Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 22 Mar 2019, 06:17 (Ref:3892645)   #51
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Is it worth joining the ACO for the "VIP" areas?

And yes, we are staying in the flexotel. I'm far too long in the tooth for proper camping.
Old 22 Mar 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3892792)   #52
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
It's up to your own expectations, I find it worth the money if only for the privat areas. Descent toilet, affordable food and drinks and less crowdy. If you also buy tickets, you get better prices, acces (tour) to the privat area at scruteneering and to me it feels good supporting the organisation wich organises the race I 'love'.
Exactly this. When I first joined (1997) I only did it for the after-race pack, but since then I have saved on ticket prices, have been able to sit in member only grandstands and use the excellent facilities behind T17/T18 as well as the very welcome area down at Dunlop which is a Godsend after much walking around during the night.
Old 23 Mar 2019, 11:28 (Ref:3892926)   #53
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Im sold.
Good man. Even if you don't have a seat in T17/T18, you can still use the superclean loos, showers and the cafe upstairs.
Old 15 Apr 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3897670)   #54
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Question for the experts, particularly the photographers.

What would be a sensible plan for getting as many photos from as many different parts of the track as possible done during the practice and qualifying sessions?

I ask because the grandstands are free and there will be a lot fewer people. Of course there are also a lot fewer hours!

For ease of quoting, the sessions are:

Weds 1600-2000 (day)
Weds 2200-0000 (night)
Thu 1900-2130 (day/twilight)
Thu 2200-0000 (night)

Cheers!
Old 15 Apr 2019, 15:25 (Ref:3897690)   #55
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I would suggest walking the circuit area on Wednesday afternoon and evening and then driving to Mulsanne and Arnarge on Thursday evening. Traffic will be much lighter than during the race and Thursday evening the speeds will be higher for those action shoots along the straights after Mulsanne and at Arnarge for the glowing disc's.
Old 12 May 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4109760)   #56
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone ever taken the buses that go round the circuit, thinking specifically from main gate area round to Arnage. Just curious if they were regular, busy, where they started and stopped.
Old 13 May 2022, 05:57 (Ref:4109791)   #57
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The circuit buses are pretty decent these days. In 2019 we did the loop from the 'stadium end' of the track to Mulsanne to Arnage to the Porsche Curves (and then on the Little Train) back to the stadium with minimal waits for the bus each time.
Old 3 Jun 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4112717)   #58
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
I'm going to Le Mans for the first time and found Aysedasi's guide really useful. Thanks very much!

I've got some questions that I hope can be answered:

We've got tickets for the T34 grandstand, but might want to watch some of the race elsewhere. What are the best places to watch it around the circuit and how easy is access?

Are there many food outlets, bars and merchandise shops/stalls around the circuit and near T34 grandstand? And if there aren't many close to T34, where are the nearest ones?

How close to the campsites are the car parks? Or does the camping plot include space for a car?

What are the facilities like at the campsites?

I hope you all enjoy the weekend!
Take a look at the map on the first post of this thread
It will give you a good idea of where to see the race.
Old 11 Jun 2022, 08:51 (Ref:4114160)   #59
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Is the ACO Tribune 17 reserved seating or first-come-first served free?
Old 14 Jun 2022, 19:50 (Ref:4115639)   #60
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Reserved afiak. I'm in the club room now but no access to the tribune.
Definitely reserved numbered seats for the race. Access for members only during practice and qually when you can sit anywhere you like in the stand.
Old 29 Jun 2022, 15:54 (Ref:4117488)   #61
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure if anything has been posted about campsites and bookings, so here goes:

When booking through the ACO or via another agency, do they allocate a certain amount of space for the pitch? If so do they base it on tent capacity or people? I'm looking at a bigger tent for next year and although I'll be camping alone I'll probably take a 4man tent.

I ask because Travel Destinations gave me half a pitch and only charged me for one person this year. But I only had a 2 person pop up tent (as discussed elsewhere).
Old 29 Jun 2022, 16:27 (Ref:4117496)   #62
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
ACO pitches are 7 x 5m - one ticket per vehicle needed, then you can squeeze as much camping paraphernalia as you like into that space.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4125894)   #63
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
When are tickets expected to go for sale?

I want to stay in a relatively cheap hotel (if such thing exists). Given that I found one, what's the best way to go to the track (other than walking)?
Old 13 Sep 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4125945)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Normally members ticketing is one week before general sales. But I'm certainly expecting October.
Old 21 Oct 2022, 11:24 (Ref:4130966)   #65
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
As from 1 September 2022: If your vehicle runs on petrol and was first registered prior to 1 October1997, you will not be allowed into the zone. Fines for breach of regulations are €68 to €450.
For all vehicles registered after that date you will be allowed access with a Euro standard sticker class 1 available from https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/
As you can see you can order from UK
Is this now effectively banning 2005 and older petrol, and 2010 and earlier diesel, cars/vans going through Rouen for the 2023 race?

Stickers 4 to 5 euros for UK posting, allow 2 weeks for delivery and a bit of faff with pdf of V5 required plus car serial number etc going on to database there.

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/co...7/france/rouen
Old 21 Oct 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4130968)   #66
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Is this now effectively banning 2005 and older petrol, and 2010 and earlier diesel, cars/vans going through Rouen for the 2023 race?
Going through Rouen - yes.

But going around Rouen - no problem. If you follow the E402 all the way, you do not enter the zone.

Old 7 Feb 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4142943)   #67
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know people who have used the free parking up by the airfield, the only issue they had was the transfer bus was infrequent and always rammed, so it was easy/quicker to walk.

However, with the crowd expected this year parking isn't going to be easy all round tbh
Old 16 May 2023, 17:26 (Ref:4156449)   #68
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Forgot to say Saturday meet up is a good way to meet everyone and talk about le mans, and if you look in the where are you camping you will find out other forum members in your site
Old 23 May 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4157547)   #69
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hi everyone, couple of questions from someone who hasn't camped since 2014.

We're coming down on Friday afternoon/early evening - we have marked pitches, but how worried do we have to be about having our pitches reserved?

We'll be stopping at the supermarket on the way down. Is there anything we're likely to buy on our way into the circuit that won't be allowed in? I'm thinking gas canisters, bottles of beer etc.

We're staying on Sunday night. Do all the food vendors still close before the end of the race?

Lastly, have shuttle busses between Clos-Fleuri and the rest of the circuit been announced at all?
Old 23 May 2023, 12:34 (Ref:4157556)   #70
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Normally they are OK with people reserving pitches (we've previously had photos of our multiple camping passes to prove we actually have friends).

Hopefully the jobsworth security will have calmed down by Friday, so you're less likely to be searched - go for canned beer instead of bottles though.

I would assume no food for sale after the end of the race. There's always the KFC by the tram terminus as a last resort :-)
Old 31 May 2023, 09:58 (Ref:4158931)   #71
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
The ACO have published their list of what you can and can't take into the circuit and car parks and campsites.

No surprises with some - cans but no bottles, no drones, guns, throwing stars (!) or fireworks anywhere, and surprisingly, no bicycles - anywhere - although scooters (non motorised) are allowed in car parks and campsites. And no dogs in the circuit (unless assistance dogs).

I suspect the bicycles prohibition will not be wholly enforced.....
Attached Thumbnails
prohibited.jpg  
Old 2 Jun 2023, 09:52 (Ref:4159277)   #72
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
My group are determined to bring a paddling pool for some reason. Am I right in protesting that they are banned from ACO campsites?
Old 2 Jun 2023, 10:01 (Ref:4159279)   #73
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
they were banned years ago, and the security do enforce it.
Old 5 Jun 2023, 15:45 (Ref:4160047)   #74
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Road from Arnage to Arnage/Indy closed

For your information :

https://tentenths.com/forum/showpost...postcount=1379
Old 5 Jun 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4160049)   #75
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
More informations about traffic maps and their constraints for 2023

https://www.sarthe.fr/actualites/24-...ntes-associees