Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Aug 2015, 17:06 (Ref:3564886)   #1551
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would absolutely love it.......
Old 9 Aug 2015, 20:53 (Ref:3564968)   #1552
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Speaking of the historic races a thought just popped into my head-I wonder how many years until we see the likes of the late nineties GT1 era as a support race? At a guess a lot of the cars would still be owned by the manufacturers but it's food for thought.
At Goodwood Festival, lot of "modern" cars run. I would love to see GT-One, Mercedes CLR, Bentley Speed, Corvette C5R, McLaren GT1 etc. etc. in a support race before the race.

Concerning Groupe C at LMC, i hope there will be a night session with these cars. But it's likely that, for safety reasons, these fast cars can't run during the night....

Last edited by Michel Vaillant; 9 Aug 2015 at 21:00.
Old 9 Aug 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3565011)   #1553
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Isn't the time-schedule of the Le Mans Classic as such that all classes have one stint during the night?
Old 10 Aug 2015, 16:19 (Ref:3565143)   #1554
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes in the lmc all cars do 3 races, in effect 1 race each 8 hour period so if any cars do race they will have at least one race in the dark
Old 13 Aug 2015, 21:42 (Ref:3565903)   #1555
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
In the interests of filling the gap of the long off mid season (others have denounced this far more eloquently than I could elsewhere) GT6 and I caught up over a swift couple in South London this evening, which prompted me to think that there's scope for those of us in this part of the world to keep us from yawning to meet up and rekindle interest.

Any takers for for a London get together between now and end of season?
Old 14 Aug 2015, 05:27 (Ref:3565947)   #1556
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
In the interests of filling the gap of the long off mid season (others have denounced this far more eloquently than I could elsewhere) GT6 and I caught up over a swift couple in South London this evening, which prompted me to think that there's scope for those of us in this part of the world to keep us from yawning to meet up and rekindle interest.

Any takers for for a London get together between now and end of season?
Fine with me dates permitting... good idea
Old 14 Aug 2015, 06:21 (Ref:3565950)   #1557
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Bit out of my area, but in january I'm back in London for the snooker Masters and the infamous beermile
Old 14 Aug 2015, 15:23 (Ref:3566028)   #1558
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Bit out of my area, but in january I'm back in London for the snooker Masters and the infamous beermile
Well we will arrange something for then, but in the meantime happy to travel up and meet people either in south london or the city, it was a pleasent evening chatting to ian and le mans is a long way off.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 07:47 (Ref:3566141)   #1559
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
300 days today and I'll be packing ready to go tomorrow..... 😉
Old 15 Aug 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3566148)   #1560
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
300 days today and I'll be packing ready to go tomorrow..... 😉
I hope someone will have Skype running at the TenTenths meet-up next year so that I might be able to join remotely. For me it's 168 days and about 3 hours until I hop on the first leg of the big trip to Bathurst... and some other bits of Australia.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3566197)   #1561
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well you will be suffering from le mans withdrawal syndrome, lack of cheese and wine. i am sure you will be kept informed as to what will be happening.
Old 15 Aug 2015, 20:11 (Ref:3566228)   #1562
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well you will be suffering from le mans withdrawal syndrome, lack of cheese and wine. i am sure you will be kept informed as to what will be happening.
I will scrape together for race morning some cheese, wine, foie gras and other stuff I remember from the previous meet-ups. While deciding what to bring in 2017 instead of the rocket fuel.
Old 17 Aug 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3566469)   #1563
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm open to trundling in to London. I don't come in much of late, so if a date's arranged with reasonable notice I'll book some meetings and tie it in to a whole day.
Old 27 Aug 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3569186)   #1564
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Normally I only receive mail out of France once a year, which always puts a smile on my face, but what the mailman brought me today made me pretty happy as well Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1440691270811.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	46047
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:40 (Ref:3571630)   #1565
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anyone got the Blu-Ray/DVD yet off Duke? Mine came a couple of days ago - just watching it back now. Always a nice moment, especially with full RLM comms this year.
Old 5 Sep 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3571633)   #1566
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the reminder Simmi, I knew there was a gap in my BD collection for something...

Good to have a full RLM audio track as well, it's almost certainly the most requested feature on the review.

Edit - It's also very pleasing to see that Duke aren't being undercut by Amazon this year, usually the latter are 20-30% cheaper.

Edit edit - I missed this week's RLM (and the podcast link is broken, and so is their website because I can't use their contact form), does anyone know if there was a discount code for this year?
Old 6 Sep 2015, 09:35 (Ref:3571796)   #1567
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Anyone got the Blu-Ray/DVD yet off Duke? Mine came a couple of days ago - just watching it back now. Always a nice moment, especially with full RLM comms this year.
Yep, mine arrived on Friday. I've only watched about half an hour so far. Saving it for a rainy day (that means this afternoon or tomorrow, probably! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
I missed this week's RLM (and the podcast link is broken, and so is their website because I can't use their contact form), does anyone know if there was a discount code for this year?
I haven't seen one, although people have asked on the MWM FB page.....
Old 6 Sep 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3571811)   #1568
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I haven't seen one, although people have asked on the MWM FB page.....
I tried last year's code and it worked, but predictably it only applied to last year's review. I think RLM would have announced a code in time for the release if there was one, so perhaps there isn't going to be a discount this year.

Not that it matters, my tardy copy was ordered last night. Looking forward to it as always.

Belated edit - 2000th post. Woo.

Last edited by J Jay; 6 Sep 2015 at 11:33.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3572373)   #1569
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
I might try to talk CTD in to do a quick fly in fly out of London to do a Tentenths meeting. always good fun to meet all of you.

by the way, the cheapest way for me to go to Copenhagen (car, train, bus, plane) is to fly via London. It is a silly world..........
Old 8 Sep 2015, 07:57 (Ref:3572376)   #1570
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
I might try to talk CTD in to do a quick fly in fly out of London to do a Tentenths meeting. always good fun to meet all of you.

by the way, the cheapest way for me to go to Copenhagen (car, train, bus, plane) is to fly via London. It is a silly world..........
Well let us know when and i will try and meet up
Old 8 Sep 2015, 11:47 (Ref:3572440)   #1571
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well let us know when and i will try and meet up
Echo that, always delighted to have the chance to show off London to its best effect.
Old 8 Sep 2015, 18:41 (Ref:3572524)   #1572
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post

When will you contact me Kenn, or did you just do that
Old 10 Sep 2015, 09:55 (Ref:3572895)   #1573
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
When will you contact me Kenn, or did you just do that

you have mail................
Old 14 Oct 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3582858)   #1574
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does ACO have plans for renaming G56? Seems a biy silly title if you have 58 grid spots next year and 60 the following.

Speaking of which, do we have dates for when construction of these new facilities is supposed to commence?

If not, I hope silence isn't sign of backing out of promises, like it was for 2015

Regarding the G56 title once more, I'd just suggest slot "Experimental" and be done with it

Last edited by Deleted; 14 Oct 2015 at 19:22.
Old 14 Oct 2015, 19:18 (Ref:3582863)   #1575
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Well the official name is Car Displaying New Technologies (at least that's the "class" under which the unclassified entries ran in recent years).

As for construction of garages, the press release said that two would be built each year. Adding two garages now at the end of pitlane would infringe a bit on parc ferme space, but it wouldn't be too much work, so even if they don't start building them until March there shouldn't be too many worries (the garage between the main building and the annexe was built in less than a month). Our best bet on what's going on with the garages will be when the ACO announces the automatic invites, because if the number of entries goes up to 58 they should announce it then (as the entry period for all other entrants opens around that time).

EDIT: When we were at the track for the 24 this year, I remember seeing hung on the annexe building one of those placards that describes an upcoming/ongoing construction project, so I'm thinking that the project is at least scheduled and budgeted. Don't recall reading it in detail, so I cannot remember whether there was a construction start date listed on it.