Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 4 Aug 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4065353)   #401
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I have the Fraichard book somewhere.....
Old 7 Aug 2021, 13:43 (Ref:4065724)   #402
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well the "le mans story" did not take long, a really interesting book and must admit some stuff i had not been aware of before, hard going if you are not interested in underlying numbers of the early years but was obviously a good read as only took 3 days to finish it in small chunks.
Old 7 Aug 2021, 13:49 (Ref:4065727)   #403
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
…The Le mans story by Georges Fraichard and includes reports of the 1953 and 1954 races so should be really good especially for a jaguar fan like me.
I’ve just bought. No cover, and very average spec., but cheap.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 20:39 (Ref:4065830)   #404
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve just bought. No cover, and very average spec., but cheap.
Found what looks like a reasonable edition for £7 on Abe Books so marking that it's a Sunday evening having dined well I've ordered, which presumably means I'll need to recurate my racing bookshelves again soon.
Old 8 Aug 2021, 21:20 (Ref:4065835)   #405
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A sudden rush on Fraichard then.....
Old 8 Aug 2021, 21:30 (Ref:4065843)   #406
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
A sudden rush on Fraichard then.....
I suspect there are a number of furrowed brows on second hand bookseller forums this week.
Old 26 Aug 2021, 18:02 (Ref:4070531)   #407
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would buy it if I could.
https://tmgsportsmemorabilia.com/pro...ore-start-flag
Old 26 Aug 2021, 19:36 (Ref:4070538)   #408
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Yes, I saw that when it was only up to about £700!
Old 26 Aug 2021, 20:44 (Ref:4070548)   #409
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I know the ACO are having to adjust to the lack of income but selling this years flag? price up to £113k so will fill a hole in the finances a little
Old 26 Aug 2021, 21:52 (Ref:4070559)   #410
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'd have gone for it, but I'd prefer to have a pair......
Old 27 Aug 2021, 20:19 (Ref:4070706)   #411
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
If you like Jan Magnussen, this can be yours:

https://janmagnussenracingshop.dk/sh...mans-638p.html
Old 28 Aug 2021, 04:14 (Ref:4070742)   #412
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I'd have gone for it, but I'd prefer to have a pair......
NOT because you have to, because you want two.....correct?

jimclark
Old 28 Aug 2021, 11:00 (Ref:4070758)   #413
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Undoubtedly!
Old 8 Apr 2022, 13:45 (Ref:4105829)   #414
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Anyone want a set of LM annuals from 1978 to 2008 (+ 2013) and several swaps......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/255477825...YAAOSwn3piG1G0
Old 14 May 2022, 09:40 (Ref:4109874)   #415
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Here's one for the Porsche LMP fans.......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284804068...oAAOSwGKZibVca
Old 14 May 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4109875)   #416
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Here's one for the Porsche LMP fans.......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284804068...oAAOSwGKZibVca
Any one who have been at Le Mans, know that carbonfiber pieces are not that hard to get a hold of .

I remember one year finding a bigger piece of one of the GTE BMWs on a track run. I believe Kenn's son still have it.
Old 16 May 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4110187)   #417
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Absolute bargain -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/294882225...IAAOSw~0RiPF-i
Old 16 May 2022, 12:06 (Ref:4110200)   #418
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Any one who have been at Le Mans, know that carbonfiber pieces are not that hard to get a hold of .

I remember one year finding a bigger piece of one of the GTE BMWs on a track run. I believe Kenn's son still have it.
The one that Johannes took home said FORD, so might not have been the BMW.
Old 16 May 2022, 14:57 (Ref:4110234)   #419
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpkorsager View Post
The one that Johannes took home said FORD, so might not have been the BMW.
I think you are right Kenn
Old 24 Jul 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4120348)   #420
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Club des Pilotes

I confess I knew little about the ACO's Club des Pilotes although I did know that the Singher grandstand had something to do with it as I'd seen the sign at the back of the grandstand for a few years now.

I found this article from DSC in 2014 when the clubhouse in the grandstand was opened.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2014/0...augurated.html

I record this as I've recently acquired a copy of the 2021-22 'Review' of the Club. I'm not entirely sure, but I assume that this review is generally only available to club members. It's a very smart 64 page booklet with articles in English and French about former Le Mans drivers. Really rather neat. I noticed that this is the 6th such review. It would be rather nice to get hold of the other five! (But as I've never seen one before, that sounds unilkely....).
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1507.JPG  
Old 24 Jul 2022, 16:06 (Ref:4120371)   #421
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Smart.

That reminds me. I need to look for that book of the 24hr posters you mentioned in another thread.
Old 24 Jul 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4120395)   #422
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Smart.

That reminds me. I need to look for that book of the 24hr posters you mentioned in another thread.
It's available direct from the ACO -

https://boutique.lemans.org/fr/libra...-des-24-h.html

or

https://www.rallyandracing.com/en/ra...cle-d-affiches

or

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/363886372...gAAOSwLyRiKjZk
Old 27 Jul 2022, 02:44 (Ref:4120618)   #423
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
thanks.

I tried to source over here in US. Have done, but just noticed that delivery has been delayed until next week now. Not that there is a rush.
Old 27 Jul 2022, 08:00 (Ref:4120627)   #424
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Worth the wait Adam.....
Old 29 Jul 2022, 08:39 (Ref:4120821)   #425
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I'm not sure that I ever mentioned buying this book - ,'Our Le Mans' , the story of the friendship that grew between Steve McQueen and Siegfried Rauch (Delaney/Stahler) during the making of 'Le Mans'. I picked it up a few months back for the princely sum of £14 (new) from Amazon. It's currently still on offer for £24.77 instead of £35. I've not got round to reading it yet, but there's a lot of interesting stuff in it, plus some great photographs.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1523.JPG