Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 9 Apr 2013, 14:45 (Ref:3231530)   #26
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One part of the issue with circuit noise is that it is not unknown for some local residents to make complaints about noise from a circuit on days when no activity is taking place. Such dishonest complaints are malicious & cause the circuits additional expense having to defend them selves against these false complaints.
Sadly, however much a circuit does, there are some people who won't be happy until all circuits are closed, but they will then be complaining about their local businesses closing due to lack of trade from circuit visitors.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 14:56 (Ref:3231535)   #27
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vjay48 View Post
I dont think the topic is populated by the ill informed,most of the people i think have realised where the operating problems lie. Would the circuit be missed if it closed down,after all it closed before. All the four BARC operated circuits have problems of one sort or another. Nothing lasts forever!
I'm sorry if my remark was misinterpreted - I wasn't wishing to imply that contributions on here were ill informed - just some of the comments elsewhere on the internet.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 15:41 (Ref:3231552)   #28
vjay48
Racer

vjay48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really dont think the old chestnut tales of residents complaining about pedal bike raceing etc.really apply,the fact is the circuit has upset the residents,a lot of whom used to support it. Do you not feel moto cross,tank driving, drifting etc.has caused hassle. If the operators cannot make profit they will have to take steps to re dress the problems.The renting clubs will decide what is reasonable,no shortage of venues.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3231622)   #29
EastonNeston
Veteran

@vjay, with the very greatest of respect, you ate wrong.
I know of at least four, yes four (4) circuits that have to deal with malicious "false complaints" on a regular basis.
This does not excuse the management of Mallory Park from any breaches of operating conditions, it was just to illustrate that sometimes, many would say frequently, the complaints made against circuits are not based on genuine facts.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 19:31 (Ref:3231656)   #30
vjay48
Racer

vjay48 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really dont think malicous complaints are the problem,there are enough real ones to deal with. The operators need to be waving olive branches,not accusing residents of malicous actions.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 19:51 (Ref:3231667)   #31
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I'm usually very anti-NIMBY, always moaning about these people who move into an area where there is a race circuit (and has been for many years) then moan about the noise.
I grew up in a village about 8 miles away and as a young boy used to enjoy hearing the sound of the racing (if the wind was blowing in the right direction).
Once I was big enough I sometimes cycled to Mallory meetings before discovering it was easier to cajole my dad or sisters boyfriends to take me in their car.
Years later when my sister married she lived in Kirkby Mallory so I could then enjoy free access thanks to being able to use her residents pass. (She moved many years ago so I have no personal 'vested interest here).
From what I have read on here The Circuit management appear to have shown total disregard to the residents feelings and have blatantly flouted the restrictions put into place by the local District Council who appear to have bent over backwards to help the circuit to keep operating.
There is often talk about the irresponsible attitude of people visiting race circuits (loud cars driving too quickly through local lanes and villages) but in my view, the most irresponsible people here appear to be the circuit management.
I will personally be extremely sad if 'Laramie Park' is forced to close as a result of this latest round of problems, but if it is, the blame must rest firmly on the shoulders of the muppets in the circuit management who have allowed & encouraged this to go on for so long.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 20:05 (Ref:3231675)   #32
EastonNeston
Veteran

Sadly, I think from what I have heard VivaGt is basically right, however as much as Vijay dislikes it, the fact is that circuits do have to deal with malicious complaints, even when working within strictly defines license terms.
There may not be malicious false complaints in the current situation with Mallory Park, but the fact remains that such complaints are made and in some cases the protesters have a single aim, the total closure of the circuit.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 21:39 (Ref:3231733)   #33
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonNeston View Post
Sadly, I think from what I have heard VivaGt is basically right, however as much as Vijay dislikes it, the fact is that circuits do have to deal with malicious complaints, even when working within strictly defines license terms.
There may not be malicious false complaints in the current situation with Mallory Park, but the fact remains that such complaints are made and in some cases the protesters have a single aim, the total closure of the circuit.
and this thread is all about Mallory; you could perhaps start a fresh thread...
Old 22 May 2013, 14:41 (Ref:3251698)   #34
Hunter1300
Racer

Hunter1300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any more news????