Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 14 Oct 2015, 19:32 (Ref:3582869)   #1576
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Reasonably logical observations there Victor

They should expand the reserves into 15 with the arrival of more grid spots. And yes yes I know this year only had 7 of the allocated 10 reserve spots actually being handed out , but that was statistical anomaly
Old 15 Oct 2015, 18:34 (Ref:3583114)   #1577
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
Reasonably logical observations there Victor
I deal in logic.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 19:39 (Ref:3583125)   #1578
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those Vulcan senses

By the way, who won the two auto entries for LM IMSA wise then? They got rid of the at-large system, plus obviously the previous far more sensible championship+PLM winners system, and went to Truman Akin whatever awards instead. So who won them?
Old 15 Oct 2015, 19:42 (Ref:3583128)   #1579
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
No word on that. Auto entries should be announced once the WEC wraps up.
Old 15 Oct 2015, 20:19 (Ref:3583135)   #1580
Deleted
Veteran

Why would they wait on WEC as that itself grants nothing for it's champ winners, instead they'll have to wait until January once ASLMS wraps up. Or more likely they'll just announce the LM24/ELMS/IMSA entries in Dec and leave the Asians as TBA.

In any case that leaves very little time for the Asians to decide whether they pick em up or not and pay the non returnable deposit fee, as the entry requests should get closed just week or so later right?
Old 20 Oct 2015, 19:06 (Ref:3584402)   #1581
Deleted
Veteran

ACO press release and subsequent DSC Q&A article reveal few things about the new LMP3/GT3 support race
- It will be the "opening race of the weekend"
- The two other existing support slots will stay regardless
- No French GT LMP3s, no partial season ACO LMP3s, only "full" (yet GT3s may get accepted from partial, and FFSA)
- Only 45 cars admitted for reasons despite LIKELY max 61 for the other two again (not that Group C has chances of reaching more than half of that), I guedd paddock overload concerns or whatever

So for the first time since 2010 when French Carrera Cup race was preceeding Group C, the Legends race will not perform as the first support race.

However some questions remain
- Is it actually physically 1 hour race as said or 45 mim as per usual for LM supports
- Who gets the spec series deal (I'd predict Ferrari Challenge after 2011/2013 and now longer hiatus - anyway I hope for Lamborghini Trofeo)
- Will Eurosport cover this P3/GT3 race, especially now that their warmup+legends package gets split into two again

My GUESS for Saturday morning schedule
09.00-09.45 Warm-Up
10.05-11.05 Michelin LMP3/GT3 Cup
11.25-12.10 Group C
12.30-13.15 Spec Series

Pitwalk likely reduced/removed from 1h due to time constraints

Last edited by Deleted; 20 Oct 2015 at 19:12.
Old 20 Oct 2015, 19:26 (Ref:3584410)   #1582
Deleted
Veteran

Oh and btw they should've allowed CNs in it too, as there is no reason whatsoever for anyone to run them in ASLMS unsupported and ridiculed currently. And most certainly not in the proposed sprint series addition. Not if there aren't some carrots involved like this could've been

Michelin GT3 Cup makes it sound like some random Porsche Cup series too, even Trophy would've sounded better.

Other than that I am satisfied with the addition, good for P3 and most of all extra track action
Old 2 Nov 2015, 18:50 (Ref:3587573)   #1583
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Works began at Arnage. The old oak on the corner, nearly the "stop", is now down . I fear Arnage corner becomes like Dunlop or Tertre Rouge, a lunar place without trees and shadow . Arnage was the last pastoral place of the circuit...

Old 2 Nov 2015, 22:44 (Ref:3587661)   #1584
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's sad.
The tree gave the corner character even though it was in the way of the view at the very corner.
The spectator should adapt to the circuit more than the circuit to the spectator.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3587771)   #1585
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Works in progress...

Old 3 Nov 2015, 16:00 (Ref:3587854)   #1586
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, we should bet for a large place with high mounds and much place for the spectators and a better view towards the Arnage straight.
Old 3 Nov 2015, 21:48 (Ref:3587931)   #1587
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
Well, we should bet for a large place with high mounds and much place for the spectators and a better view towards the Arnage straight.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...tions-a-venir/

In French but they explain here that they try to find how the public could get a view from the indianapolis straight because of the impressive speed If so, they'll make the works :
Les abords du Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans vont encore évoluer d’ici l’édition 2016 ?

« La partie des Virages Porsche va encore évoluer au niveau des dégagements. La zone publique ?* Arnage va connaître un lifting car un rond point va sortir de terre pour la circulation publique. Ce changement ne modifiera en aucun cas le tracé du circuit. Le public aura toujours une zone dédiée de qualité. On réfléchit ?* pouvoir avoir une vue sur la partie arrivant vers Indianapolis. C’est un endroit impressionnant car les vitesses sont élevées. Si nous pouvons mettre en place quelque chose d’intéressant pour le public, alors nous le ferons. »
Old 27 Nov 2015, 18:55 (Ref:3593723)   #1588
Deleted
Veteran

Some good laugh quotes here for Friday's sake...
http://www.racer.com/f1/item/124062-...-le-mans-clash
Old 27 Nov 2015, 19:08 (Ref:3593729)   #1589
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
I do hope they don't try to make it good. it will be to confusing to me as a Sportscar fan because I know things only get worse. I'll have one less thing to whinge about and, even worse, I shall be wrong on the Internet.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 14:16 (Ref:3594738)   #1590
Deleted
Veteran

So Eurosport's current TV contract, signed on 2013 for 2014 and onwards, is gonna reach it's conclusion next year. How assured are we of another extension for 2017 and beyond? 95%?I don't see them dropping it, it's their flagship, but even less so for anyone else profilic enough to present good enough case for the ACO (low reach Motors can keep their grainy vhs definitions)
Old 1 Dec 2015, 15:31 (Ref:3594770)   #1591
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Works began at Arnage. The old oak on the corner, nearly the "stop", is now down . I fear Arnage corner becomes like Dunlop or Tertre Rouge, a lunar place without trees and shadow . Arnage was the last pastoral place of the circuit...
I really miss the older version of TR..
Old 1 Dec 2015, 15:41 (Ref:3594774)   #1592
Deleted
Veteran

Don't worry in 10 years time you don't have to worry about the crappier accessibility and lack of camping and uglier scenery and depressive deforestation and carparky nature of new Indianapolis/Arnage, when they'll announce the new Aston Martin Saloon Lounge and Nissan Innovation Center there with strictly prohibited access from non VIPs.
Old 1 Dec 2015, 16:04 (Ref:3594781)   #1593
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
The corporate area's have come and gone over time and i am sure that will keep happening
Old 1 Dec 2015, 16:51 (Ref:3594792)   #1594
Deleted
Veteran

But once you start building huge infrastructures like the Porsche Experience Center, the likelihood of 'em remaining in the neighbourhood is bigger than those of temporary, movable corporate arragments.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 12:28 (Ref:3598346)   #1595
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
My 2015 ACO members pack turned up yesterday.
Old 17 Dec 2015, 16:10 (Ref:3598393)   #1596
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
My 2015 ACO members pack turned up yesterday.
Blimey, I usually moan about mine being late, but I think I got mine during October......
Old 21 Dec 2015, 13:50 (Ref:3599176)   #1597
Deleted
Veteran

The "Bugatti Testing Day", you know the one between actual Test Day and raceweek scrutineering and that some choose to utilize, has been confirmed for June 7.
Old 21 Dec 2015, 14:33 (Ref:3599190)   #1598
Deleted
Veteran

LM sporting regulations 2016
http://www.24h-lemans.com/wpphpFichi...egulations.pdf
Old 24 Dec 2015, 05:23 (Ref:3599881)   #1599
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
So I'm crashing at mums over Xmas to be with the family and going through the stuff I have in storage I found a few Le Mans review DVD 2003/4/5 as well as some of my sportscar book collection which admittedly isn't very big. That'll do nicely
Old 24 Dec 2015, 09:36 (Ref:3599908)   #1600
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't know in which thread write this, but :
Merry Xmas and Happy New year to all Le Mans and Sports cars fans and all Ten-Tenths members.

Pascal