Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4116045)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
More to come from Sunday in the next day or so.

I now see LM as a Silverstone GP type venue for photography needing a step and dodging the fences, etc. There also feels to be something not quite right about the best locations for shots at the Esses / Tertre Rouge being the platforms for disabled spectators ....
Yes, I'm looking for a step too. You appear to have gained access to the gap in the fence exiting the Ford chicane. There is a spot at the top of the hill from the first corner on the outside where you can shoot through a cut out in the top of the gate. Trouble is getting access is difficult, there were loads of people waithing when I got there on Sunday.

Frankly, I was knackered and carrying blisters on my feet so I didn't look too hard for locations, this time.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 10:34 (Ref:4116049)   #2
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I'm looking for a step too. You appear to have gained access to the gap in the fence exiting the Ford chicane. There is a spot at the top of the hill from the first corner on the outside where you can shoot through a cut out in the top of the gate. Trouble is getting access is difficult, there were loads of people waithing when I got there on Sunday.

Frankly, I was knackered and carrying blisters on my feet so I didn't look too hard for locations, this time.
Patience is definitely required. The Dunlop chicane spot in front of the grandstand was fenced off on Sunday morning for no good reason that I could see, so the angle wasn't anywhere nearly as as good as Saturday evening (when the light was good, too).
Ford Chicane - I persuaded the "jacket orange" to let me stand just the other side of the grandstand fence - there's always a bunch of people who set up their chairs there which is no good if you can't get close to the fence.
I'll be doing a pistonclick.com report on Le Mans to update the 2019 report - https://www.pistonclick.com/2019-le-mans-24-hours and highlight some of the spots for photography.
Old 17 Jun 2022, 11:03 (Ref:4116054)   #3
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Yes, I'm looking for a step too.
Like this guy?

(No idea how to make the forum show it the right way, sorry)
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 58B55DEC-C880-471F-AE3C-EB84BA42F971.jpeg (417.6 KB, 7 views)
Old 17 Jun 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4116063)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Like this guy?

I’ve found Wally!
Old 18 Jun 2022, 06:55 (Ref:4116189)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I’ve found Wally!
Now can you find Odlaw?
Old 17 Jun 2022, 12:52 (Ref:4116066)   #6
crmalcolm
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
58B55DEC-C880-471F-AE3C-EB84BA42F971.jpeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Like this guy?

I'm not sure of other methods - but I have found that images are rotated to be landscape. So I have cropped it to be such.