Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:19 (Ref:3995226)   #201
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Honda is a much larger company than Mazda.
Old 13 Aug 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3995228)   #202
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Honda is a much larger company than Mazda.
I'm thinking it's because Mazda has the second highest share of the market in Australia.

2019 sales:
Toyota HiLux - 47,649
Ford Ranger - 40,690
Toyota Corolla - 30,468
Hyundai i30 - 28,378
Mitsubishi Triton - 25,819
Mazda CX-5 - 25,539
Mazda 3 - 24,939
Toyota RAV4 - 24,260
Kia Cerato - 21,757
Mitsubishi ASX - 20,806
Nissan X-Trail - 19,726
Toyota Prado - 18,335
Hyundai Tucson - 18,251
Mitsubishi Outlander - 17,514
Holden Colorado - 17,472
Isuzu D-Max - 16,892
Toyota Camry - 16,768
Subaru Forester -15,096
Mazda CX-3 - 14,813
Volkswagen Golf - 14,355

Car brand
Toyota 205,766
Mazda 97,619
Hyundai 86,104
Mitsubishi 83,250
Ford 63,303
Kia 61,50
Nissan 50,575
Volkswagen 49,928
Honda 43,868
Holden 43,176
Subaru 40,007
Mercedes-Benz 38,604
Isuzu Ute 25,311
BMW 23,307
Suzuki 17,310
Audi 15,708
Old 14 Aug 2020, 02:43 (Ref:3995308)   #203
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Interesting. Out of curiosity, why is Honda an irrelevant brand?
Yes, they barely sell any cars and just shut 1/3 of their dealerships.

They have the new Type R which they can market around and they have motorsport heritage but they don't have a catchment like Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, or many others.

Even with a brand new car that is probably the best they've had in a long time, they haven't cracked the top 10, with sales down 45% YoY.

Sitting behind Mitsubishi and Nissan who, lets face it look like they are on their last legs from a passenger car standpoint.

If you could get the top 4, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai and Ford in, you'd have something awesome that could capture the heart and minds of people who buy those cars.

VW are already out, so it leaves one manufacturer out of the top-10 in Australia in TCR.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:26 (Ref:3995352)   #204
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
VW will probably launch their MK8 Golf TCR next year. They've cleared out their stock of MK7 TCRs.
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:27 (Ref:3995353)   #205
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
They are out, to ETCR, to try to clean up their diesel gate image. Audi, too.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 14 Aug 2020, 09:49 (Ref:3995361)   #206
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
VW will probably launch their MK8 Golf TCR next year. They've cleared out their stock of MK7 TCRs.
Are you referring to the TCR model road car - or the TCR race car?

VW Withdraw From All Non-Electric Racing Activities

“Volkswagen Motorsport’s customer sport programme will be electrified,” a statement from Volkswagen read. “The first stage will involve different disciplines, platforms and vehicle types being examined and evaluated.​

“Parallel to this, the production of the Golf GTI TCR for the racetrack will expire at the end of 2019, and a successor based on the new generation will not be offered.​

“Customer service and spare parts supply will be guaranteed in the long term.”​

Old 15 Aug 2020, 05:23 (Ref:3995478)   #207
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
https://tcraustralia.com/
still shows event at the creek this weekend, live on 7 tv

no update, nothing on tv!

come on they have had months layoff and they cant even update their website?
the local girl guides club can manage to do that!
Old 19 Aug 2020, 23:51 (Ref:3996570)   #208
Mixer
Veteran

Some teaser info about eTCR:
Quote:
⚡Revolutionary race format
⚡Cars start Side by Side
⚡“push-to-pass“ mode will ensure plenty of overtaking.
Sounds very much like Formula E

Are we going to have Facebook polls for which driver gets extra push-to-pass?

Funny that they call it Pure eTCR. This sort of stuff isn't pure at all.
Old 24 Aug 2020, 13:22 (Ref:3997632)   #209
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Pure randomness, I guess
Old 15 Sep 2020, 07:06 (Ref:4002540)   #210
Mixer
Veteran

I think the governing body is tone-deaf to the conditions of the market.

with VAG out and others on the fence they're going to make everyone integrate a new ECU and it is already causing issues between the competitors. Hyundai spent a bunch of money to get it to go, and a bunch of others just applied for exemptions and were granted them, and it just so happens they are winning.

The reasoning for the change is to allow stronger equalisation between the cars, but like the change to the gearbox, we are now increasing costs and moving further away from production-based racing and into bespoke racing cars.

After all this is exactly the kind of death of a thousand paper cuts that saw the winged EB and VP turn into the cut and shut COTF cars.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 07:18 (Ref:4005751)   #211
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Even with a brand new car that is probably the best they've had in a long time, they haven't cracked the top 10, with sales down 45% YoY.

Sitting behind Mitsubishi and Nissan who, lets face it look like they are on their last legs from a passenger car standpoint.
Honda in the USA, for example, are quite strong -- Honda Pilot large SUV & Honda Ridgeline dual-cab ute would be good sellers in Australia if available in RHD... It's just that Honda Australia are incompetent with their policy of only bringing Thai-made models and then overpricing them.

Honda are also weak on hybrid models, but when the Honda Insight (Civic Hybrid) is only made in LHD (!!!) I'm not sure what Honda Australia can do about that. The sales of Corolla Hybrid and RAV4 Hybrid suggest that similar models could potentially be good sellers...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 23 Sep 2020 at 07:25.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 20:35 (Ref:4005916)   #212
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post

Honda are also weak on hybrid models
As Max Verstappen would no doubt agree on occasions.
Old 23 Sep 2020, 22:56 (Ref:4005934)   #213
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't notice any announcements around a multi hundred million dollar teev and patty broadcast deal around TCR. Did I miss something?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 24 Sep 2020, 01:27 (Ref:4005942)   #214
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I didn't notice any announcements around a multi hundred million dollar teev and patty broadcast deal around TCR. Did I miss something?

I’ve missed these arrogant and stupidly biased comments
Old 24 Sep 2020, 02:03 (Ref:4005949)   #215
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What constitutes a series ? The topic of this thread mentions a series but surely you need a minimum number of races to qualify as a series.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 02:06 (Ref:4005950)   #216
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, petty, stupid, and unneccessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
What constitutes a series ? The topic of this thread mentions a series but surely you need a minimum number of races to qualify as a series.
This is my criticism, how is it that TCR can't manage to scratch together a race?

Also, more of the dam breaking with Brighty handing back the cars he "bought"
Old 24 Sep 2020, 03:15 (Ref:4005958)   #217
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy400 View Post
I’ve missed these arrogant and stupidly biased comments
Are you still here?
Old 24 Sep 2020, 03:20 (Ref:4005959)   #218
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Yeah, petty, stupid, and unneccessary.
Yet a perfectly valid statement. Apparently the truth is unwelcome.

There is no 2020 TCR series. Immutable fact.

Millions of dollars worth of cars around the country in sheds looking for something to do, just getting older as the days tick by. And loses a year of edge as new models and variants come to the fore.

AusGT is in the very same boat...

What are the category managers up to?
Old 24 Sep 2020, 03:21 (Ref:4005960)   #219
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
If I've interpreted your comment correctly, then I think you may be missing context?

Why that is the case? It's probably because of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Surely you'd know of a pandemic occurring, and this is affecting the current season?

If the 2020 series doesn't occur, then I presume a 2021 series will begin as if nothing happened.

Quote:
This is my criticism, how is it that TCR can't manage to scratch together a race?
They don't need to.

Btw, I'll say again. Nobody cares about Bright handing back a car. And the Kelly's as well.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 03:33 (Ref:4005964)   #220
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Millions of dollars worth of cars around the country in sheds looking for something to do, just getting older as the days tick by. And loses a year of edge as new models and variants come to the fore.

Supercars have the profile and relationships with government to make it happen. They should be congratulated for that.

Watching Superscars on the TV has been a blessing for this little Victorian.

The other categories are not at this level. A more apt comparison would be with the VFL or Sheffield Shield cricket. The former did not take place and the later is unlikely to take place.

Even the PGA have chucked in the towel with the season of golf this year.

The statement is fact even if the comparison is invalid.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 03:53 (Ref:4005966)   #221
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Supercars have the need to make it happen.
All of the other promotors are a 'second business.' If there was no Supercars events, there was no income at all for the business.
Old 24 Sep 2020, 04:01 (Ref:4005967)   #222
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

A fine bit of trolling, are you still a mod?
Old 24 Sep 2020, 04:27 (Ref:4005971)   #223
Speedy400
Racer

Quote:
Are you still here?
I never left. I never told fibs and got caught.
You?
Old 24 Sep 2020, 04:29 (Ref:4005973)   #224
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

You’re still here? I thought you left this forum along with the Supercar chat on Tenths
Old 24 Sep 2020, 04:37 (Ref:4005975)   #225
Speedy400
Racer

As a mod it’s pretty disappointing.

Tell lies. Get caught. Go on self imposed holiday.
Have you apologised to Roger Lago yet?

Make Your return and instantly spread negativity.
You and your mate almost killed this place.
Now you are back to finish the job?