Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 24 May 2015, 19:35 (Ref:3540785)   #226
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to J-PM, on an amazing win, who would have thought it. What a race.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:36 (Ref:3540786)   #227
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
John Paul!

Good race; great finish!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3540787)   #228
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Great finish, excellent racing from the front four, but the plaudits obviously go to JPM. 31st (?) to first, it doesn't get any sweeter than that!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3540788)   #229
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MONTOOOOOOOOYYYYAAAAAA!!!!!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:37 (Ref:3540789)   #230
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Edge of my seat, holding my breath, feeling my heart thump in my chest. Wow, what a finish. Still shaking. Great win for Montoya!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3540791)   #231
rwintle
Veteran

Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Argh! Sportsnet cuts to their analysts right when JPM is celebrating the win. Yay Rogers.

[note to non-Canadian viewers: hope your networks didn't do this]
Old 24 May 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3540792)   #232
BudLightJaguar
Veteran

Finland
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Montoya!!! So "Juan Tim Horton Montoya" wiseguys, who's the greatest now?
Old 24 May 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3540794)   #233
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Well then Juan now that you've won your second Indy 500 how about having a go at the third leg of the Triple Crown?
Old 24 May 2015, 19:45 (Ref:3540795)   #234
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NICE!! Congrats to Montoya!
Old 24 May 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3540796)   #235
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great race today, JPM got that last pass in just in time I think, everyone's tires were fading. Hope the pit mechanic and Saavedra end up ok
Old 24 May 2015, 19:48 (Ref:3540797)   #236
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Excellent stuff. Thought Dixon had it in the bag! From being a washed up NASCAR driver to winning the biggest race a 100 years since he won it as a young pup on the up - great stuff from Montoya.

I kinda wish the F1 race was next, I could do with winding down. I'm out of breath!

Certainly as a good a racing in the last quarter of that race that you'll ever see in any era.
Old 24 May 2015, 19:55 (Ref:3540799)   #237
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The real winner on the day is Graham's racing suit. Nice bowtie!
Old 24 May 2015, 20:06 (Ref:3540804)   #238
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a race! 2 for 2 today in the finest in open wheel motorsports.
Outside turn 1 pass was money at the closing stages of the race.
2000 Montoya wins with Ganassi. 15 years later with Penske.

No blow overs, no one too seriously hurt. Thank goodness.
Old 24 May 2015, 20:13 (Ref:3540806)   #239
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And NOW onto the NASCAR 600 Mile Race at Charlotte
Old 24 May 2015, 20:56 (Ref:3540824)   #240
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AAAARGH!!!! Sky player cut out with 8 laps to go...
Old 24 May 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3540834)   #241
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First of all it is awesome that JPM won! I wonder what the NASCAR folks think of it?

Secondly, I used to be a big of a Indycar fan as anybody. But I lost interest baring watching the end of the 500. My racing passions is now just with sportscars. I hope none of you wasted the whole day watching the 500. I turned on the ESPN3 replay a few minutes ago (without looking at the results) and skipped to the last 6 laps to see everything. I think that is all you really needed to see.
Old 24 May 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3540840)   #242
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
First of all it is awesome that JPM won! I wonder what the NASCAR folks think of it?

Secondly, I used to be a big of a Indycar fan as anybody. But I lost interest baring watching the end of the 500. My racing passions is now just with sportscars. I hope none of you wasted the whole day watching the 500. I turned on the ESPN3 replay a few minutes ago (without looking at the results) and skipped to the last 6 laps to see everything. I think that is all you really needed to see.
I enjoyed the entire race but thank you for your concern. You missed a good one.
Old 24 May 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3540842)   #243
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
There was occasional stretches where not too much happened. All that's in endurance racing too. There was nothing in the 500 today that wouldn't delight a serious motorsports fan.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:00 (Ref:3540843)   #244
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
There was occasional stretches where not too much happened. All that's in endurance racing too. There was nothing in the 500 today that wouldn't delight a serious motorsports fan.
Indycar, Nascar, F1..all spec racing now.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:13 (Ref:3540846)   #245
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Quote:
That's fine and body kits seem fairly trivial to me. But your objection was to the action. If there's good action in the racing then there's stuff a motorsports fan can chew on and there was alot of suspense in that race. The action wasn't CGI generated and the drivers faced huge risks racing on the edge. These men are fine racers who raced courageously. There's no garbage yellows or the silly stuff the France people do to keep the sportscars TV friendly. The 500 on-track action today was top motorsport.

Last edited by Paradise City; 24 May 2015 at 22:38.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:32 (Ref:3540855)   #246
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No more spec than lmp2 and Dp, or gte,gtlm,gt3's bop'd mess......outside wec p1 there's really no openness in any racing now adays.

Anyways it was a good race and I enjoyed my morning waking up to the end of f1 and watching the indy 500 and all the pre race activities.

Really glad to see no blow over or flying cars thank god it went ok in that aspect of the race.
Old 24 May 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3540859)   #247
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the last 25 laps in Particular were pretty awesome . Many drivers putting it on the EDGE and getting away with things I thought were almost certainly going to cause a big wreck . Kudo's to the top 5 finishers .

Wife was mentioning on some of the TV shots that there still looked like a lot of empty seats .
Old 24 May 2015, 23:45 (Ref:3540869)   #248
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Katz View Post
AAAARGH!!!! Sky player cut out with 8 laps to go...
Same here. Annoying isn't the word.
Old 25 May 2015, 00:09 (Ref:3540880)   #249
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
That's fine and body kits seem fairly trivial to me. But your objection was to the action. If there's good action in the racing then there's stuff a motorsports fan can chew on and there was alot of suspense in that race. The action wasn't CGI generated and the drivers faced huge risks racing on the edge. These men are fine racers who raced courageously. There's no garbage yellows or the silly stuff the France people do to keep the sportscars TV friendly. The 500 on-track action today was top motorsport.
'Been down this road too many times but once again....'been thru the good stuff (60's-80's) and don't like what's happenin' to all of racin', but keep,watchin' for the occasional good ones and today was one. I was able to shut down my thoughts on the rules and watch a motor race that was in doubt throughout. Even during what I consider the best times, these were far and few.

Todays 500 was a good one.

Like Forrest (gump), that's all I have to say about that.

jimclark
Old 25 May 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3540883)   #250
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

According to your theory, that's all you have to do with any sport. Watch the last 3 minutes. The results for any are right there.

I've enjoyed Le Mans since '65, but according to you, I shouldn't waste my day watching what is determined at the very end. I've been wasting very much of my life I guess, watching with anticipation....

Hell, another edit. Why bother watching at all. Just read about the results. Better yet, why give a sheet at all????

Last edited by jimclark; 25 May 2015 at 00:21.

jimclark