Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jan 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4142316)   #776
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I have them..... My concern is getting there.
We have Expo parking, and Mulsanne Camping, we'll watch the start and first hour or two from the ACO Grandstand then head off to Mulsanne for the evening and night. I'm fearing best part of two hours after leaving the Grandstand till getting to Mulsanne. Will look at some maps, it may be that a longer route will be quicker once out of the car park, e.g. to the east of the circuit may be quicker than the west side up through Arnage etc.

But heyho such is life! Just glad that we will be there for the Centenary.
Old 31 Jan 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4142318)   #777
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm concerned about getting out to Arnage late on Saturday night. It was a nightmare last year and I won't be parked in such a convenient place.....
I took the bus out to Arnage with all the stuff i was carrying Ayse, you can imagine how much fun that was....and the less said about the journey back the better, i think we went via Tours!
Old 31 Jan 2023, 19:54 (Ref:4142331)   #778
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am still after a camping ticket for Garage Vert, Houx or Houx Annexe. I have one for Beausejour but as I am an old git with my 70th birthday this summer I could do with somewhere nearer the main area. My email is scullen.sc4@gmail.com

Sean
Old 31 Jan 2023, 20:37 (Ref:4142332)   #779
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I took the bus out to Arnage with all the stuff i was carrying Ayse, you can imagine how much fun that was....and the less said about the journey back the better, i think we went via Tours!
To be honest Ker, most of the havoc last year was directly caused by the idiotic decision to run buses from inside the parking blanc. It took us ages to get out and then about an hour to get down to the first roundabout. Then the road all the way to Arnage was rammed, even though there was zero traffic coming the other way because in that direction it was mostly closed!
Old 31 Jan 2023, 23:08 (Ref:4142345)   #780
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. How long does it usually take on average to get out of LM? Just curious
Old 1 Feb 2023, 08:44 (Ref:4142368)   #781
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There was an incident/breakdown heading towards Arnage as it took 1 1/2 hours or so from Porsche curves in camp shuttle buses.

Dual carriageway east, off at 304 then 92 to Ruadin and a pretty direct road to Mulsanne and a bit of round the houses there- worked well for LM Classic late Saturday night a couple of times.

With all the changes and parking by Bleu Nord and the odd sandy roundabouts they have had there in the past not sure if road there will be easily passable or passable at all? Maybe in from north and then closed for safe pedestrian access into a corporate gate?
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:15 (Ref:4142370)   #782
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by claude2cv View Post
I am still after a camping ticket for Garage Vert, Houx or Houx Annexe. I have one for Beausejour but as I am an old git with my 70th birthday this summer I could do with somewhere nearer the main area. My email is scullen.sc4@gmail.com

Sean
Probably better posting this request on the dedicated thread (https://tentenths.com/forum/showthre...=157600&page=2) , it'll get lost in here very quickly
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:32 (Ref:4142374)   #783
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
There was an incident/breakdown heading towards Arnage as it took 1 1/2 hours or so from Porsche curves in camp shuttle buses.

Dual carriageway east, off at 304 then 92 to Ruadin and a pretty direct road to Mulsanne and a bit of round the houses there- worked well for LM Classic late Saturday night a couple of times.

With all the changes and parking by Bleu Nord and the odd sandy roundabouts they have had there in the past not sure if road there will be easily passable or passable at all? Maybe in from north and then closed for safe pedestrian access into a corporate gate?
I'm guessing that's quite likely.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:33 (Ref:4142375)   #784
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Hopefully they've learned from their mistakes. How long does it usually take on average to get out of LM? Just curious
We leave immediately after the finish. Our record for getting back to our base about 20 minutes out is something like 22 minutes. It's a lot easier than you might think - or always has been in the recent past. We don't head back to the coast until Monday lunchtime-ish and rarely encounter any issue. The worst queues by far are waiting to get on the ferry!
Old 1 Feb 2023, 09:52 (Ref:4142377)   #785
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
For all those who have camping/grandstand tickets purchased through the ACO you are still able to buy extra GE tickets from the ACO, suspect limited number related to the amount of seats/camping tickets that you have.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 12:14 (Ref:4142381)   #786
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
For all those who have camping/grandstand tickets purchased through the ACO you are still able to buy extra GE tickets from the ACO, suspect limited number related to the amount of seats/camping tickets that you have.
Is that right Simon? I suspect there are a lot of people who don't know that.....
Old 1 Feb 2023, 12:19 (Ref:4142382)   #787
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well i have not tried it but on the other forum people have been praising the aco recently
Old 1 Feb 2023, 12:25 (Ref:4142383)   #788
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Plus always worth a phone call or email to the ticket office, I'm sure they have a list of people waiting for any cancellations and the like.
I did get an email before Christmas as a member asking me to contact them if I had bought members enclosure passes but no GA's. So I'm guessing there is a limited number held back for those who would have bought on the day but won't be able to.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4142385)   #789
DasModell
Rookie

DasModell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think it's risky to think they will have tickets to buy at the gate on arrival.
I'm arriving on Wednesday but it'd like to comfort of having a ticket in hand before that
If anybody that has Camping/Grandstand and can help with GE, I'm even willing to pay in advance if needed.

Lesson learned regarding tickets
First time in 12 years i think that tickets have been sold out.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4142386)   #790
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've moved these posts from the For Sale/Swap thread.
Old 1 Feb 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4142387)   #791
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by DasModell View Post
Lesson learned regarding tickets
First time in 12 years i think that tickets have been sold out.
I've never known GE tickets to sell out before....
Old 1 Feb 2023, 13:09 (Ref:4142388)   #792
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In my ticket collection (now 260 strong), I have a few unusual 'Gratuit' tickets

I have my suspicions that the ACO will have a fair few of these floating around for their thousands of guests.....
Attached Thumbnails
tickets183.jpg  
Old 2 Feb 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4142533)   #793
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
When I think that my late Dad "pilot" medal dated 1939 disappeared. Your ticket is a pure jewel, thanks for sharing. Do you have something from the seventies?
Old 4 Feb 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4142596)   #794
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quite a few from the late 70's although the earlier part of the decade is more difficult to find. A couple of nice ones from 71 and 72....
Attached Thumbnails
tickets124.jpg   img224.jpg  
Old 7 Feb 2023, 08:49 (Ref:4142939)   #795
Lutzvic
Racer

Lutzvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ticket related question

I have a question in hope somebody has the answer for it...
I bought 3 weekend entries for the race, by validating the E tickets names were put as well.... all fine...
it turned out one of the planned participant cannot make the trip.....
is there a way to change the name on the ticket?
does anyone has experience with such a case?

thanks for all reply
Old 7 Feb 2023, 09:41 (Ref:4142947)   #796
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutzvic View Post
I have a question in hope somebody has the answer for it...
I bought 3 weekend entries for the race, by validating the E tickets names were put as well.... all fine...
it turned out one of the planned participant cannot make the trip.....
is there a way to change the name on the ticket?
does anyone has experience with such a case?

thanks for all reply
My first question would be why the need? Unless they've got some new system I don't think there's ever anyone looking at the name on the ticket.
Old 7 Feb 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4143016)   #797
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Highly unlikely, there's no way they'll check names on tickets at the gate, otherwise you'd have to start queuing on Thursday to get in in time for the start of the race on Saturday.....
Old 8 Feb 2023, 09:45 (Ref:4143090)   #798
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
I'm presuming it's only the e-tickets that have names on them, I'm sticking with the printed ones for as long as I can!
Old 8 Feb 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4143094)   #799
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty sure it was just on the website backup for each e ticket as the e copy on phone and the paper backup we print is nameless. Think individual naming may help if have a large group and distributing tickets and paper backup could be fun and naming may help with ACO if a ticket is lost or there’s a problem.

Do like having GS and GE on same e ticket.

Small group with self print paper only tickets on A4 at LMC was a pain as separate GE, GS and paddock tickets. Like herding cats at every entry point and exits.
Old 8 Feb 2023, 11:18 (Ref:4143099)   #800
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Do like having GS and GE on same e ticket.
Yes!!!
Closed Thread