Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:44 (Ref:4055562)   #776
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, got it to, finally my membership for this year is worthwhile.Now for the diffucult choice, to go or not to go.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4055563)   #777
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Will I go for the refund, or get my usual 3 Tertre Rouge tickets and sell them on to keep my "seniority" at the Tourist Office?
Or maybe that has already been defenestrated since Nadine's departure?
I doubt that you will get any tickets from the Tourist Office. In fact, I'm certain you won't.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:01 (Ref:4055567)   #778
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i will go for tickets and keep fingers crossed. as nothing open until wednesday we can use the 5 day saver on the tunnel as well.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4055569)   #779
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I doubt that you will get any tickets from the Tourist Office. In fact, I'm certain you won't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemans.com site View Post
If you are holding a 2020 voucher, your order will be processed automatically before tickets go on sale based on your 2020 voucher and adapted to the 2021 organisation.
I am holder of a 2020 voucher, because of my order through the Tourist Office, so I don't see why my order won't be adapted to the the 2021 organisation through the Tourist Office?
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:04 (Ref:4055570)   #780
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yeah, I reckon someone's in for a rocket for putting that up before any announcement has been made....
Nah their digital stuff is always a bit poorly rolled out. It's like they've never done any of this before!!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:09 (Ref:4055571)   #781
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So how do non-French get around the 'French Health Passport' stipulation?
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:23 (Ref:4055574)   #782
Le Vieux
Veteran

Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!Le Vieux has a real shot at the podium!
I've received an e-mail from the ACO informing me that tickets will go on sale on Monday 21st June from 10.00h CEST.

The detail:

After a 2020 edition behind closed doors, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which will take place on August 21 and 22, 2021, are preparing to welcome spectators again. The general public ticket office will open on Monday June 21 at 10 a.m. ACO members will be able to reserve their tickets as of June 17 at 10 a.m.

Unmissable and iconic event in the FIA ??competition calendar, the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which will start on Saturday August 21 at 4 p.m., will welcome a large audience (subject to government decisions). This 89th edition, 4th round of the FIA ??World Endurance Championship (WEC) and which marks the start of the Hypercar era, will take place in the presence of spectators. Places will be limited.

Around 50,000 people will be able to attend the event (20% of the usual tonnage), which will use the health pass put in place by the State since June 9. This gauge, associated with the use of the sanitary pass, will make it possible to organize a safe and quality event.

The Test Day (Sunday August 15) as well as the administrative checks (Saturday August 14) will not be accessible to the public.

The circuit will welcome the public from Wednesday August 18, when the first free practice will take place. Several reception areas and parking lots will be available.

Entrance will be free for children under 16 (free stand for children under 8).

Due to the still unstable health context, the 24 Hours of Le Mans will not host concerts or funfair this year. Several activities will be offered to the public to make this reunion an exceptional moment.

In the event of cancellation of the event or in camera decreed by the authorities, all spectators will be reimbursed.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4055576)   #783
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The ACO will need to quickly state whether non French and non EU visitors can attend the race prior to tickets going on sale.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:35 (Ref:4055578)   #784
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the French contain of the message, can anyone post the English version in order to compare ?

LA BILLETTERIE "MEMBRES" OUVRE LE 17 JUIN 2021 !
Chers Membres,
Dès le 17 juin prochain, nous vous offrons la possibilité d'acheter en avant-première vos places pour venir assister aux prochaines 24 Heures du Mans qui se dérouleront le 21 & 22 août prochains. Nous voulions vous récompenser de votre fidélité en vous proposant cette ouverture billetterie exceptionnelle. Les places seront limitées mais heureusement, vous aurez 4 jours pour bénéficier de cette offre inédite !

At the end of the message :

PROCÉDURE REMBOURSEMENT
Si vous disposez d'un avoir, votre commande sera gérée automatiquement en amont de l'ouverture par le service billetterie sur la base de votre avoir 2020 et adaptée au format d'organisation 2021.

Vous disposez d'un avoir billetterie 24 Heures du Mans 2020 et êtes indisponible a cette date ? Rendez-vous sur le formulaire ci-dessous pour effectuer votre demande de remboursement.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:41 (Ref:4055580)   #785
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think there's anything unique to the English language messaging right now. Nothing to say we can't buy tickets, but surely they must realise the issues in place. Hopefully it's something the likes of GG, RSL etc - people with contacts at the ACO - can chase up on behalf of British fans.

"MEMBERS" TICKETING SERVICE OPENS ON 17 JUNE 2021!

On 17 June, we are offering you the chance to be the first to buy your tickets for the forthcoming 24 Hours of Le Mans which will be held on 21 & 22 August. We wanted to reward you for your loyalty by offering you this exceptional opportunity. There are very few places, but fortunately you have 4 days to take advantage of this unprecedented offer!

REFUND PROCEDURE
Your voucher remains valid after 1st June to purchase 2021 Le Mans 24 Hours tickets.
If you are holding a 2020 voucher, your order will be processed automatically before tickets go on sale based on your 2020 voucher and adapted to the 2021 organization.
Voucher holders who cannot attend the race on 21-22 August 2021 can apply for a refund now!
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4055582)   #786
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I am holder of a 2020 voucher, because of my order through the Tourist Office, so I don't see why my order won't be adapted to the the 2021 organisation through the Tourist Office?
You will be able to use your voucher, but if you are not a ACO member, you will have to wait till sales open to non ACOmembers. I doubt they will outsell to ACO members, you should be fine.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 16:58 (Ref:4055583)   #787
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
So how do non-French get around the 'French Health Passport' stipulation?
There should be a European vaccination 'passport' /app by the end of june. I assume also GB citizens will be able to use that........ or not..... after Brexit. Also In think a negatieve test, or proof you already went through covid will do although at the moment it doesn't say so.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4055584)   #788
Number7
Racer

Denmark
Copenhagen
Number7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am not sure what this means:

If you are holding a 2020 voucher, your order will be processed automatically before tickets go on sale based on your 2020 voucher and adapted to the 2021 organization.
Voucher holders who cannot attend the race on 21-22 August 2021 can apply for a refund now!

I have a voucher - will I automatically receive tickets without doing anything?
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:20 (Ref:4055589)   #789
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Newbie here and planning to go this year with my son(suprirse) who finished his exams (and will be 18 by then). I've been monitoring the official site the whole day but to no avail and just got the mail with ticketing starting 21 june.

With only 50000 visitors (and me wanting to go), I'm wandering if I should become a ACO member (to make sure we get in and buy tickets on 17 June). Some questions I have:
1) Do both me and my son needs to be a ACO member?
2) Discounts will not be valid (for me) this year, but next year onwards (as ACO member). Is this correct?
3) Are there any worthwhile extra's I should book when becoming a member?
4) Any chance on getting seats on T17, T18?
5) As ACO member (and if available) are there any preferred campings (didn't look into this yet)?

Any help would be welcome.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:46 (Ref:4055595)   #790
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As an ACO member you will get 2 discounted tickets, so that just about covers the cost of aco membership, once details are known about arrangements then grandstands may be linked to certain area's if the village idea is used. However that all depends on if you are camping or staying away from the circuit. The t17 t18 grandstands are for aco members and likely o be the first to sell out as most of the members who had those grandstand tickets for 2020 are likely to still want them. However the other grandstands are good, personally i have never used the grandstands preferring to watch the start finish away from the start/finish line which is always very full. This year will, what ever happens, be very different to the normal le mans but i hope you do get sorted. Once to go to one le mans the virus (not covid) infects you and 37 years later i have never recovered from it and apart from last year i have only missed 1 race since 1985.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:48 (Ref:4055596)   #791
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Sorry forgot camping, best campsites are hard to get, everyone has different ideas, but best once are Tertre Rouge, Maison Blanche, Houx in my opinion.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4055599)   #792
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
There should be a European vaccination 'passport' /app by the end of june. I assume also GB citizens will be able to use that........ or not..... after Brexit. Also In think a negatieve test, or proof you already went through covid will do although at the moment it doesn't say so.
The French "health passport" (pass sanitaire) isn't a specific document, it just refers to proof of vaccination, a recent test or antibodies. In theory any Brit would be able to provide these through vaccination record on NHS app (which can be printed out) and/or test results. However, there's no guarantee at the moment that the NHS app will be accepted in France as proof of vaccination and there might be other specific requirements around testing procedures.

https://www.gouvernement.fr/pass-san...-vos-questions

I'm not going this year, but if I was I'd be very wary of buying tickets on 17th June without some much more specific detail from ACO about exactly what is acceptable as a "pass sanitaire" for Brits.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 18:19 (Ref:4055604)   #793
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7 View Post

I am also curious about this.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4055605)   #794
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Yes, got it to, finally my membership for this year is worthwhile.Now for the diffucult choice, to go or not to go.
And now that I'm thinking of this again, I'm not correct, for us members ticket office always opens earlier.

Last edited by whitemr2; 10 Jun 2021 at 18:39.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 18:25 (Ref:4055606)   #795
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i suspect the ACO will be flooded with questions tomorrow
Old 10 Jun 2021, 19:11 (Ref:4055617)   #796
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
You will be able to use your voucher, but if you are not a ACO member, you will have to wait till sales open to non ACOmembers. I doubt they will outsell to ACO members, you should be fine.
Quote:
I am also an ACO member of course, but got my tickets through the Tourist Office.
Old 10 Jun 2021, 20:03 (Ref:4055622)   #797
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
I am also an ACO member of course, but got my tickets through the Tourist Office.
If you got your ACO discount I think you are fine, that means you have ACO membership tickets
Old 11 Jun 2021, 06:16 (Ref:4055659)   #798
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've just tried a UK Vaccination QR Code on the French 'tous anti covid' apps linked above and neither of them recognise it (yet?)
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:48 (Ref:4055675)   #799
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number7 View Post

I asked the question two years ago to the ACO. Automatically means that you will receive tickets at the adress you gave.
But I'm not certain we will have the same seats or the same grandstand, depending on the specific 2021 organization.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 07:50 (Ref:4055677)   #800
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Sorry forgot camping, best campsites are hard to get, everyone has different ideas, but best once are Tertre Rouge, Maison Blanche, Houx in my opinion.
But clearly, they won't all be open. I suspect that you'll be OK with Tertre Rouge though.

And taking Pascal's point, if all of the campsites and grandstands are not open, anyone who has tickets/vouchers already will presumably be at the mercy of the ACO as to where they are allocated. I don't think anyone can assume that they will be allocated the campsite or grandstand that they had originally booked. Presumably the ACO will want to check with voucher holders that they are indeed intending to go before they issue any tickets. I still don't see any of this being handled by the tourist office. I think the ACO will have to keep very tight control over the issuing of tickets.