Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 6 Jun 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4113270)   #751
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Ah, sorry I misread the guidance.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 17:16 (Ref:4113277)   #752
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Ah, sorry I misread the guidance.
Just make sure you do not miss the ring road peter or the local fuz might issue a big fine
Old 6 Jun 2022, 17:21 (Ref:4113279)   #753
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks, I'm on the ring road according to the sat navigation routing so hopefully all good. Will find out Weds afternoon.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 18:08 (Ref:4113284)   #754
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just make sure you do not miss the ring road peter or the local fuz might issue a big fine
I'm sure you're joking Simon, but for the sake of clarity there is no question of private cars being subject to fine this month. The emission zone regulations in Rouen currently only apply to HGVs and commercial vans.
The law changes for Rouen on 1 September this year.
It actually affects me as I live only 35 miles north of Rouen and sometimes have to go there
Old 6 Jun 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4113287)   #755
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes in jest. the french rozzers would never catch peter in his superfasst jag anyway
Old 6 Jun 2022, 18:43 (Ref:4113289)   #756
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yes in jest. the french rozzers would never catch peter in his superfasst jag anyway
Just look out for a blue Alpine 110 in your mirrors, Pater.
I was caught by one a year or so ago, I reckon he was doing about 130 mph when I spotted him, fined me for doing 100 mph past a radar on the A75. Very polite, but firm.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 18:44 (Ref:4113290)   #757
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Jaaaag.

But it begs the question about next year, what's the alternative?
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:13 (Ref:4113299)   #758
Kpy
Veteran

As from 1 September 2022: If your vehicle runs on petrol and was first registered prior to 1 October1997, you will not be allowed into the zone. Fines for breach of regulations are €68 to €450.
For all vehicles registered after that date you will be allowed access with a Euro standard sticker class 1 available from https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
As you can see you can order from UK
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4113308)   #759
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I can use the Mach E (EV) but what route does one take if in a classic car (pre 1997).
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4113310)   #760
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
They are about too - on my first night coming back from the restaurant, I was breathalysed - for the first time ever (since taking a test way back in the police station when they were first trying them out!).
Old 6 Jun 2022, 19:54 (Ref:4113315)   #761
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
....but what route does one take if in a classic car (pre 1997).
Either loop around Rouen and cross the river to the west or probably easiest to start using Le Havre, Caen or Cherbourg crossings instead of Calais/Tunnel.
Old 6 Jun 2022, 20:22 (Ref:4113319)   #762
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I can use the Mach E (EV) but what route does one take if in a classic car (pre 1997).
you can still use same route. only inside the ring road is effected
Old 7 Jun 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4113346)   #763
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
In Rouen the regulations only concern commercial vehicles until 1 September this year. After that it will apply to all motorised vehicles.
Simon is quite right, the zone is bounded by the ring road:

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/im...E_2021_map.jpg
Cheers. Good info.

That’s a ring road!? Crikey.
Old 7 Jun 2022, 05:58 (Ref:4113362)   #764
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spotter Guide now available

https://assets.lemans.org/explorer/p...-mans-2022.pdf
Old 11 Jun 2022, 09:14 (Ref:4114167)   #765
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Reserved afiak. I'm in the club room now but no access to the tribune.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 09:23 (Ref:4114168)   #766
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
There was no-one guarding the door 5 mins ago!
Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:33 (Ref:4115443)   #767
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Anyone know the dates for 2023 yet?
Old 13 Jun 2022, 19:38 (Ref:4115444)   #768
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Anyone know the dates for 2023 yet?
June 10/11 was quoted yesterday on RLM together with a warning that all the local hotels are booked up already ... or perhaps that should be agencies have reserved many rooms ... for the centenary.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:55 (Ref:4115641)   #769
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Definitely reserved numbered seats for the race. Access for members only during practice and qually when you can sit anywhere you like in the stand.
And in practice once the first hour or so has gone in practice you can sit anywhere in the stand.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4115846)   #770
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
And in practice once the first hour or so has gone in practice you can sit anywhere in the stand.
Yep, in fact, I had no difficulty in sitting at the top of the stand from the start of practice.
Old 16 Jun 2022, 07:42 (Ref:4115847)   #771
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yep, in fact, I had no difficulty in sitting at the top of the stand from the start of practice.
And in the race too ... confused myself there !
Old 16 Jun 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4115881)   #772
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
And in the race too ... confused myself there !
Yes indeed, when we went back to the stand both late on Saturday night and from about 11 am on Sunday morning, I had no difficulty again sitting at the top, only having to move about 2 hours from the end of the race.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4117418)   #773
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
As noted by Peter in the 2023 'Who is Going' thread. Worth noting.

Quote:
Don't forget we also need a ETIAS waiver next year. https://www.etiasvisa.com/etias-requirements
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:36 (Ref:4117497)   #774
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not sure if anything has been posted about campsites and bookings, so here goes:

When booking through the ACO or via another agency, do they allocate a certain amount of space for the pitch? If so do they base it on tent capacity or people? I'm looking at a bigger tent for next year and although I'll be camping alone I'll probably take a 4man tent.

I ask because Travel Destinations gave me half a pitch and only charged me for one person this year. But I only had a 2 person pop up tent (as discussed elsewhere).
Private camp sites are free to do what they like but I believe all the ACO ones are a standard size for every pitch. So space is your limiting factor. In theory you need to get everything inside the lines, including your car. This often doesn't happen in reality with cars jutting out into the rangs or sometimes parked elsewhere. At least that's the case in Houx. 7m x 5m rings a bell. You can get a four-man tent inside a standard pitch.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:41 (Ref:4117498)   #775
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Good info, thanks. That size would work.