Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 Dec 2013, 02:23 (Ref:3347890)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Professionals v's Privateers

The boys & girls at #7 used to do a lot of colour pieces like this for the Bathurst race....

GMS v's LRT

They look the same... they use Yokohama tyres... they arent the same... '

Interesting comments from Mr Reed about the handling & braking of the Winfield car compared to his own...
Old 26 Dec 2013, 02:28 (Ref:3347891)   #2
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remember that segment from back in the day!!
Old 26 Dec 2013, 02:36 (Ref:3347892)   #3
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That was a good article, I had never seen before. Interesting that there was still the couple of seconds time gap between them in both cars.
One thing is for sure, laps racing or testing the more you can do the better you must be, well for most people.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 02:54 (Ref:3347896)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Saw it for the first time a little while ago.

Very enjoyable to watch.
Old 26 Dec 2013, 05:09 (Ref:3347903)   #5
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also remember seeing that back in the day.... Does that make me old?
Old 27 Dec 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3348092)   #6
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Awesome segment!
Old 28 Dec 2013, 04:28 (Ref:3348241)   #7
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The comment that most got my attention was the reference to Gibson having 100 test days in the year. That would cost a fortune to do that nowadays.
Old 28 Dec 2013, 06:25 (Ref:3348245)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gross exaggeration.
Old 28 Dec 2013, 06:55 (Ref:3348249)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tyre testing was a huge part of the GMS development regime... they are also reported as having paid for their Yokohama tyres... up to $800k in spend in some years... enormous dollars... but this was in the pre-control tyre era...

In some ways, Mr Reid & Mr Ashby's VP benefited from Mr Skaife's intensive test program, being a privateer customer of that brand...
Old 28 Dec 2013, 09:44 (Ref:3348264)   #10
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Gross exaggeration.
Why?
Old 29 Dec 2013, 14:51 (Ref:3348592)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I really loved the privateers back in the old days, especially guys like Ashby and Reed who really did a lot for what they spent.

Also am I the only one who would kill to get Mark Oastler back in the commentary team?
Old 29 Dec 2013, 20:53 (Ref:3348682)   #12
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
I really loved the privateers back in the old days, especially guys like Ashby and Reed who really did a lot for what they spent.

Also am I the only one who would kill to get Mark Oastler back in the commentary team?
I would most certainly kill should Mark "It's a drag race" Oastler ever be allowed near a commentary booth again.
Old 2 Jan 2014, 07:26 (Ref:3349591)   #13
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great segment. Would have been very interesting to see what sort of times a few of the younger privateer drivers of the time would have set in the GMS car...
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 3 Jun 2014, 12:42 (Ref:3414743)   #14
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It took them a while, but AdCafe has been at it again Here

Old 3 Jun 2014, 13:15 (Ref:3414754)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting really for Speedcafe to link to it, as it would seem to be copyrighted material, does the Youtube poster have a license for it?
Old 24 Jun 2014, 01:40 (Ref:3425687)   #16
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for posting that link it was a good eye opener, I wonder how much it pertains to the current grid, say between Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport and 888.