Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3971740)   #1
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Likewise - I've just built a sim rig with the expectation that any on-track action this year in the real world is going to be a long way off. Unfortunately it's only got a fairly naff logitech wheel and pedals for now, until I can convince my wife that better pedals and wheel are a reasonable expense. But the basis of a lovely rig is there... I'm pretty sure the Sparco seat I've put in it is nicer than anything I've sat in on a real track... Going to be trying to get back to iRacing properly from this week!
Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:22 (Ref:3971741)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCherry View Post
Likewise - I've just built a sim rig with the expectation that any on-track action this year in the real world is going to be a long way off. Unfortunately it's only got a fairly naff logitech wheel and pedals for now, until I can convince my wife that better pedals and wheel are a reasonable expense. But the basis of a lovely rig is there... I'm pretty sure the Sparco seat I've put in it is nicer than anything I've sat in on a real track... Going to be trying to get back to iRacing properly from this week!
I'm on an office chair (I take the wheels off for driving) and a Logitech G920. I'm not investing more as I expect to drop this again when lockdown is over.
Old 19 Apr 2020, 20:24 (Ref:3971742)   #3
AndrewCherry
Racer

European Union
Horsham
AndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAndrewCherry should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depending on how it goes I might well stick with it. Never going to be a replacement for being out there in the real world, but it might be a nice mental exercise. It's interesting to see how many top drivers seem to be genuinely using it for training/practice/sharpness - it can't hurt!