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
And in 2010 they had to fix both Rebellion cars due to suspension issues in practice as well. Unless the tub is powder and dust, they can fix it with plenty of time to spare for LM.
The main issue for Status is using most/all their spares before LM, to race in a non-championship round this weekend as far as I am aware.

Tom.
Old 3 May 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3068959)   #237
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yeah , shame . Should be ok as they are Lola's development team .
Old 3 May 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3068994)   #238
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too bad about Status, the really impressed at Paul Ricard and was interested in seeing how they fared against the WEC teams. Onto LM then for them.

Also too bad it seems the privateers are so far behind. I didn't expect them to be on the pace but I was hoping the HPDs and the Dome would be reasonably close. I like Audi and have grown to respect them immensely over the years but they're going to make a lot of races very boring this year. Especially as Toyota themselves don't expect to have great reliability.
Old 3 May 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3069012)   #239
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Right now according to the Weather Channel, Spa is partly cloudy and 50 degrees F. However, tomorrow afternoon/evening rain is supposed to move in, and on Saturday, it's supposed to rain and the temp won't even break 50 degrees. Sounds like fun...
Old 3 May 2012, 23:29 (Ref:3069047)   #240
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
A short video highlighting the (Michelin equipped) LMP1 cars: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRJ7K8XBc_4
Old 4 May 2012, 00:41 (Ref:3069052)   #241
KlBD
Racer

KlBD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
I'm surprised to see HPDs being so much slower that the Lola and even the quick-out-of-the-box Dome.
Seems to be teething troubles for the JRM car, no? I wonder what they've been up to while Strakka was out testing recently, but given their drivers I wouldn't be so surprised if scheduling issues were afoot.
Old 4 May 2012, 03:16 (Ref:3069071)   #242
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.fiawec.com/races/6-hours-...v-program.html

Quote:
INTERNET & Worldwide
Worldwide | fiawec.com / lemans.org | Live
Not a surprise, and the real question is if it's going to be actually watchable. Technically and quality-wise.
Old 4 May 2012, 03:44 (Ref:3069074)   #243
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
+ http://www.audi.tv / http://www.audi-liveracing.com
Old 4 May 2012, 05:05 (Ref:3069090)   #244
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
As far as I can remember in Sebring Audi.tv had exactly the same unwatchable and ear-damaging WEC stream embedded into their page.
Old 4 May 2012, 05:28 (Ref:3069099)   #245
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So Motors TV it is then...
Old 4 May 2012, 06:21 (Ref:3069108)   #246
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
will be streaming the qualifying on fiawec.com ?
Old 4 May 2012, 08:04 (Ref:3069141)   #247
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Live timing is not working for me. Is this the case for everyone else?
Old 4 May 2012, 08:05 (Ref:3069142)   #248
Spyderman
Veteran

Mozambique
Mozambique
Spyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSpyderman should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
OK - up and running now!
Old 4 May 2012, 08:07 (Ref:3069143)   #249
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Shame to see Frederic Fatien ruled out of the race and LM after fracturing his ankle during pit stop practice last night.

Down to just Ihara and Deletraz this weekend but will be interesting to see who they bring in. I'm assuming that seat is bought and paid for so they could get someone quick in there now. Tom Kimber-Smith is known to be looking around for rides.
Old 4 May 2012, 08:11 (Ref:3069144)   #250
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Audi into 2:02s now. Impressive.

Pole last year was 2:01.502 (Audi) and fastest race lap was 2:03.699 (Peugeot).