Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2020, 23:32 (Ref:3981954)   #6301
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
There's no way anyone can guarantee that the currently scheduled rounds will proceed. It's entirely possible everything could be put on hold again if government guidance changes.
Well that is true of any season, irrespective of Coronavirus.

But unless there's a significant second wave, Government guidance isn't going to become more restrictive.

You should assume that the revised calendar will happen, and that some races will clash with F1, British GT and any number of club meetings.
Old 14 Jun 2020, 22:02 (Ref:3982113)   #6302
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agreed, unless there is a second wave thanks to we all know who, then I can't see restrictions increasing and we should be good to race.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 09:11 (Ref:3982154)   #6303
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarfanLUFC View Post
Agreed, unless there is a second wave thanks to we all know who, then I can't see restrictions increasing and we should be good to race.
No, who? Just so I can avoid them
Old 15 Jun 2020, 10:39 (Ref:3982162)   #6304
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
No, who? Just so I can avoid them
The inept UK government.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 12:52 (Ref:3982180)   #6305
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
The inept UK government.
and the protestors (rioters), on both sides, ignoring social distancing.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 15:54 (Ref:3982202)   #6306
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We were bound to get protests sooner or later, but it’s not helping things
Old 15 Jun 2020, 16:52 (Ref:3982211)   #6307
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The inept UK government.
Ah will stick with the lot I have here in Ireland....and avoid them
Old 15 Jun 2020, 16:59 (Ref:3982213)   #6308
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
We can’t do anymore atm. Let’s just wait for the season to start and go from there
Old 15 Jun 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3982224)   #6309
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
We were bound to get protests sooner or later, but it’s not helping things
The current wave of protests have got nothing to do with Covid-19 though
Old 15 Jun 2020, 18:48 (Ref:3982230)   #6310
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
CarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCarfanLUFC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
and the protestors (rioters), on both sides, ignoring social distancing.
Yes exactly. If there is a 2nd spike in the UK it will be because of them and that is sad.

Hopefully things don't get pushed back but if it does that I can't see how they will get that many races in.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:06 (Ref:3982233)   #6311
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
The current wave of protests have got nothing to do with Covid-19 though
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

One of the reasons for delaying the lockdown was precisely this. It was quite possibly known that without Marshal law or something similar to France, a long lockdown would result in riots. Under the UK constitution you can't just impose marshal law so it has been left to us to use common sense. And most of us have done so. But it has been and will continue to be a struggle. There are all sorts of theories as to why the UK death toll is where it is but when you were all asked to protect the NHS there were few, if any, complaints.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:45 (Ref:3982238)   #6312
CarfanLUFC
Racer

Zimbabwe
A Yorkshire Farm
Quote:
The inept UK government.
The UK government is fantastic compared to what i'm used too.

With F1 due to start in July and other series around the world already going it would be such a shame if BTCC gets delayed even more.

There is lots of interesting stories to unfold this season I think.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3982239)   #6313
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Still hoping we will get some BTCC this year and if Brands is on and we are allowed to attend i will be there, and to be honest i will cheer all those taking part without exception.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 09:47 (Ref:3982296)   #6314
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Still hoping we will get some BTCC this year and if Brands is on and we are allowed to attend i will be there, and to be honest i will cheer all those taking part without exception.
I will cheer all but one

But seriously I hope we can get trackside to see some more live motorsport this year.
Old 17 Jun 2020, 19:15 (Ref:3982530)   #6315
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
I will cheer all but one

But seriously I hope we can get trackside to see some more live motorsport this year.
Well if it happens i will be in hailwoods for breakfast and at druids most of the race as usual.
Old 18 Jun 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3982647)   #6316
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if snetterton will still be having it's top 10 qualifying session?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Jun 2020, 14:33 (Ref:3982654)   #6317
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBrown View Post
Anyone know if snetterton will still be having it's top 10 qualifying session?

Good question. Haven’t heard anything, but wouldn’t be surprised if that’s been abandoned
Old 18 Jun 2020, 17:42 (Ref:3982686)   #6318
HarryBrown
Rookie

HarryBrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be a shame if it was, still think a one lap shootout would be more interested like they do in supercars but that might be tricky with fwd cars having to swap the front and rear tyres

Old 18 Jun 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3982688)   #6319
Mike_Powell
Rookie

Mike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike_Powell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
My favourite qualifying format is still that from the defunct Formula Superleague and I think that would make the BTCC fun.....
Old 18 Jun 2020, 18:57 (Ref:3982695)   #6320
S griffin
Veteran

They did the one shot showdown from 98-00
Old 22 Jun 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3983267)   #6321
Daverb
Rookie

Daverb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the posts on here are ridiculous and way over the top.

Beaches are full, mass protests with huge crowds are happening yet you guys are on about should someone be at a circuit taking photos. Tomorrow we go down to 1 metre restrictions.

Get real. The rounds should be going ahead, with spectators, socially distanced. If Toca was brave enough to say this was happening now it would give circuits time to plan and put preparations in place.
Old 22 Jun 2020, 19:35 (Ref:3983269)   #6322
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post

Beaches are full, mass protests with huge crowds are happening yet you guys are on about should someone be at a circuit taking photos. Tomorrow we go down to 1 metre restrictions.

Get real. The rounds should be going ahead, with spectators, socially distanced. If Toca was brave enough to say this was happening now it would give circuits time to plan and put preparations in place.
It's not up to TOCA or the circuits though.
Old 22 Jun 2020, 19:41 (Ref:3983270)   #6323
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
It's not up to TOCA or the circuits though.
How quickly could a circuit ramp up a ticketed event if the given notice is only something like 4-6 weeks?
Old 22 Jun 2020, 19:46 (Ref:3983271)   #6324
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daverb View Post

Absolutely.
People are being really slow-moving about getting back to normal.
I''m not scared at all now. There's what can be a deadly virus around, but then cancer has been around for ever and in bigger numbers than coronavirus now. Everyone doesn;t abandon living their lives because of a fear of getting cancer.

So many people have fallen hook line and sinker for the scare tactics perpetuated by most givernments around the globe. Yres, it's been serious, but come on, we have to live some kind of normal lives!
Old 22 Jun 2020, 20:01 (Ref:3983272)   #6325
mattcanary
Racer

mattcanary should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How quickly could a circuit ramp up a ticketed event if the given notice is only something like 4-6 weeks?
Now that we live in the world of the internet, fairly quickly I'd say.

Look how quickly the nightingale hospital in london was built.