Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Jun 2022, 18:49 (Ref:4115624)   #176
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i think, we will see him maybe soon in other team doing DTM.

He might not get out of this series with such results.

When reading all those news, he might be in Imola, but not in a T3-Lamborghini.
And maybe there is a little difference between support for Grasser and for T3.

And somewhere they wrote, that Team-Manager Jens Feucht is now in intensive care in a hospital (don't know why)?
Old 2 Jul 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4117796)   #177
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That’ll be the end of double file restarts…

Never seen anything like it, so much damage
Old 2 Jul 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4117797)   #178
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ridiculous level of driving standards at Norisring today. Norisring has always been tough and involved a lot of incidents but what's been happening today is a whole different level. Never in the DTM history was this race worse than today. Terrible, terrible.
Old 2 Jul 2022, 12:09 (Ref:4117798)   #179
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
That’ll be the end of double file restarts…

Never seen anything like it, so much damage
Exactly, should be scrapped immediately.
Old 2 Jul 2022, 12:56 (Ref:4117803)   #180
Matt K
Veteran

At least last 20 minutes were good and had some nice battles. I'm very happy for Preining for his first win, especially after his recent close-call with a podium. And finally a great result for Porsche.
Rast also increased his chances for a title fight although the likes of Bortolotti or Sheldon van der Linde were still happy to hold their positions in the standings.

Hopefully there's a lot cleaner race tomorrow.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4117912)   #181
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Muth & Perera missing from race 2. Presume accident damage from race 1 wasnt repairable?

Much cleaner start today.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 21:05 (Ref:4118062)   #182
Matt K
Veteran

Yep, cars irreparable. Shame for Perera, he could've had a very good one-off weekend in DTM.
Muth... well, unfortunately it doesn't matter if he's on the start or not, his season is so miserable...

Looks like Rast is truly back. He and Bortolotti might be one of the biggest favourites. Sheldon, if he can't turn his season around, I can't see him fight for the title in the end.

Glad the second race was a lot lot cleaner. Some heads were cooled...
Old 4 Jul 2022, 12:17 (Ref:4118185)   #183
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Sundays race was also less entertaining. No one had real faith in overtaking, so it was all in all dull.

I don't see the first race so bad. It only cost so much damage/money. But first incident was "normal" for this first corner. Bad circumstances.

Deledda-crash was really odd. I believe, if it was not a brake failure - he should stay away from high-risk racing...

Bortolotti - Engel: maybe a bad idea from both sides, to overtake at this place.

Gueven - Auer: a crash we see every year at the Schoeller-S...sometimes in entrance, sometimes in exit.

I just think, these cars are too fast and also to fragile for close racing on a street circuit.
Just think of the big carnage at Macao a few years ago.

And for those who think that this was biggest carnage in DTM...just look back at Salzburgring 1988...
Old 4 Jul 2022, 12:34 (Ref:4118188)   #184
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GusGasfuss View Post
Sundays race was also less entertaining. No one had real faith in overtaking, so it was all in all dull.

I don't see the first race so bad. It only cost so much damage/money. But first incident was "normal" for this first corner. Bad circumstances.

Deledda-crash was really odd. I believe, if it was not a brake failure - he should stay away from high-risk racing...

Bortolotti - Engel: maybe a bad idea from both sides, to overtake at this place.

Gueven - Auer: a crash we see every year at the Schoeller-S...sometimes in entrance, sometimes in exit.

I just think, these cars are too fast and also to fragile for close racing on a street circuit.
Just think of the big carnage at Macao a few years ago.

And for those who think that this was biggest carnage in DTM...just look back at Salzburgring 1988...
Norisring 1977 (though that was in DRM) comes to mind as well...
Old 12 Jul 2022, 09:42 (Ref:4119215)   #185
Matt K
Veteran

https://www.motorsport-total.com/dtm...plant-22071201

Looks like there are plans to enter one or two Aston Martins for guest starts this year. One of the drivers would certainly be Nicki Thiim and there's a talk of the British team TF Sport running the cars.
Who knows, this might be a preparation to enter DTM full-time next year. Berger doesn't hide his desire to bring Aston Martin to the championship and Aston is said to be increasingly more interested in DTM.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4122500)   #186
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walkenhorst with a third BMW for Theo Oeverhaus at the Nürburgring.
https://gt-place.com/2022/08/11/dtm-...rt-in-der-dtm/
Old 11 Aug 2022, 09:32 (Ref:4122508)   #187
Matt K
Veteran

Would be nice to see DTM Trophy drivers graduate to the 'main series' and not just for guest starts but full time entries. Hopefully Oeverhaus can make it to the DTM full-time in 2023 or 2024. Would be also great to see Heinemann graduating next year.
Old 11 Aug 2022, 15:21 (Ref:4122549)   #188
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
At last!

The DTM is considering adding a race at the Nürburgring Nordschleife.

https://www.motorsport.com/dtm/news/...ndar/10349165/
Old 11 Aug 2022, 15:58 (Ref:4122552)   #189
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It would be cool but do teams still need Nordschleife specific parts in order to run GT3 cars on the circuit?

This article doesnt provide the answer to that but it offers an insight into just how complicated it is for the 24 Hour race.

https://www.racecar-engineering.com/...ve-way-damper/

My worry would be if teams need to buy specific parts just for the one race or if teams would need to do additional testing. It pushes up costs and in todays world thats not a good thing. Would be a cool race though.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4122932)   #190
Matt K
Veteran

Although it should rather be in a 2023 thread, Rene Rast departs Audi at the end of the season, which means probably this season will be his last in the DTM. Rumours say he's going to FE with McLaren, although he is thought to have also received offers from Ferrari, Lamborghini, BMW and Porsche - all of them could include a DTM seat. Anyway, it looks like 2022 might be Rast's last chance to get the 4th title - unless of course he remains in DTM at the end of the day.

As for calendar rumours, apart from Nordschleife, it's possible Oschersleben will be back, as well as Salzburgring - the latter as an addition, not to replace Red Bull Ring. Villa Real is said to also be an option for next year.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 12:15 (Ref:4122948)   #191
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In his statement, it mentioned that it was a shame he joined Audi as they ended their LMP and FE programmes. Makes me think that it’ll end up being Porsche, so as to do a joint programme? Perhaps I’m reading too far into that, I’ve seen far more about the Mclaren rumour.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 13:33 (Ref:4122956)   #192
Matt K
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessio View Post
In his statement, it mentioned that it was a shame he joined Audi as they ended their LMP and FE programmes. Makes me think that it’ll end up being Porsche, so as to do a joint programme? Perhaps I’m reading too far into that, I’ve seen far more about the Mclaren rumour.
True, he didn't say he's leaving DTM, he said he enjoys the GT3 DTM but has more goals in motorsport. In theory, it may mean staying in DTM with a manufacturer who can offer him something beyond DTM as well. Audi couldn't offer him anything beyond DTM at the moment. I'd love to see Rast stay in DTM with another manufacturer (second seat in KUS Porsche for example!) but as you say, a lot of rumours have been circulating about his switch to McLaren FE team so I think this (unfortunately) will be his next step.
Old 16 Aug 2022, 14:20 (Ref:4122960)   #193
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Vila Real looks interesting!
Old 16 Aug 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4122961)   #194
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Back to 2022, I see that next round is on August 28 at Nürburgring.

That's the same weekend as the F1 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps, just 100 km away...
Old 18 Aug 2022, 12:38 (Ref:4123093)   #195
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
True, he didn't say he's leaving DTM, he said he enjoys the GT3 DTM but has more goals in motorsport. In theory, it may mean staying in DTM with a manufacturer who can offer him something beyond DTM as well. Audi couldn't offer him anything beyond DTM at the moment. I'd love to see Rast stay in DTM with another manufacturer (second seat in KUS Porsche for example!) but as you say, a lot of rumours have been circulating about his switch to McLaren FE team so I think this (unfortunately) will be his next step.
Looking back on my first post, it definitely wouldn't be Porsche given they've already filled their FE seats. Him at McLaren is still great news, it just would've been nicer if a WEC seat was also available for him.
Old 22 Aug 2022, 10:37 (Ref:4123419)   #196
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Rene Rast is joining BMW (maybe for Lmdh/WEC).
Old 22 Aug 2022, 20:31 (Ref:4123462)   #197
Matt K
Veteran

I'd say WEC for sure. The question is - will he find time for DTM? I'd love that but theoretically he may be combining WEC with IMSA or even Formula E at McLaren.
But would be amazing to see him stay in DTM driving for BMW.
Old 23 Aug 2022, 08:13 (Ref:4123480)   #198
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LMdH isn’t till 24 in Europe so potential for DTM in 23.
Old 23 Aug 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4123512)   #199
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuart thompson View Post
LMdH isn’t till 24 in Europe so potential for DTM in 23.

Yes, but if he races in IMSA in 23 + McLaren Formula E, it will be hard, to find time for DTM. Even if he could be an immediate championship contender.
Old 24 Aug 2022, 21:21 (Ref:4123621)   #200
Matt K
Veteran

I'd say little chances for Rast in DTM next year - a pity. Now with Muller confirmed at Abt in FE, it seems possible he'll no longer be racing in the DTM. Would be a shame to see two household names gone. However, depending on the calendars of both series, Muller might do a double program - and switch to Abt for DTM as well.