Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Sep 2000, 20:48 (Ref:36286)   #1
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Tommy Rustad in his Nissan won the Championship. I was there and reporting live to our homepage with results and pictures.

It was ALOT of action!
Old 11 Sep 2000, 01:10 (Ref:36380)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
congrats to tommy....how mant stcc championships has he won?
Old 11 Sep 2000, 01:45 (Ref:36384)   #3
kmchow
Veteran

kmchow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, despite having 5 A4s, Audi still lost huh? I feel kinda bad for Audi. They tried so hard. I guess Nissan is really proud. OTOH, perhaps Audi can take the championship in '01??? Hopefully, they wil have one very last chance??

Old 11 Sep 2000, 18:21 (Ref:36492)   #4
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
JMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJMeissner should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
>congrats to tommy....how mant stcc championships has he won?

None... he came to the STCC last year from BTCC. And last year he was in the lead of the championship but a very controversial startcrash of the final race spoiled his chances...

>Wow, despite having 5 A4s, Audi still lost huh? I feel kinda bad for Audi. They tried so hard. I guess Nissan is really proud. OTOH, perhaps Audi can take the championship in '01??? Hopefully, they wil have one very last chance??

Yepper, Audi wasnt too happy after the race. They have also put in an appeal agains Tommy Rustad. He got a puncture when he lit up his tyres after the race and then he failed the ridehight check. But when they put a new tyre on he passed the test. But Audi isnt satisfied with that... If he gets disqualified Tommy will lose the title...

Old 12 Sep 2000, 01:19 (Ref:36614)   #5
kmchow
Veteran

So Johan, what do you think? Do you think Audi is trying too hard with the appeal? Do you think they are a sore loser?
Old 17 Sep 2000, 15:02 (Ref:37656)   #6
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd support Audi over Nissan, for sure, but I think that's a bit of a 'sore loser' appeal there. Tommy was perfectly entitled to be well pleased with his efforts in winning the title and a little doughnut action is a great way to show the fans trackside how happy you are.

To appeal that the car failed the ride height test is ridiculous - the officials put a new tyre on the car to replace the deflated one and it was fine. They can't complain about that.

And to think that Super Touring has been thrown out in favour of cheaper, supposedly more exciting racing is rude. Just curb the costs, the racing was fine...
Old 17 Sep 2000, 23:32 (Ref:37758)   #7
kmchow
Veteran

Danielsun wrote:

>And to think that Super Touring has been thrown out in >favour of cheaper, supposedly more exciting racing is >rude. Just curb the costs, the racing was fine...
>
Or could the renewed excitement result from the fact that practically no new engine or aerodynamic developments are being introduced for the cars? The teams are just playing with different race settings? This makes budget variations less important. As well, the STCC is a largely semi-works championship versus a full blown F1 Works effort in the BTCC?

Eiter way, it's nice to see some exciting racing taking place.

Old 20 Sep 2000, 16:23 (Ref:38214)   #8
JMeissner
Subscriber
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Well, Audi has taken back their appeal agains Nissan now...
Old 20 Sep 2000, 21:20 (Ref:38272)   #9
Danielsun
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Danielsun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And so I should hope. Let's pray that it need not happen again in seasons future...