Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 21 May 2020, 17:56 (Ref:3977572)   #6726
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
If this infinitely cheaper operation at N24 is cancelled for the year due to lack of time for development and restrictions on personnel, wouldn't the final 24h for LMP1 also be at risk? I mean yes the old car does not have any big updates coming up anymore except the updated LM package but you know. They still have to keep developing the lame hypercar behind curtains too
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2020/0...-24-hours.html
I think there's a lot of differences between the two programs. The N24 car is a one off deal and it's just for one race. The car is mostly an experiment for future products in Toyotas lineup, like the TTV8 it's supposed to run for the LC F. I think the hypercar thing is different because it can test a multitude of things in the factory that the LC can't because it's not a TGR Europe project. Most of the guys are Japanese and the travel restrictions etc are hurting more than at TMG. Those guys are 'local' in comparison. It definitely sucks to see the LC not race but I think the wec program is fine especially if you consider the current car is racing longer now and the hypercar rules are pushed back to 2021.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3986301)   #6727
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nick de Vries replaces Thomas Laurent as development/reserve driver:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...eserve-driver/
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3986303)   #6728
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwood View Post
Nick de Vries replaces Thomas Laurent as development/reserve driver:

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...eserve-driver/
So do we know why Thomas has been 'dumped'?
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:15 (Ref:3986309)   #6729
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Also who will Nick actually drive for this year, he appears to be signed for 3 teams.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 18:29 (Ref:3986312)   #6730
Richard117
Racer

Netherlands
Netherlands
Richard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRichard117 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Also who will Nick actually drive for this year, he appears to be signed for 3 teams.
ELMS G-Drive
WEC/Le Mans Racing Team Nederland
Reserve Toyota

I wonder who will be the Le Mans reserve for RTN in case de Vries got the call from Toyota.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3986324)   #6731
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it's insane how a driver that could fairly fight against leclerc and norris has been hired by toyota only as development driver... I know experience is essential in endurance racing, but de Vries simply outclasses by far all toyota work drivers.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 01:59 (Ref:3986376)   #6732
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
it's insane how a driver that could fairly fight against leclerc and norris has been hired by toyota only as development driver... I know experience is essential in endurance racing, but de Vries simply outclasses by far all toyota work drivers.
Some would say he was just 4th in the final standings in 2018 F2 and while he won last year the grid wasn't as strong and it was already his 3rd season. But the 3 drivers that finished infront of him in 2018 are now all in F1 for the second season.

Also besides having 3 lmp seats he is also at Mercedes in Formula E.

Last edited by deggis; 7 Jul 2020 at 02:07.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 05:06 (Ref:3986384)   #6733
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I beg your pardon, but I have to argue a little here...Toyota has professional drivers and in the likes of Buemi, Nakajima, Kobayashi would offer him a fierce opposition in any class, despite these three having minor success in F1.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:22 (Ref:3986402)   #6734
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Not sure everyone would agree with you there, but he appears to be getting plenty of paid drives at the moment so some people in the sport seem to think he is a future star, so lets see what happens when we get back to normal.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:35 (Ref:3986414)   #6735
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
I beg your pardon, but I have to argue a little here...Toyota has professional drivers and in the likes of Buemi, Nakajima, Kobayashi would offer him a fierce opposition in any class, despite these three having minor success in F1.

Never questioned professionalism of toyota work drivers, it's just new generation drivers like norris, verstappen, leclerc, de vries, russell are simply insanely talented and would likely outclass everyone in their way.

He finished 4th on 2018 F2 champ, but russell aside who dominated the season, de vries, albon (3rd) and norris (2nd) were all in less than 20 points.

If am not wrong, at austin qualifying, de vries set a time 0.7s faster than everyone else, that is jaw dropping for a basically spec class.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:39 (Ref:3986416)   #6736
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Never questioned professionalism of toyota work drivers, it's just new generation drivers like norris, verstappen, leclerc, de vries, russell are simply insanely talented and would likely outclass everyone in their way.

He finished 4th on 2018 F2 champ, but russell aside who dominated the season, de vries, albon (3rd) and norris (2nd) were all in less than 20 points.

If am not wrong, at austin qualifying, de vries set a time 0.7s faster than everyone else, that is jaw dropping for a basically spec class.
I would never dare to question De Vries s talent, but if he is so quick/magic talent(like back in the days Hamilton was) how didn t he get a F1 seat already?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 07:55 (Ref:3986422)   #6737
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
I would never dare to question De Vries s talent, but if he is so quick/magic talent(like back in the days Hamilton was) how didn t he get a F1 seat already?

well, I could answer asking why a driver like grosjean it's about 10 years he's in f1 despite his shameful results (and the answer is cl€ar).

Guess de vries, like ocon last season, pays the fact to be a mercedes backed guy and actually simply there is no place for him since williams has already russell (another mercedes guy) and latifi (paying driver) while force india RP has perez and stroll (team owner son).

Last edited by canaglia; 7 Jul 2020 at 08:08.
Old 7 Jul 2020, 08:08 (Ref:3986426)   #6738
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
well, I could answer asking why a driver like grosjean it's about 10 years he's in f1 despite his shameful results (and the answer is cl€ar).

Guess de vries, like ocon, pays the fact to be a mercedes backed guy and actually simply there is no place for him since williams has already russell (another mercedes guy) and latifi (paying driver) while force india RP has perez and stroll (team owner son).
You are totally right about Grosjean. It is hard to get in F1. Actually you could dismiss half the field in F1 and swap them with real talented and young drivers.
Old 8 Jul 2020, 13:11 (Ref:3986732)   #6739
GingerPixel
Racer

GingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGingerPixel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saying De Vries is better than the whole squad is a bit of a leap!
Old 8 Jul 2020, 14:05 (Ref:3986742)   #6740
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by GingerPixel View Post
Saying De Vries is better than the whole squad is a bit of a leap!
Easy to say, but not easy to prove, i am sure the brains at toyota have enough experience and knowledge to decide who they pick to drive
Old 8 Jul 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3986773)   #6741
canaglia
Veteran

Well, life isn't black or white and are grey zones that actually matter.
Let's think about andre lotterer, between early and mid '10 he was clearly the best audi factory lmp1 driver despite he debuted on a lmp1 only in 2009.

Then, think about fernando alonso, 2 times f1 world champion and by many considered one of best f1 driver ever existed, likely still one of the best if only could get in a competitive team. Despite this, alonso never outclassed his toyota mates for the simple reason he hadn't the same experience and know how about endurance racing of drivers like buemi or conway.

Once said that, there is no doubt that alonso would have outclassed everyone else in toyota team if he had more time to get more experience and better adapt to a different racing discipline.

I basically think the same about de vries, he is insanely more talented than other toyota drivers but these latters have years of experience on their side that is actually more important than talent alone in endurance. To me is just unusual for toyota to have one of most promising drivers around and use him just as test/reserve/development driver. But I can see if it's a de vries choice to get free as soon he'll get his chance to move to f1 in future.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 02:56 (Ref:3986883)   #6742
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota is currently testing the LM package at Paul Ricard. No pictures of the car I've seen yet, just a Twitter post from the team.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 05:59 (Ref:3986894)   #6743
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Toyota is currently testing the LM package at Paul Ricard. No pictures of the car I've seen yet, just a Twitter post from the team.
I m sure someone will post details soon, wonder who else is testing there.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3987064)   #6744
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
S365 posted a piece about the session. Kolles and Rebellion were there as well.

All 6 drivers plus de Vries took part. Plus all 6 Rebellion drivers. Kolles had Spengler, Dillman, and an unnamed pro driver.

Signatech Alpine and Cool also took part with AF Corse Am and Dempsey-Proton as well

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...t-paul-ricard/
Old 9 Jul 2020, 21:00 (Ref:3987070)   #6745
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sounds like it was a busy day at the circuit
Old 9 Jul 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3987079)   #6746
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Apparently if Toyota rents it they have to offer it to everyone. Seems reasonable to me if one team is already there, any no one really challenges them anyway.

Kolles kept up the string of things breaking to mess with their schedule so they missed night running last night.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 09:22 (Ref:3987151)   #6747
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Kolles had Spengler, Dillman, and an unnamed pro driver.
Mikkel Mac maybe?
According to Endurance-Info he had also been doing some testing with the Kolles car a few dys before in Germany.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 02:07 (Ref:3987806)   #6748
TF110
Veteran

United States
found a few photos of the low downforce package Toyota were testing-

Last edited by TF110; 13 Jul 2020 at 02:16.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 02:20 (Ref:3987807)   #6749
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That rear deck is really low!

And the Kolles looks less low downforce.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3987834)   #6750
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Front fenders are approaching the Audi/Porsche level of ugly now too.