Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:21 (Ref:4048229)   #376
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guys, we now have two threads in which we're posting essentially the same stuff (the other is the Prologue thread). If the conversation can be had here - and I think it should be, I'll close the other thread.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 10:35 (Ref:4048232)   #377
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
greenmachinets040 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Guys, we now have two threads in which we're posting essentially the same stuff (the other is the Prologue thread). If the conversation can be had here - and I think it should be, I'll close the other thread.
I agree.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 11:20 (Ref:4048244)   #378
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK, I'll do it now.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 11:34 (Ref:4048250)   #379
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And some comments from Alpine.

https://www.endurance-info.com/fr/ph...pas-surreagir/
Old 28 Apr 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4048254)   #380
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
So, then there are already talks among ACO and FIA about making changes. That is a good sign.

Thanks for the Link.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 11:55 (Ref:4048257)   #381
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe they should do this AFTER Spa. In the meantime lets have a good race with multiple cars running for overall win. Will be more fun than 2 or 3. Stop complaining folks. Way too much of this on here. Prototype category in WEC is actually exciting and unpredictable for once. The first time since....errrr Le Mans 2017. And we know what happened that race.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 11:58 (Ref:4048258)   #382
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I will say it a bit bluntly, but have people already forgotten the farce of the Ford GT sandbagging!?

Of course Toyota and Alpine will be faster once they sort out the setup and drop the sandbags - currently it is only a game of politics over the regulations and no real speed is shown.

Let us not forget that the LMP2 machines are quite well known to the teams and therefore on pace almost instantly. Neither Toyota nor Alpine really know their new car around Spa and will require some run in time.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 12:03 (Ref:4048259)   #383
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by WyldStallion View Post
Maybe they should do this AFTER Spa. In the meantime lets have a good race with multiple cars running for overall win. Will be more fun than 2 or 3. Stop complaining folks. Way too much of this on here. Prototype category in WEC is actually exciting and unpredictable for once. The first time since....errrr Le Mans 2017. And we know what happened that race.
I think fans should complain. Top category is top category. A big mistake happened from the organisational body.

Anyways, it would be interesting what would happen on saturday if the leave things as they are now.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 12:09 (Ref:4048261)   #384
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I will say it a bit bluntly, but have people already forgotten the farce of the Ford GT sandbagging!?

Of course Toyota and Alpine will be faster once they sort out the setup and drop the sandbags - currently it is only a game of politics over the regulations and no real speed is shown.

Let us not forget that the LMP2 machines are quite well known to the teams and therefore on pace almost instantly. Neither Toyota nor Alpine really know their new car around Spa and will require some run in time.
[QUOTE=CTD;4048258]I will say it a bit bluntly, but have people already forgotten the farce of the Ford GT sandbagging!?

What happened with Ford GT?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 12:27 (Ref:4048262)   #385
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
[QUOTE=greenmachinets040;4048261]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post

What happened with Ford GT?
The short sum up, was that Ford sandbagged the pace of the GT heavily in the two first rounds of the WEC, only to have the BoP changed before Le Mans and winning it.
The article here sums it up, included reaction from Ford themselves:
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...g-allegations/
Old 28 Apr 2021, 12:51 (Ref:4048268)   #386
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Graham has confirmed no adjustments before the race

https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status...513816578?s=19
Old 28 Apr 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4048273)   #387
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
[QUOTE=CTD;4048262]
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenmachinets040 View Post
The short sum up, was that Ford sandbagged the pace of the GT heavily in the two first rounds of the WEC, only to have the BoP changed before Le Mans and winning it.
The article here sums it up, included reaction from Ford themselves:
https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...g-allegations/

Ahh, I understand now. Seems like Ford have already had answers for all the potential questions coming up.

thank you!
Old 28 Apr 2021, 13:07 (Ref:4048274)   #388
greenmachinets040
Racer

Serbia
Backa Topola
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Graham has confirmed no adjustments before the race

https://twitter.com/dsceditor/status...513816578?s=19
I am not a expert on it, but it seems st.pid.

Well, let s see if they were right.

What the most important is: the top category should win races BASED ON SHEER PACE, not on pit rules and fuel tank capacities.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 13:21 (Ref:4048277)   #389
Napolis
Veteran

Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!Napolis is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
I am not a expert on it, but it seems st.pid.

Well, let s see if they were right.

What the most important is: the top category should win races BASED ON SHEER PACE, not on pit rules and fuel tank capacities.
We're not as slow as they are and they're not as slow as they are.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 13:27 (Ref:4048279)   #390
WyldStallion
Veteran

WyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWyldStallion should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I think fans should complain. Top category is top category. A big mistake happened from the organisational body.

Anyways, it would be interesting what would happen on saturday if the leave things as they are now.
I think the Toyotas will win overall over the LMP2 class winner by somewhere between 1 min 30 seconds to 2 laps. Driver quality will win out. Plus I bet LMP2 cars don't go as far on fuel either. First 2 hours will be very fun to watch.

Also I think Corvette has a chance to win GTE. They are great executioners of race strategy. They have the C8 figured out now. Watch for them to win for sure. I think Antonio Garcia is the best driver in the GT grid.

Last edited by WyldStallion; 28 Apr 2021 at 13:32.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4048283)   #391
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
I sort of saw this coming, between the portly weight of LMH and the fact that BOP was introduced into the class this year (EOT was basically BOP as of last season).

This is possibly Toyota playing BOP games with LMP2, let alone Alpine. I sort of also call bullcrap on Toyota claiming that they can't go down much in terms of weight. I'd bet that the GR010 is heavily ballasted to meet 1030+kgs. Is it heavier than the base TS050? Sure, but it's not like they can't take ballast out of the car if the ACO call for it.

I can obviously see Toyota not being happy on spending millions of dollars to develop a car that as of now is barely faster than a LMP2 car that costs significantly less money and is an off the shelf car that anyone with a big enough check book can buy.

But, how much of that is their own making to milk the BOP system (which Graham thinks Toyota are to some degree, both between LMP2 and within LMH), and how much of it is down to the ACO making LMH cars so heavy? Some drivers have said observing the Toyotas that the big reason they seem slower in sector 2 is the weight they have to carry.

If there's no or little sandbagging going on, who got their sums wrong? Toyota? The ACO?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 15:16 (Ref:4048295)   #392
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I’m very glad we’re all losing our minds over a test. We all know as sports car enthusiasts that firm judgements can always be made about test. Tests are always truth. In fact what can you find out from a race you can’t find out from a test?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 15:17 (Ref:4048296)   #393
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
I sort of saw this coming, between the portly weight of LMH and the fact that BOP was introduced into the class this year (EOT was basically BOP as of last season).

This is possibly Toyota playing BOP games with LMP2, let alone Alpine. I sort of also call bullcrap on Toyota claiming that they can't go down much in terms of weight. I'd bet that the GR010 is heavily ballasted to meet 1030+kgs. Is it heavier than the base TS050? Sure, but it's not like they can't take ballast out of the car if the ACO call for it.

I can obviously see Toyota not being happy on spending millions of dollars to develop a car that as of now is barely faster than a LMP2 car that costs significantly less money and is an off the shelf car that anyone with a big enough check book can buy.

But, how much of that is their own making to milk the BOP system (which Graham thinks Toyota are to some degree, both between LMP2 and within LMH), and how much of it is down to the ACO making LMH cars so heavy? Some drivers have said observing the Toyotas that the big reason they seem slower in sector 2 is the weight they have to carry.

If there's no or little sandbagging going on, who got their sums wrong? Toyota? The ACO?

Definitely inclined to agree with you that those cars are heavily ballasted. I'd be well and truly shook if they cannot easily drop the car to under 1000kg tbh.

Still a travesty on the part of the ACO to have made LMH cars that heavy though. Ridiculous.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 15:31 (Ref:4048301)   #394
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post

Could it be that until a great many more manufacturers come forward with their hypercar projectiles, the FIA/ACO need to ensure that privateers with LMP2's need to be kept very very interested to continue racing?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 16:15 (Ref:4048315)   #395
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
I’m very glad we’re all losing our minds over a test. We all know as sports car enthusiasts that firm judgements can always be made about test. Tests are always truth. In fact what can you find out from a race you can’t find out from a test?
Amen
Old 28 Apr 2021, 17:10 (Ref:4048324)   #396
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
All I can say is that either the ACO screwed up or Toyota and Alpine seriously have some cards they're not showing. Same thing always happens when BOP gets thrown in to the mix. I do believe that Graham is right in that Toyota especially are trying to game the system. To what extent or why is unclear.

But I should've known that when BOP was declared by the ACO to be part of LMH, we should've seen it coming. BOP is a double edged sword. It stifles development because there's not much incentive in doing so (especially as the ACO also declared once a car's homologated outside of joker updates no major changes can be made for 5 seasons), and teams will try and game the system for their benefit.

Of course, open rules aren't much better, as that'll for sure create haves and have nots. But at least it can be argued then that's the natural order.

Nevertheless, for me as a fan, it's frustrating to see teams playing games instead of possibly running to their full potential. Maybe LMH has issues, but it's up to the ACO to make LMHs quicker, not hamper the LMP2s further than they are already.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:12 (Ref:4048339)   #397
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Yep, I mean, we know that teams (especially manufacturers) always show their full potential at a test, right? Personally, I expect normal service to be resumed, at Le Mans, if not before...... Can someone give me a hand with these goalposts?
Old 28 Apr 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4048350)   #398
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
EXACTLY what he said. How has this forum turned in to full faith and believers that EITHER LMH classed car was running flat out? It's complete and utter garbage to think that was flat out pace and if you believe it was and things need to change, well the phrase dumber than a paper bag comes to mind. Amazingly come race day Toyota will end up winning by a margin and if Alpine has the same knuckleheads running this as F1 a frites wrapper will get stuck and block something to make the car fail and whimper in to the garage. Only a few laps after they had seen it and could have taken the time to remove it at the stop that had just occurred, better slightly longer stop and still running that quick stop and zero points.
Old 28 Apr 2021, 20:07 (Ref:4048364)   #399
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
EXACTLY what he said. How has this forum turned in to full faith and believers that EITHER LMH classed car was running flat out? It's complete and utter garbage to think that was flat out pace and if you believe it was and things need to change, well the phrase dumber than a paper bag comes to mind. Amazingly come race day Toyota will end up winning by a margin and if Alpine has the same knuckleheads running this as F1 a frites wrapper will get stuck and block something to make the car fail and whimper in to the garage. Only a few laps after they had seen it and could have taken the time to remove it at the stop that had just occurred, better slightly longer stop and still running that quick stop and zero points.
Welcome to the glass half full club......
Old 28 Apr 2021, 20:22 (Ref:4048365)   #400
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oh, it's half full but not likely of a good thing.

But then I'll watch whatever is on the track and appreciate the fun of racing. Hell we watched a Ford ZX2, Nissan D21 hardbody, Mazdas and a guy in a seriously misfiring MG Midget race 3 times this weekend. Yup, they were the same class with a couple Ginetta G4s, Corvair, Mini, Morgans, B and Midgets and a FAST Spitfre that ran all weekend without electrical issues, I know surprised as well. And a 78 year old guy turn 1:15 laps around Road Atlanta in a Judd V10 powered Panoz DP09, the Champcar that ran in period with a Cosworth. (FYI, that slots in just ahead of GTLM)