Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 20 Apr 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3237071)   #76
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
PLM 2009 was the wettest day of my entire life. I have never been so happy to get into dry clothes after the 120 mile drive home
Old 21 Apr 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3237399)   #77
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
I have noted that no one has mentioned the Monsoon that was the "rain" shortened (should never had started...) 1983 IMSA Miami GP. That's understandable as my two friends and I that "attended" (is that what you call catching pneumonia while attempting to spectate an auto race in torrential downpour?) could only count approx. 47 other "attendees". I guess none of them visit these boards.

This video does not do justice to how inclement was the weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-1dw4scD8

jimclark
Old 22 Apr 2013, 11:34 (Ref:3237839)   #78
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
I have noted that no one has mentioned the Monsoon that was the "rain" shortened (should never had started...) 1983 IMSA Miami GP. That's understandable as my two friends and I that "attended" (is that what you call catching pneumonia while attempting to spectate an auto race in torrential downpour?) could only count approx. 47 other "attendees". I guess none of them visit these boards.

This video does not do justice to how inclement was the weather.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB-1dw4scD8
There does appear to be quite a bit of standing water on the track there. Looks aweful for the fans sitting in the stands as well. It's Monsoon Season Again!
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:44 (Ref:3237898)   #79
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
wheelz22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catingaround View Post
That was a wet day at LRP. I remember a Trans-Am race there when it rained all day, probably one of Paul Newman's last, showing the kids how to get it done in the wet. A little rain on race weekend is ok, red flags not so much.
Yeah.....that was 2003.....Johnny Miller won that day in the Rocketsports Jag after Pruett went off in the other RSR Jag. I had the pleasure of sitting at a table and chatting with Mr. Newman that morning at the driver's meeting....I miss that man. He was in the 78 (his age) Chevy that day and worked his way through for a very nice result.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 13:53 (Ref:3237906)   #80
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
It didn't rain all day....in fact it was terribly hot and humid.....but the hardest rain I ever saw was at the end of the 2011 Mid-O round when it had to be red- flagged at the end after people were wrecking behind the safety car...(I have good photo of it....but I don't know how to post it....anyone ?)
Old 22 Apr 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3237984)   #81
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz22 View Post
It didn't rain all day....in fact it was terribly hot and humid.....but the hardest rain I ever saw was at the end of the 2011 Mid-O round when it had to be red- flagged at the end after people were wrecking behind the safety car...(I have good photo of it....but I don't know how to post it....anyone ?)
You can post a picture by using the attach button (paper clip shape) to the right of the font info when composing a message.

And yes that mid-ohio race was awesome at the end watching the Falken car pick up place after place.
Old 22 Apr 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3238002)   #82
wheelz22
Racer

United States
NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
You can post a picture by using the attach button (paper clip shape) to the right of the font info when composing a message.
Thanks Joeb....yeah, I'm very familiar with attaching photos via the so-called paper clip button....however there in no such button presented to me anywhere on the screen. Perhaps one must have a zillion posts before the forum allows one to post photos. I'm using IE 8 on this computer.