Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Jan 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4026604)   #3926
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Someone said they liked Historic cars;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2405.JPG   IMG_2414.JPG   IMG_2424.JPG  

IMG_2433.JPG   IMG_2438.JPG   IMG_2463.JPG  

Old 3 Jan 2021, 20:37 (Ref:4026605)   #3927
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Morgans out West;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1191.JPG   IMG_1193.JPG   IMG_1204.JPG  

IMG_1274.JPG   IMG_1286.JPG   IMG_1320.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2021, 00:25 (Ref:4026628)   #3928
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah Castle Combe before the solar panels! I'd recognise that infield anywhere. Rather too much of it ended up in my car over the years

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jan 2021, 00:50 (Ref:4026634)   #3929
chrisklein90
Rookie

United States
Florida
chrisklein90 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting gallery that you have on this thread. All these classic cars look amazing.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 07:49 (Ref:4026654)   #3930
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Ah Castle Combe before the solar panels! I'd recognise that infield anywhere.
Was not a question, Max, but great answer anyway! (just for the smile)
Old 4 Jan 2021, 09:07 (Ref:4026665)   #3931
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Was not a question, Max, but great answer anyway! (just for the smile)
I knew it wasn't a question. It wasn't an answer as such, just the start of a happy memory. Mind you it gets confusing between Picture Parades and Quizzes

CC has played a big part in my life. I spectated with my family as a child, it was the first place I went on my own when I got a motor bike at 16, I raced there every meeting for years and worked there on and off, full and part time, for not far short of three decades.

Old 4 Jan 2021, 12:58 (Ref:4026694)   #3932
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I knew you knew, not surprising. I do remember the place we were standing in the grandstand of Montlhéry, my Dad and I. I was so young that my hand could disappear in his. I remember that we had a lunch at Le Cheval Blanc auberge first. The first grid was DB Panhard, said Monomil, and I suffered the harsh noise of those machines sounding like bags of nails. Happy souvenir. As to the number of decades, I've better not to count…*Quand on aime, on ne compte pas.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:10 (Ref:4026708)   #3933
bauble
Veteran

England
Back to what I do best;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5862.JPG   IMG_5867.JPG   IMG_5874.JPG  

IMG_5885.JPG   IMG_5889.JPG   IMG_5912.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:12 (Ref:4026709)   #3934
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! What I like best;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5868.JPG   IMG_5872.JPG   IMG_5888.JPG  

IMG_5906.JPG   IMG_5895.JPG   IMG_5909.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4026712)   #3935
bauble
Veteran

England
We all owe them our thanks;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5919.JPG   IMG_5924.JPG   IMG_6142.JPG  

IMG_6146.JPG   IMG_6238.JPG   IMG_6240.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:28 (Ref:4026713)   #3936
bauble
Veteran

England
'ere, we go again.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5926.JPG   IMG_5933.JPG   IMG_5938.JPG  

IMG_5946.JPG   IMG_5974.JPG   IMG_5951.JPG  

Old 4 Jan 2021, 14:30 (Ref:4026714)   #3937
bauble
Veteran

England
And again.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5969.JPG   IMG_5975.JPG   IMG_5987.JPG  

IMG_5878.JPG   IMG_5315.JPG  
Attached Images

Old 4 Jan 2021, 17:02 (Ref:4026756)   #3938
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Ah Castle Combe before the solar panels! I'd recognise that infield anywhere. Rather too much of it ended up in my car over the years

For those of us of more advanced years, the sight of corn growing in the infield is very reminiscent of Snetterton in the 60s. Just after the pits, a car could, and often did, get almost lost in the undergrowth if you got it horribly wrong.

On the subject of how tracks have changed over the years, we no longer have all the trees alongside the circuit up at Oulton. When I raced there one year, a young James Hunt, driving a mate's Mini, attempted to make a demon start by trying to drive down the inside of us in front of him, resulting in the car getting tangled up in the trees, roof first. His chum, the owner, wasn't too impressed!
Old 4 Jan 2021, 17:33 (Ref:4026761)   #3939
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
For those of us of more advanced years, the sight of corn growing in the infield is very reminiscent of Snetterton in the 60s. Just after the pits, a car could, and often did, get almost lost in the undergrowth if you got it horribly wrong.
Silverstone as well, and even the best fell foul of it. JYS iat the British GP 1973:

photo: Geoff Goddard - GPL Collection

The cornfield incident was after the restart following the "Scheckter crash". Stewart had Peterson shut the door on him on the opening lap and went for a detour through the cornfield with only the airbox visible, eventually reappearing but down the field. Stewart finished a lap down in 10th.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4026772)   #3940
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Silverstone as well, and even the best fell foul of it. JYS iat the British GP 1973:

photo: Geoff Goddard - GPL Collection

The cornfield incident was after the restart following the "Scheckter crash". Stewart had Peterson shut the door on him on the opening lap and went for a detour through the cornfield with only the airbox visible, eventually reappearing but down the field. Stewart finished a lap down in 10th.
I was marshalling right there that day, must have been next to the photographer at Stowe. Quit a busy day for marshals but not us at Stowe!!!
Old 4 Jan 2021, 18:40 (Ref:4026783)   #3941
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I was marshalling right there that day, must have been next to the photographer at Stowe. Quit a busy day for marshals but not us at Stowe!!!
I remember it well, had a good laugh.
Old 4 Jan 2021, 20:10 (Ref:4026799)   #3942
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I remember it well, had a good laugh.
A DFV in the cornfield,so romantic. Pop corn on the house!
Old 5 Jan 2021, 15:29 (Ref:4027000)   #3943
bauble
Veteran

England
Back to basics;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2419.JPG   IMG_2423.JPG   IMG_2451.JPG  

IMG_2473.JPG   IMG_2610.JPG   IMG_2614.JPG  

Old 5 Jan 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4027001)   #3944
bauble
Veteran

England
Bauble;s basics;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3097.JPG   IMG_3161.JPG   IMG_3199.JPG  

IMG_3221.JPG   IMG_3222.JPG   IMG_3230.JPG  

Old 5 Jan 2021, 15:33 (Ref:4027002)   #3945
bauble
Veteran

England
And there's more;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4172.JPG   IMG_4177.JPG   IMG_4178.JPG  

IMG_4181.JPG   IMG_4192.JPG   IMG_4202.JPG  

Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:38 (Ref:4027414)   #3946
bauble
Veteran

England
Today's Covid free offerings are;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0103.JPG   _MG_0133.JPG   _MG_0149.JPG  

_MG_0160.JPG   _MG_0199.JPG   _MG_0204.JPG  

Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4027415)   #3947
bauble
Veteran

England
And there are more;
Attached Thumbnails
_MG_0201.JPG   _MG_0247.JPG   _MG_0216.JPG  

_MG_0276.JPG   _MG_0278.JPG   _MG_0277.JPG  

Old 7 Jan 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4027418)   #3948
bauble
Veteran

England
.. and finally the left overs;
Attached Thumbnails
Spring Start 08 088.JPG   IMG_4194.JPG   _MG_0282.JPG  

IMG_5896.JPG   IMG_4202.JPG   IMG_9306.JPG  

Old 7 Jan 2021, 17:59 (Ref:4027491)   #3949
midgetman
Veteran

Pity this is the "parade" and not the "quiz", I actually recognise some of those cars
Old 7 Jan 2021, 18:31 (Ref:4027501)   #3950
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Pity this is the "parade" and not the "quiz", I actually recognise some of those cars, for instance the very nice Matra!