Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 31 Oct 2013, 08:06 (Ref:3325410)   #1
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Drink Best of 2013

Alright people, racing season is over (right?). Show us your 5 best shots of 2013!

TS won't kick off.
Old 2 Dec 2013, 16:07 (Ref:3339326)   #2
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not sure if they are my best, but my 5 fave shots from 2013:

Bruno Spengler, BMW M3 DTM, DTM Round 2, Brands Hatch. First time I've had a DSLR when watching the DTM, so pleased to get a shot I really like.

Timmy Hansen getting some air, RallycrossRX Round 7, Lohéac, France.

Another rallycross shot, this time its Loeb (the Loeb!) cutting the chicane, RallycrossRX Round 7, Lohéac, France.

David Wright, Forest Rally Stage, Goodwood Festival of Speed. Nothing amazing, I just like the colours!

Finally, what is unquestionably my fave moment of 2013 (predictably from Lohéac again!). During heat 2, in a bid to make up lost time, Petter Solberg came into the final corner way faster than anyone else and rather crossed up; I thought I was about to witness a crash, but instead he kept his foot in and powered round the corner.

Not the sharpest picture, but everytime I look at it, it reminds me of that moment.
Old 4 Dec 2013, 15:05 (Ref:3340155)   #3
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I know what you mean about 'favourite' as opposed to 'the best' I have many pictures that are on the face of it 'ordinary' but somehow I just like them.
I'll sort some out.
Old 14 Dec 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3343969)   #4
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isn't best the same as favorite when it comes to photography anyway?

Nice photos Steve! What is that #Fueltopia?
Old 14 Dec 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3344101)   #5
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
Isn't best the same as favorite when it comes to photography anyway?
Not sure on that; I have a couple of rubbish pictures I really like purely as they remind me of certain moments at events!

Quote:
Nice photos Steve! What is that #Fueltopia?
Fueltopia is a blog site for any kind of car content (http://www.fueltopia.co.uk - hope its OK to post the link mods? Please inform me if its not!). They have their own photography team, but anyone can post a blog on the site.

I lucked out as I happened to mention to one of their regular photographers I was heading to France, he asked if I would be interested in shooting for the website. I love rallycross, so I jumped at the chance to get trackside!

Can't believe I'm the only one with some fave shots this year: come on the rest of you!
Old 14 Dec 2013, 22:03 (Ref:3344121)   #6
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Cool! I asked because I'm following someone on flickr who uses that same watermark as well, and see it pop up every once and awhile from other photographers as well.

Alright, hold on, if I find some time tomorrow I'll post my 5 favorites/best of 2013
Old 18 Dec 2013, 22:02 (Ref:3345674)   #7
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Alright, here we go, five of my favorite shots of 2013 (I have many more great shots, but hey, gotta choose, right? ).

Old 19 Dec 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3345857)   #8
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Alright, here we go, five of my favorite shots of 2013
About time: its nearly 2014!

Great shots. First one is definately my fave!
Old 20 Dec 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3346244)   #9
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Chillex yo! Thanks! I have a print of that one hanging on the wall, love it.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3348055)   #10
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mine, not all the best because my laptop screen is broken and the British GT/EuroNascar pics are there.

Matt Neal por oalfonso, en Flickr

James Birch por oalfonso, en Flickr

Jamie Green por oalfonso, en Flickr

Signatech Alpine por oalfonso, en Flickr

Porsche AG 911 GT3 RSR por oalfonso, en Flickr
Old 26 Dec 2013, 20:50 (Ref:3348056)   #11
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Not sure if they are my best, but my 5 fave shots from 2013:

David Wright, Forest Rally Stage, Goodwood Festival of Speed. Nothing amazing, I just like the colours!
I love this pic, the light is very natural.
Old 27 Dec 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3348143)   #12
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Nice stuff man!

Can't you just plug a VGA cable in your laptop to an external screen?
Old 27 Dec 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3348199)   #13
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Nice stuff man!

Can't you just plug a VGA cable in your laptop to an external screen?
Thanks

I would need to get first an external screen. Fortunately I have all the raw files in my dropbox. The repair is costly (500 pounds), Apple, and will be after changing my car´s tires (safety first!).
Old 27 Dec 2013, 23:41 (Ref:3348215)   #14
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Ah right, apple, that's where things go wrong Glad you still have a back-up, I think I'd die if all my photos are gone.