Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 2022, 22:49 (Ref:4115466)   #1
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Somewhere between 10 and 12 feels about right and then it will explode in '24. Pushing 30 cars I reckon.

Like broadrun96 referenced, I do wonder when the 3rd works cars will come in. With entry lists getting tighter perhaps teams will need to commit to full or partial seasons with any additional cars? And I think we'll see some extremely thinly veiled 'customer' teams.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 18:12 (Ref:4115609)   #2
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Somewhere between 10 and 12 feels about right and then it will explode in '24. Pushing 30 cars I reckon.

Like broadrun96 referenced, I do wonder when the 3rd works cars will come in. With entry lists getting tighter perhaps teams will need to commit to full or partial seasons with any additional cars? And I think we'll see some extremely thinly veiled 'customer' teams.
What would a required full season WEC entry do for entries in the other classes though? would there be much room?
Old 14 Jun 2022, 18:29 (Ref:4115613)   #3
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
What would a required full season WEC entry do for entries in the other classes though? would there be much room?
I think it's going to be a big issue for them going forward if they are still capped. To the point that any tracks that can't support more could be dropped. That's just a guess. I think Fuji is the main issue but Toyota's bargaining power will diminish with so many other manufacturers in the paddock.

That said I don't think it will be the top class that suffers if/when tough entry decisions need to be made.
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4115638)   #4
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Well all 62 don't run the full season so there's space to add LM only cars. Have to assume outside of the IMSA and AsLMS auto invites most of the remaining at-large (for lack of a better term) would be Hypercar/GTP cars. Gotta make it look good for future manufacturers and promote we will make space for you
Closed Thread