Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 19 Jul 2021, 09:37 (Ref:4062039)   #1201
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you James, bella, Geoff. Great information.
Also gutted to hear that about attending JM. Although there's a big chance many of us will still be joining you on those Morrisons Mergz.

I think as bella says, taking a kit and testing yourself at the earliest possible opportunity for departure is the move here.

I'd agree with Anyopenroad too - some key info being shared in here. Not the place for post padding.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:01 (Ref:4062043)   #1202
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
I know we're an 'International' forum, but I'm going to post a few links for Brits who intend to go:

Red, amber and green list rules for entering England

UK government France travel advice

London French Consulate advice for travel between the UK and France

Now, the big question for me is where in Le Mans can I get the necessary Covid test for returning to the UK, and what is the procedure. I'm hoping the pharmacy in the local village to where we stay may be able to provide a suitable test with immediate result (antigen?) early on the Monday morning after the race...we usually leave our accommodation late morning.

I'm wondering if Bella (most likely), Eric, Pascal, Gerard, Christopher or anyone else can advise?

Thank you!
Your best bet seems to be Pharmacie Flotté-Couilleaux Avenue de Bonen, 72230 Mulsanne. You can book your test with them on line using this link: https://www.doctolib.fr/pharmacie/mu...tte-couilleaux
You'll need to set up a doctolib account I think.
Have fun at the race by the way!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:36 (Ref:4062048)   #1203
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Question for myself, which you never know might be helpful to clear up things for others. I might wish to travel down on Wednesday by train, from London to Le Mans, then return Monday the same way. I am double vaxxed a long time ago. Does anyone know the current rulings on what i need to do to get out of UK and into France, and then back from France to UK?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 10:55 (Ref:4062063)   #1204
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
Question for myself, which you never know might be helpful to clear up things for others. I might wish to travel down on Wednesday by train, from London to Le Mans, then return Monday the same way. I am double vaxxed a long time ago. Does anyone know the current rulings on what i need to do to get out of UK and into France, and then back from France to UK?
All the info you need is in the links in post #1194
Old 19 Jul 2021, 11:16 (Ref:4062069)   #1205
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
so, in summary, as it stands:

if you're double vaccinated and british at the moment you will need:
- your vaccination paperwork to get into france
- POTENTIALLY a covid test if the uk certificates aren't accepted on their own as a substitute for the pass sanitaire to collect your tickets or passes. the event has stated there will be test facilities there, the cost for non-french people is as yet unclear. standby for further details on that one.
- an antigen/pcr covid test dated within 72 hrs of the start of your crossing/eurostar departure/flight for the return journey.
- you'll need to isolate on your return to the uk for 10 days, do a day 2 and 8 test.

if you aren't vaccinated you will need:
- a valid reason to get into france that isn't tourism.
- a pcr/antigen test dated within 24 hours of your departure for france.
- you must isolate for 7 days on arrival

french source: https://www.gouvernement.fr/info-cor...ces-a-partager
english source: https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/france

if you've got any questions no matter how big or small please feel free to ask them. i've done a bit of this backwards and forwards with short and longer duration trips, and you also have several french residents here who can advise further too.

Last edited by bella; 19 Jul 2021 at 11:24.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:10 (Ref:4062110)   #1206
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Wow, fantastic info everyone, great team effort, thank you very much!

If there is going to be a circuit test facility which will issue an official written/printed certificate of proof of a negative (hopefully ) test result, that's probably going to be most convenient, done at some point on Saturday between the end of the Masters Endurance Legends race and the beginning of the start procedure for the race proper. Otherwise, if it were possible to book an appointment for a test at the pharmacy in Saint-Saturnin on the Monday morning, that would be ideal...the Mulsanne one, Christopher, is obviously south of Le Mans and our digs are north of Le Mans. We'll check out the Saint-Saturnin one on arrival in Le Mans, it's just next door to the bar we frequent.

Excellent summary, Bella, thank you very much!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 13:31 (Ref:4062122)   #1207
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Your best bet seems to be Pharmacie Flotté-Couilleaux Avenue de Bonen, 72230 Mulsanne. You can book your test with them on line using this link: https://www.doctolib.fr/pharmacie/mu...tte-couilleaux
You'll need to set up a doctolib account I think.
Have fun at the race by the way!
Success, Christopher, I think, as it appears our pharmacy in Saint-Saturnin also offers antigen testing by appointment.

https://www.pharmacie-saint-saturnin.fr/
Old 19 Jul 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4062149)   #1208
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Success, Christopher, I think, as it appears our pharmacy in Saint-Saturnin also offers antigen testing by appointment.

https://www.pharmacie-saint-saturnin.fr/
That's great!
I'd forgotten that you'd be north of le Mans, but you've found what we were looking for, so result!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:17 (Ref:4062165)   #1209
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
for what it’s worth, elms and wec organise at circuit testing for the paddock every event. at monza it was being looked after by eurofins who are pretty massive, so i suspect there will be some sort of scaled up facility for spectators who need it.

this is what tenths is good at
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:47 (Ref:4062172)   #1210
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
/offtopic

Has the 2022 date been confirmed as 11-12 June?

/sorry
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:50 (Ref:4062173)   #1211
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
/offtopic

Has the 2022 date been confirmed as 11-12 June?

/sorry

Yes. https://lemansrace.com/motorsport-ev...mans-24-hours/
Old 19 Jul 2021, 16:57 (Ref:4062175)   #1212
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep. Ferry re-booked already.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4062177)   #1213
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep. Ferry re-booked already.
Erm...are you sure the dates have actually been confirmed? I thought those were just the assumed/predicted dates...?
Old 19 Jul 2021, 17:05 (Ref:4062178)   #1214
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Waiting for Travel Destinations to confirm but I'm booked.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 18:00 (Ref:4062189)   #1215
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Erm...are you sure the dates have actually been confirmed? I thought those were just the assumed/predicted dates...?
No, I'm sure they've been confirmed. They're certainly all over the internet. In any event, I needed to make the change or lose them!
Old 19 Jul 2021, 18:50 (Ref:4062201)   #1216
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Thanks to everyone who has posted info about the technicalities of covid testing, we will need to know exactly what to do in 4 weeks if all goes to plan. slowly getting excited especially after the great race at monza.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 21:08 (Ref:4062227)   #1217
JoeW04
Veteran

JoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJoeW04 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Supposed to be doing the fun cup support race, each government seems to be chucking every hurdle in front of us atm
Old 19 Jul 2021, 21:15 (Ref:4062230)   #1218
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
for what it’s worth, elms and wec organise at circuit testing for the paddock every event. at monza it was being looked after by eurofins who are pretty massive, so i suspect there will be some sort of scaled up facility for spectators who need it.

this is what tenths is good at
Seems we have an account with Eurofins, thank you so much for that info.
Old 19 Jul 2021, 22:02 (Ref:4062238)   #1219
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
that might be a misdirect, it may be that the circuit organises the testing rather than the event organisers - paddock testing was done by a local lab at ricard for example. but they're certainly one of the companies who are best prepared to run a larger scale event testing programme.

in this kind of situation where things are changing all the time it feels like a good idea to have as many data points as possible so that it's easier to figure it out when they do finally decide.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 11:15 (Ref:4062327)   #1220
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Slightly off topic, but for those not going Brian at 1st tickets appears to have a nice solution for those wanting the camping experience!
https://1st-tickets.co.uk/event/stay-mans-2021
Old 20 Jul 2021, 13:12 (Ref:4062341)   #1221
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Slightly off topic, but for those not going Brian at 1st tickets appears to have a nice solution for those wanting the camping experience!
https://1st-tickets.co.uk/event/stay-mans-2021
I think Vince posted that link in post #1180 and there was some discussion about the price
Old 20 Jul 2021, 13:19 (Ref:4062345)   #1222
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It seems there will be a decent crowd at least and there are reasons to believe next year will see a return to the previous capacity crowds or at least close to
Old 20 Jul 2021, 13:33 (Ref:4062355)   #1223
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It seems there will be a decent crowd at least and there are reasons to believe next year will see a return to the previous capacity crowds or at least close to
As long as it's +1 next year, I'll be content.
Old 20 Jul 2021, 19:45 (Ref:4062437)   #1224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Wise Man…
Old 20 Jul 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4062439)   #1225
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Wise Man…
There are times right now when I need convincing of that......