Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 Apr 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3387529)   #751
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
10 weeks and I'll be at Le Mans - probably trying to coax a portable BBQ into life.

I'm guessing quite a few of you will be too
Seconded. I hope I won't be waiting for long for the campsites to open on the Sunday...
Old 1 Apr 2014, 19:50 (Ref:3387538)   #752
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
10 weeks and I'll be at Le Mans - probably trying to coax a portable BBQ into life.

I'm guessing quite a few of you will be too
Yes. (and No! )
Old 1 Apr 2014, 20:31 (Ref:3387557)   #753
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Seconded. I hope I won't be waiting for long for the campsites to open on the Sunday...
They open 9-10-ish on sunday morning. So when you arrive in the afternoon at the trainstation, watch scrutineering, and head to the campsite, they'll be open for sure!
Old 1 Apr 2014, 20:58 (Ref:3387564)   #754
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep 10 weeks today we will be there
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:01 (Ref:3387566)   #755
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes. (and No! )
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:04 (Ref:3387569)   #756
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Or only 70 days, boy that seems close
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:19 (Ref:3387580)   #757
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Or only 70 days, boy that seems close
Hadn't thought about it that way, but you are absolutely right, bang on 70 days and I suspect the fire I'll be looking at will be a touch more rustic than the overspecced wood burner in the sitting room.
Old 1 Apr 2014, 21:46 (Ref:3387596)   #758
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll be in France for my first evening in 67.......
Old 2 Apr 2014, 07:53 (Ref:3387723)   #759
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I would say it is creeping up but it seems to be speeding up instead
Old 2 Apr 2014, 09:26 (Ref:3387769)   #760
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
70 days.......... time to check up on the tent, stove, bbq
and testpack the car.
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:22 (Ref:3387948)   #761
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yep, time to check my pyjamas, slippers and shower gel........
Old 2 Apr 2014, 18:29 (Ref:3387952)   #762
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i do hope you do not turn up for the meeting in your PJ's, and anyway it is going to be warm this year so you will not need PJ's
Old 2 Apr 2014, 21:07 (Ref:3388033)   #763
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No, I was thinking of what I'll need in my accommodation for the 8 days/nights, as stoves and BBQs won't feature highly on my list........
Old 3 Apr 2014, 06:19 (Ref:3388151)   #764
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yep, time to check my pyjamas, slippers and shower gel........
Not for the first time, I'm in agreement with you, Ayse. Perhaps not in the fine detail, but certainly in sentiment.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 06:31 (Ref:3388153)   #765
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well if you two are expecting it to be cold enough for PJ's and slippers then i hope you are mistaken, i am expecting it to be warm
Old 3 Apr 2014, 06:55 (Ref:3388161)   #766
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
But not too warm .
22-25 degress. (Celcius)
Old 3 Apr 2014, 07:48 (Ref:3388180)   #767
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
25 during the day and a minimum of 20 at night would be perfect
Old 3 Apr 2014, 08:56 (Ref:3388199)   #768
Le Vieux
Veteran

Quote:
Well if you two are expecting it to be cold enough for PJ's and slippers then i hope you are mistaken, i am expecting it to be warm

Not so much a question of temperature as surroundings. I've yet to see anyone wearing PJs and slippers camping at LM.

I suspect Andrew and I are thinking more of "home" comforts........

BTW, your thoughts on temperatures match mine nicely, although 25 is a touch on the warm side unless I'm in the shade.
Old 3 Apr 2014, 09:12 (Ref:3388204)   #769
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Helen is usually wearing her PJ's and slippers when she decides it is time to collect me from where ever i am drinking and give the rest of the camp a chance to enjoy themselves
Old 3 Apr 2014, 12:39 (Ref:3388262)   #770
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I notice you didn't say '....from wherever I am watching the race.......'
Old 3 Apr 2014, 12:47 (Ref:3388270)   #771
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I notice you didn't say '....from wherever I am watching the race.......'
The race is 24 hours long i am down there for 6 days
Old 3 Apr 2014, 18:39 (Ref:3388378)   #772
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't worry all, the weather will be fine. Fine enough to be wearing PJ's during daytime, as long as they are in racing colors it's fine with me. Imagine our meet in PJ's
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:32 (Ref:3388405)   #773
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i would rather not if you don't mind
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:54 (Ref:3388418)   #774
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
i would rather not if you don't mind
Only a hat is fine to
Old 3 Apr 2014, 19:59 (Ref:3388421)   #775
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Only a hat is fine to
i alway take my hat off when i go to bed (well crawl into my tent)