Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 21 Jul 2021, 05:46 (Ref:4062478)   #1226
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I see your point… In this modern world we are asked to make up our mind about vaccination our reasoning being based on fake news, true lies, stupid rumors, facts… This "only" concerns our health and lives.
Sometimes I feel we're bathed into an immense syllogism. Where is Aristote? He could tell us if its good to be wise in a mad world… Remember that if you're declared insane in a "normal" world, they frame you!
Old 21 Jul 2021, 07:53 (Ref:4062490)   #1227
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
...and there are reasons to believe next year will see a return to the previous capacity crowds or at least close to
I think we were saying the same thing last year.

I suspect that whatever the 2022 edition looks like will be how it will be forever more. (eg. Negative tests needed for international travel)
Old 21 Jul 2021, 08:36 (Ref:4062497)   #1228
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yep the situation last year was much the same and look how that turned out.

Politicians are prone to making on the spot choices that, they think, will make them popular and that never chances. However eventually things must change as the world can not keep living in the fear created by anyone or anything.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 08:39 (Ref:4062499)   #1229
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is a good point though isn't it. This time last year I was reconciled to watching on TV but thought people were downright stupid to be talking about problems in 2021 as well. I think Guy is right, negative Covid tests are likely to be a feature of travel abroad for a long time.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 08:51 (Ref:4062501)   #1230
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Very hard to do that in europe were there are no borders really, for an it should be easier but then again more people arrived on the beaches of kent yesterday than flew into Gatwick, so pretty pointless really.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 15:24 (Ref:4062546)   #1231
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So it seems Derek Bell is the Grand PooBar this year.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 15:37 (Ref:4062550)   #1232
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Here's some good news for those going to the race, needing a French health pass.
You can now cpnvert your NHS vaccine certificate to a French one and save a lot of hassle
The link:
https://www.thelocal.fr/20210720/rev...-pass/?order=2
Old 21 Jul 2021, 16:29 (Ref:4062565)   #1233
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Here's some good news for those going to the race, needing a French health pass.
You can now cpnvert your NHS vaccine certificate to a French one and save a lot of hassle
The link:
That's quite a key piece falling into place right there. Thanks for the update. Will mean less explaining and potential for confusion on entry - if we can get into the country prior to that...

I just tried and can confirm this works. Although I think everyone's UK QR codes on the app updated yesterday and it's now split into two parts which is new I think. So you have to upload both halves into the French app but you get a nice confirmation at the end and they are there in your wallet within the app.

Only small snag I can see is that the UK QR codes are set to expire/update on Friday 20 August, which (of course!) falls during race week. So people will need to screenshot the code in the app, email or Airdrop it to another phone, then scan it with the Healthpass App.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 16:36 (Ref:4062566)   #1234
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
your nhs code renews on the nhs app every time you log in, and the paper one renews every time you generate the pdf.

the two seperate codes iirc are the same.

the organisers have indicated that they’re in dialogue with the top frogs to get the working pass holders isolation exemptions so that’s something too. good day for movement on the entire logistics front!
Old 21 Jul 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4062569)   #1235
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Only small snag I can see is that the UK QR codes are set to expire/update on Friday 20 August.
The pass lasts 30 days from when you generate it. So login and go through the menus on the app again nearer the time to be sure your code lasts your whole trip.

Edit: bella just said the same thing, sorry for doubling up.
Old 21 Jul 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4062588)   #1236
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
The link:
Great spot, Christopher, all loaded successfully, but we're a few days away from QR code being current for race weekend and the Monday return journey... will reload certificates again in a few days.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 07:29 (Ref:4062619)   #1237
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ahhh yeah I definitely misunderstood the concept of the codes expiring. Thanks team.

It really is fantastic news and in theory saves us from potentially having to get a PCR every 48 hours. Midweek Motorsport gave some travel advice for people last night but weren't aware of this news, so painted a much grimmer picture.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 08:11 (Ref:4062623)   #1238
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
yeah, it's a big help, if not financial then ballache.

it reads a bit like the code will time out on the TAC app anyway in 3 days, so you may well need to scan it again. i'd recommend taking a print out of the certificate with you anyway - it saves faff to have a few things on paper if you're having to produce multiple documents from your phone at border control.

with regards to returning to the uk, something i do is pack a few nhs lateral flow tests in my bag just to keep an eye on my status. it means if i do wake up feeling lousy i can make sure i'm fine without having to mess about going through official channels or finding a pharmacy, and also make sure there's no awkward surprises when it comes to the pcr test to go home with.

you'll need a proper disposable surgical style or ffp3 mask for the flying or boat part of your journey - personally i've switched to those since the mask rules have been relaxed and peoples behaviours have changed anyway. fabric ones are only really effective as an outgoing filter, as it were. i would definitely recommend wearing one in crowded areas at the circuit - this thing really does spread wildly easily when it gets busy, outdoors or in, and it's a bigger issue for us brits needing a negative result to get into the uk than it is for locals.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 11:51 (Ref:4062668)   #1239
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
short Info for non- French but EU citizens:
I was able to upload my native (Hungarian) EU-CovidPass QR code into the French App 'tousanticovid'. It accepted it and displays it as valide with a green hook. So all fine, it will be valid to enter the venue.
I know the majority here is from the other side of the channel but still I hope it helps for some of you.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 12:02 (Ref:4062670)   #1240
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
...ballache.
And what would YOU know about that?

This is what happens when gals start playing in a man's world...

...and now I think I better run...fast...very fast...
Old 22 Jul 2021, 12:05 (Ref:4062671)   #1241
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
I place my bet on Bella, i meet her on tertre rouge some years ago and you are dead James She might be generous and give you a ten second start.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 12:10 (Ref:4062672)   #1242
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
yeah, it's a big help, if not financial then ballache.

it reads a bit like the code will time out on the TAC app anyway in 3 days, so you may well need to scan it again. i'd recommend taking a print out of the certificate with you anyway - it saves faff to have a few things on paper if you're having to produce multiple documents from your phone at border control.

with regards to returning to the uk, something i do is pack a few nhs lateral flow tests in my bag just to keep an eye on my status. it means if i do wake up feeling lousy i can make sure i'm fine without having to mess about going through official channels or finding a pharmacy, and also make sure there's no awkward surprises when it comes to the pcr test to go home with.

you'll need a proper disposable surgical style or ffp3 mask for the flying or boat part of your journey - personally i've switched to those since the mask rules have been relaxed and peoples behaviours have changed anyway. fabric ones are only really effective as an outgoing filter, as it were. i would definitely recommend wearing one in crowded areas at the circuit - this thing really does spread wildly easily when it gets busy, outdoors or in, and it's a bigger issue for us brits needing a negative result to get into the uk than it is for locals.
That's some great info there, Bella, I had no idea the disposable surgical type masks were mandatory on ferries, nor that the TousAntiCovid app would need a refresh every 3 days. Thank you!

This preparation for the possibility of travelling to France in a few weeks is a very strange experience. I'd consider myself generally quite well travelled, and Le Mans I've done umpteen times, but right now I'm feeling like this is my first ever trip abroad.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 12:32 (Ref:4062675)   #1243
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
And what would YOU know about that?

This is what happens when gals start playing in a man's world...

...and now I think I better run...fast...very fast...
imagine how big a ballache it is if i think it’s a ballache when i don’t have balls to ache in the first place

(you do indeed have a ten second head start. on your marks )
Quote:
That's some great info there, Bella, I had no idea the disposable surgical type masks were mandatory on ferries, nor that the TousAntiCovid app would need a refresh every 3 days. Thank you!

This preparation for the possibility of travelling to France in a few weeks is a very strange experience. I'd consider myself generally quite well travelled, and Le Mans I've done umpteen times, but right now I'm feeling like this is my first ever trip abroad.
they’re mandatory on most flights (i’ve only ever seen it enforced at gatwick) and ferries just ask for a face covering. but to be fair i wouldn’t chance it with the cross section of people you get on the channel! especially if your ferry crossing is 7 days before you’re due for a test to come back to the uk it’s about smart risk management isn’t it?

the TAC app refresh is just a hunch - it says it displays certificates from within the last 3 days so i’m thinking maybe we might need to nudge it again with our unclean british certificates

and i very much agree about feeling like a travel newbie. my first flight in 15 months was with a bunch of guys for work and boy was i glad they had some semblance of an idea what was going on! my method is always to learn as much as possible beforehand and have everything ready at all times. a little plastic folder is obligatory nowadays!

Last edited by bella; 22 Jul 2021 at 12:48.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 13:39 (Ref:4062682)   #1244
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
The number of infected people is rising at a worrying rate now buuuuut… the fully vaccinated person seem to bee out of reach ATM. Hope its not only a bad trick played by our politicians though but seems serious.
The way our sanitary pass is handled and checked is improving each day.

You're right Bentley (your bol**cks thingy apart!) it could be your first travel abroad in those so particular circumstances. Sure you'll find some excitement! Keep "everything" busy!!!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 14:24 (Ref:4062687)   #1245
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Actually, the works on the public roads of circuit de la Sarthe are almost finished ??
But I noticed that the grass is not mowed yet at the public area of Mulsanne corner. Maybe finally spectators will not allowed at Mulsanne ?
Old 22 Jul 2021, 15:01 (Ref:4062696)   #1246
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, I've heard mention of access to Indianapolis and Arnage but not Mulsanne.......?

Having said that, IMO, the Indianapolis/Arnage access is significantly more important as the viewing is so much better there.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 15:08 (Ref:4062701)   #1247
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Pack semaine + tribune 04 Panorama gives access to Mulsanne:
https://ticket.lemans.org/fr/24h-lemans/autre/22
But agreed, the Indianapolis corner isa great place!
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4062714)   #1248
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Pack semaine + tribune 04 Panorama gives access to Mulsanne:
https://ticket.lemans.org/fr/24h-lemans/autre/22
But agreed, the Indianapolis corner isa great place!
I've been told by the ticket office staff on several occasions that the Mulsanne enclosure would be open, and I'm really hoping so, because this is their new remodelled spectator area for this year.

I was quite taken aback to learn yesterday that the Chapelle ACO members enclosure would be in operation, I was certain it would fall foul of necessary cost cutting measures this year.
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:30 (Ref:4062715)   #1249
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
I place my bet on Bella, i meet her on tertre rouge some years ago and you are dead James She might be generous and give you a ten second start.
I'll consider myself warned then, Simon, and just have to hope she doesn't slap, scratch, bite and pinch like a girl if she ever catches me...
Old 22 Jul 2021, 16:31 (Ref:4062716)   #1250
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I've been told by the ticket office staff on several occasions that the Mulsanne enclosure would be open, and I'm really hoping so, because this is their new remodelled spectator area for this year.

I was quite taken aback to learn yesterday that the Chapelle ACO members enclosure would be in operation, I was certain it would fall foul of necessary cost cutting measures this year.
Yes but you have to pay 40 euro's to gain access even for members