Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jul 2009, 23:45 (Ref:2501233)   #26
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
I remember looking at those additional winglets through binoculars on the grid at Le Mans after RLM mentioned that they had been added. Dad and I sarcastically said "that'll do it"...
If I remember correctly, Adrian Newey was consulted as well about the issue.
Old 16 Jul 2009, 18:34 (Ref:2502921)   #27
Jules Mini
Rookie

United Kingdom
Radstock
Jules Mini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was at Lemans the year they took off mercedes said they had added these winglets to give 50% more downforce on the front of the car my mate looked at me and said 50% more of nothing is still nothing he was right shame as they were a fantastic looking car
Old 17 Jul 2009, 03:22 (Ref:2503084)   #28
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Were the other CLR LMs ever rebult?
Old 17 Jul 2009, 06:56 (Ref:2503112)   #29
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype View Post
I am not sure what you mean by the question. The car is famous for not having enough downforce. The car photographed on track still has the diveplanes that were added to it after the first witnessed (second) airborne incident.
Turn your sarcasm-meter on.
Old 23 Jul 2009, 18:06 (Ref:2506739)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thank you for sharing. Stunning cars indeed.
Old 22 Jul 2022, 02:48 (Ref:4120092)   #31
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Were the other CLR LMs ever rebult?
So, i was just reading up about this car and was curious about what had happened after Le Mans. Someone said that the cars were taken to a crusher and crushed in front of some media guys. I cant find any sources to confirm this though, anyone have any info?
Old 27 Jul 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4120653)   #32
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
So, i was just reading up about this car and was curious about what had happened after Le Mans. Someone said that the cars were taken to a crusher and crushed in front of some media guys. I cant find any sources to confirm this though, anyone have any info?

A good friend was engaged at AMG/HWA at this time, when the cars started to fly.
Mercedes tried to delete all evidence, i think until today they don't want to write anything about this programme on their website.

My friend could take one engine with him (in crate), as they don't want to stock spare parts for it. Otherwise the engine parts maybe where trashed (not sure about it).

In 2010 (or so) we tried to sell it over internet, and some guy from scandinavia wanted to buy it, but couldn't make a proper payment.

In the end, he sold it to a guy, who wanted to mount this engine in a tracktool (BMW M3 E46 CSL), but that didn't work in the end.

I just heard, that he also sold the engine to someone else...
Old 28 Jul 2022, 08:28 (Ref:4120712)   #33
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never got why people raved over this one. I always called it the 'Elephant Car'..... As it looked as though an elephant had sat on the front. A disaster at Le Mans and a veritable ugly duckling when compared with the sheer beauty of the Toyota TS020....
Old 28 Jul 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4120728)   #34
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cause it was in every racing game for people of a certain age, it was one of the halo cars towards the end. But if I recall, similar to the Lotus GT1, it wasn't so great. All top end without much else, Lotus was ALL cornering with nothing top end, in Project Gotham and GT(something early)
Old 28 Jul 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4120740)   #35
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It wasn't pretty but it looked extremely purpose built - which a lot of people liked. This was an old school Le Mans special. Also it sounded amazing - possibly the best of the very impressive 98-99 era.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 13:52 (Ref:4120750)   #36
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just occurred to me too, it might be the most DPi of all cars with that nose and hood ornament
Old 4 Aug 2022, 13:28 (Ref:4121783)   #37
GusGasfuss
Racer

Germany
Ravensburg, Germany
GusGasfuss should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least they got road cars from this type, which is always good for a legend. Porsche GT1 too.

And of course sound!!!!

My friend told me, that the engine was capable of ca. 800hp without a restrictor....WITHOUT turbocharger!!!!!!