Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 9 Dec 2015, 21:36 (Ref:3596701)   #751
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
YorkshireLad should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I wonder where the parc ferme will be now they are building on its location.

There's still a roadway down the side were the orange 360excavator is. I'm guessing it will be round the back of the garages, it's still a 'biggish' area.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3597794)   #752
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/un-...uit-en-photos/
More pics. The #eatsleepracerepeat stickers nobody remembered to took away are facing the new garage sites. And more endless construction/teardown/modification everywhere.
Old 14 Dec 2015, 22:04 (Ref:3597808)   #753
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Moving that wall back at the Porsche Curves was overdue anyway after all the crashes at that spot, and there was room behind it. Lots of unused space between that old wall and the public road at Maison Blanche.
Old 22 Dec 2015, 07:43 (Ref:3599374)   #754
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My friend Jean-marc's pictures of the works at Arnage : http://guimbarde-et-circuit.eklablog...ien-a119620702
As alwys, a good job! Many thanks to him.
Old 22 Dec 2015, 08:39 (Ref:3599385)   #755
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Looking at the drawings nobody is going to be able to see down to Porsche curves from arnage. Unless they open the flat spot beside the end of the embankment. I'm guessing it will be fenced off though.
The existing banking end (near Indy corner) is being flattened, the tip is being reduced back but we're gaining the dog leg towards mulsanne corner. I just hope the banks are wide enough to accommodate the areas we've lost.
Old 22 Dec 2015, 13:53 (Ref:3599430)   #756
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Arnage area is now like Esse de la ForĂȘt or Tertre Rouge : no trees in a large perimeter
Old 22 Dec 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3599548)   #757
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe it'll look less depressing in June sunshine.

Or not.
Old 6 Jan 2016, 08:47 (Ref:3602450)   #758
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apologies if this has already been posted, but here's an update on the pit garages construction.

http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/news/le...746_23087.html
Old 27 Jan 2016, 07:48 (Ref:3608363)   #759
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Works at Arnage and Porsche : THE MOVIE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVeJZZmD4OM

Most of the works are done at Arnage. This road is used by 10000 cars a day and is accident-prone. They had to purchase land and this has delayed the works. One M€ are necessary to increase users security. A round-about will keep the place safer. The old turn will be kept as it is. New Mounds will be build for an exceptional view.
Porsche (second left) : the GBA (safety concrete wall for roads) was to close to the track. A new gravel trap will be set with a GBA on the left. There will still be work to be done in 2017 and 2018 to get security on the whole circuit.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 08:24 (Ref:3608366)   #760
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post

Most of the works are done at Arnage. This road is used by 10000 cars a day and is accident-prone. They had to purchase land and this has delayed the works. One M€ are necessary to increase users security. A round-about will keep the place safer. The old turn will be kept as it is. New Mounds will be build for an exceptional view.
Porsche (second left) : the GBA (safety concrete wall for roads) was to close to the track. A new gravel trap will be set with a GBA on the left. There will still be work to be done in 2017 and 2018 to get security on the whole circuit.
Thanks for the update Pascal.

Any chance of photos now that the works at Arnage are done?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 12:55 (Ref:3608438)   #761
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
Any chance of photos now that the works at Arnage are done?
Well, by "Most of the works are done at Arnage" I meant "Most of the works are for Arnage".
It said that the round-about will be ready for April.
Old 27 Jan 2016, 14:00 (Ref:3608451)   #762
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Maybe a simple removable traffic light installation would have been a much cheaper solution there?

Quote:
Looks like a lot of tarmac is being laid down as well...

Do you know if the gravel that is being into the trap will be different from the kind in Dunlop, the Mulsanne chicanes and Mulsanne corner itself? Seemed the sharp type of rocks that are used in all of those traps were the cause of many, many punctures over the years, any news on possible replacement of that?
Old 27 Jan 2016, 22:58 (Ref:3608566)   #763
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for the update.

Certainly will be better for road users and if they protect the track layout here then great. It means there is less compromise for the circuit to improve road safety. It'll be good to see the finished work to check all this.
It remains time seen how the spectator area works out and if this improves over the next few years.
Old 28 Jan 2016, 07:31 (Ref:3608618)   #764
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i was wondering how all of the changes will effect the car parking, it has always been very busy on the race days but i suspect some of those car parks no longer exist
Old 28 Jan 2016, 12:33 (Ref:3608682)   #765
Brake dust
Racer

United States
Brake dust should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for posting Pascal!
Old 29 Jan 2016, 07:02 (Ref:3608973)   #766
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It'll be good to see the finished work to check all this.
I live 150 km away from Le Mans but I bet that Eric will have a look at the works in the next weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep
Looks like a lot of tarmac is being laid down as well...

Do you know if the gravel that is being into the trap will be different from the kind in Dunlop, the Mulsanne chicanes and Mulsanne corner itself? Seemed the sharp type of rocks that are used in all of those traps were the cause of many, many punctures over the years, any news on possible replacement of that?
I think they will lay a tarmac strip in front of the gravel trap to prevent gravel on the track as much as possible.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 09:11 (Ref:3610831)   #767
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Photos of the two new boxes, garages, stands, call them as you want.
http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/les...rtis-de-terre/
Old 2 Feb 2016, 09:56 (Ref:3610839)   #768
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm sorry but seeing those trees being cut down at Arnage might be the most upsetting thing I've ever seen on this forum.

My first memory of Le Mans is picking up the huge pine-cones from the spectator banking and collecting them to take home with me.

It's all gone now.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 10:27 (Ref:3610843)   #769
YorkshireLad
Veteran

United Kingdom
skipton, north yorkshire
Can't believe they didn't keep any of the trees! Don't trees in France get TPO's?

Hopefully they'll plant some fairly decent standards (trees with a substantial girth) to make sure it's kept in keeping.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 11:03 (Ref:3610852)   #770
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I'm sorry but seeing those trees being cut down at Arnage might be the most upsetting thing I've ever seen on this forum.

My first memory of Le Mans is picking up the huge pine-cones from the spectator banking and collecting them to take home with me.

It's all gone now.
And with a lot more cleared following the fires last year it has not been a good year for trees at the track.

Thinking about it, so much of the mystique or atmosphere or whatever of this circuit (in my eyes) comes from the long blasts through the trees between Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves, and particularly from Mulsanne to Arnage. This is the reminder that you are looking at a public road, and a throwback to the days when all racing was like this. It's not a street track, it's not a road course, it's a road.

And while it is frustrating that so much of these sections of track are out of bounds, in a way I think that adds to the romance of the place. A driver and a car, speeding alone through the trees in the middle of the night. Magic.

You've got me all emotional, G4J. I think I need a lie down.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 11:53 (Ref:3610862)   #771
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
And with a lot more cleared following the fires last year it has not been a good year for trees at the track.

Thinking about it, so much of the mystique or atmosphere or whatever of this circuit (in my eyes) comes from the long blasts through the trees between Tertre Rouge and Porsche Curves, and particularly from Mulsanne to Arnage. This is the reminder that you are looking at a public road, and a throwback to the days when all racing was like this. It's not a street track, it's not a road course, it's a road.

And while it is frustrating that so much of these sections of track are out of bounds, in a way I think that adds to the romance of the place. A driver and a car, speeding alone through the trees in the middle of the night. Magic.

You've got me all emotional, G4J. I think I need a lie down.
I concur.

The trees at Indianapolis/Arnage also had the benefit of offering much-needed shade in the morning.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 12:27 (Ref:3610866)   #772
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree too. I was also saddened when they decimated the trees down at the Esses a few years ago. I'm still struggling to work out why......
Old 2 Feb 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3610872)   #773
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I agree too. I was also saddened when they decimated the trees down at the Esses a few years ago. I'm still struggling to work out why......
I never got to see those in the flesh, but the friend who got me down to Le Mans in the first place still goes on about them.
Old 2 Feb 2016, 18:26 (Ref:3610968)   #774
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
I never got to see those in the flesh, but the friend who got me down to Le Mans in the first place still goes on about them.
The trees always seemed to enhance the atmosphere......

Old 2 Feb 2016, 18:38 (Ref:3610972)   #775
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Over the years i have been going the trees in the campsites started to go then those on the esses and then those in the village, now those on the open roads and at arnarge, some one on the ACO must have a lumber yard.