Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Apr 2014, 19:58 (Ref:3392532)   #826
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'd have still watched the cars, even if I 'd known........

Actually, I would as well during the race. Might spare half an hour of Thursday evening for music though.

Sean
Old 14 Apr 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3392538)   #827
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
We get the pleasure of hearing the bands from our camp site on wednesday and thursday. and seeing them as we walk out towards the dunlop bridge.
Old 14 Apr 2014, 21:34 (Ref:3392557)   #828
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I want to see and listen to a band, I'll buy a concertticket and I wouldn' t be happy with the noise of cars in the background.
Luckily for me I can avoid the concertarea and won't hear the music, unless all the cars becomes electrical.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 06:06 (Ref:3392630)   #829
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
[QUOTE=whitemr2;3392557]If I want to see and listen to a band, I'll buy a concertticket and I wouldn' t be happy with the noise of cars in the background.
Luckily for me I can avoid the concertarea and won't hear the music, unless all the cars becomes electrical.[/QUOTE
In the last few years the amount of safety car periods has ment that there were long quiet periods during the race and last year you had no problem hearing the bands, a 24 hour race needs a few side shows so i think that the concert/funfair etc are a good idea, i just wish they would book things i like
Old 15 Apr 2014, 07:45 (Ref:3392660)   #830
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
If we consider petrolhead rock stars... they should book AC/DC for a Le Mans concert if they ever go back on tour, we know their frontman loves his cars, and, crucially, loves racing.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:02 (Ref:3392666)   #831
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
If we consider petrolhead rock stars... they should book AC/DC for a Le Mans concert if they ever go back on tour, we know their frontman loves his cars, and, crucially, loves racing.
Unfortunately the concerts always seem to be while the cars are either racing or practice/qualy so a true petrol head might not be keen on performing, perhaps we could have them perform on the friday
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3392669)   #832
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
In the last few years the amount of safety car periods has ment that there were long quiet periods during the race and last year you had no problem hearing the bands, a 24 hour race needs a few side shows so i think that the concert/funfair etc are a good idea, i just wish they would book things i like

I tend to agree Simon. The shame is the way that the funfair has all but disappeared.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:07 (Ref:3392670)   #833
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
While I wouldn't cross the road to see a lot of those groups, it will be interesting to see what happens with the football during the race. Like it or not I think a lot of people will wonder off in search of England/Italy around midnight.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:09 (Ref:3392674)   #834
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, we've been there before. I can remember remaining on the tribunes while all of the Tourists trooped off into the Village to watch England on a big screen - some years ago now. Yep, I'd watch too, but not while the race is on.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:14 (Ref:3392680)   #835
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I tend to agree Simon. The shame is the way that the funfair has all but disappeared.
I remember how amazed i was that the health and safety people in france allowed some of the things that in the uk had disappear many many years before but i think they have eventually made it to france, what is left now is very sanitised compared to 25-30 years ago
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:19 (Ref:3392682)   #836
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Pinched this link from over in the marshal's forum Silverstone WEC thread - quite interesting.........

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyf8mvhc6w...D-1080p-1P.mov
Old 15 Apr 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3392690)   #837
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
That was actually quite interesting, new ACO video will be out today as well
Old 15 Apr 2014, 09:46 (Ref:3392722)   #838
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
While I wouldn't cross the road to see a lot of those groups, it will be interesting to see what happens with the football during the race. Like it or not I think a lot of people will wonder off in search of England/Italy around midnight.

I'd cross the road to ensure that I didn't see/hear them.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 09:59 (Ref:3392725)   #839
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I hope some news comes out about that form the ACO. If I was on my own, I'd think twice about it but I'll be with plenty of people desperate to watch it so I'll be watching us lose as well.

Couldn't make it in 2010 because of exams, but pretty sure my dad watched England vs USA in the Village that year?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:06 (Ref:3392808)   #840
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
That's a good one Victor, maybe put Status quo in the program as well?
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:07 (Ref:3392810)   #841
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I remember how amazed i was that the health and safety people in france allowed some of the things that in the uk had disappear many many years before but i think they have eventually made it to france, what is left now is very sanitised compared to 25-30 years ago
Whatever happened to the stiptease show? Been there once but never again after....
Old 15 Apr 2014, 13:09 (Ref:3392811)   #842
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Long gone.........
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:19 (Ref:3392851)   #843
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I remember the snake ladies and big bertha but they are long gone, i do know that when the very large lady died in France it made the headlines as she was quite a celebrity in her day
Old 15 Apr 2014, 15:22 (Ref:3392854)   #844
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
That's a good one Victor, maybe put Status quo in the program as well?
The guys from status quo were always at Le mans in the ninties i remember talking to them on a couple of friday's at the hotel de france in the little town where the old cars used to hang out before St saturin started
Old 15 Apr 2014, 16:08 (Ref:3392865)   #845
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
Long gone indeed Andrew, thank god for that! It was't a pretty sight!
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:04 (Ref:3392885)   #846
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
The guys from status quo were always at Le mans in the ninties i remember talking to them on a couple of friday's at the hotel de france in the little town where the old cars used to hang out before St saturin started
La Chartre-sur-le-Loir.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:07 (Ref:3392887)   #847
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Yep thats the place was to lazy to look it up
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3392888)   #848
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've been there a couple of times too. Always a good spot for a beer on a sunny day when there's no on-track action.
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3392891)   #849
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The hotel has now been done up but it used to be a great place with signed pictures helmets steering wheels all over the walls, and we went there every year on the friday but now do St saturin, we went there one thursday a few years ago and it was nice to sit and chat with racing people and fans. The walk up to the joan of arc memorials is a nice bit of excercise
Old 15 Apr 2014, 17:20 (Ref:3392892)   #850
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The hotel has now been done up but it used to be a great place with signed pictures helmets steering wheels all over the walls
We went last year and it still has all of that.

Food was decent and strangely cheap considering the restaurant is rather well known.