Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:21 (Ref:4143144)   #801
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
I'm presuming it's only the e-tickets that have names on them, I'm sticking with the printed ones for as long as I can!
Likewise!
Old 8 Feb 2023, 15:22 (Ref:4143145)   #802
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post

Do like having GS and GE on same e ticket.
Handy for sure. One less to lose.... But one less ticket for my collection.....
Old 9 Feb 2023, 18:43 (Ref:4143307)   #803
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Tribune Chrysler Simca, that's great Aye! Who can remember when people were allowed to smoke at balcons de ravitaillements, when we were filling the cars just behind?
Old 10 Feb 2023, 01:54 (Ref:4143332)   #804
Pdcam99
Rookie

Pdcam99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am a new member of ACO and this will be my virgin excursion, checking a box on my bucket list. I have a place in Lemans so will not be camping. Could only get a GA ticket so will be anxious to learn the track and the best spots as quickly as possible
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4143356)   #805
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pdcam99 View Post
I am a new member of ACO and this will be my virgin excursion, checking a box on my bucket list. I have a place in Lemans so will not be camping. Could only get a GA ticket so will be anxious to learn the track and the best spots as quickly as possible
Welcome to the forum! You have a ticket and a place to stay so honestly you have everything you need!

I wish I could go back and experience it all again for the first time. Find which spots you like and also try to make a plan for the start of the race. It will be an early morning start to make sure you have a good position. But it will be worth it for sure.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4143359)   #806
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Welcome indeed! When you say you have a spot in Le Mans, do you actually have a place of your own or have you rented somewhere?
Old 10 Feb 2023, 09:28 (Ref:4143361)   #807
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Welcome to the forum, plenty of regular fans here, who will be happy to help you enjoy the experience, we will be doing our usual meet up saturday lunchtime so please join us and ask those there the best way to get about the track and thier favourite places to watch the action.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4143363)   #808
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Welcome to the forum, plenty of regular fans here, who will be happy to help you enjoy the experience, we will be doing our usual meet up saturday lunchtime so please join us and ask those there the best way to get about the track and thier favourite places to watch the action.
If you're going to be able to get to the track on Wednesday and Thursday for practice/qualifying, that may well be the best time to get around as it should be a little quieter than during the race itself.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4143371)   #809
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
If you're going to be able to get to the track on Wednesday and Thursday for practice/qualifying, that may well be the best time to get around as it should be a little quieter than during the race itself.
If you are around Wednesday & Thursday the grandstands are open to all, plus the ACO member area upgrade (Euro40?) includes program & a decent area at Chappelle plus discounts on drinks and food (2 euros off each beer and rolls etc) plus a bit more space and food options and toilets. And another raised area down by karting (no bar and reserved at race start - an email may come out but I'm not too sure on that) The ACO stands 17 & 18 have inside bar/cafe and toilets in the stand which is great for a break whilst alking the track on quailifying days!

Race start and sunday pm these bars/food areas are heaving so upgrade maybe not worth it if just there at weekend.
Old 10 Feb 2023, 14:14 (Ref:4143377)   #810
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
T17/18 are of course members only - at all times.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4143433)   #811
rx555
Rookie

United States
St. Louis
rx555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I found this site invaluable when I went the first time. Lots of good info in the threads here.
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:43 (Ref:4143448)   #812
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx555 View Post
I found this site invaluable when I went the first time. Lots of good info in the threads here.
We aim to please......
Old 11 Feb 2023, 10:48 (Ref:4143450)   #813
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Still absolutely nothing at all on eBay, ticket-wise.... I thought there would be a few more profiteers by now....
Old 11 Feb 2023, 18:44 (Ref:4143473)   #814
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Speculating on the stock market requires some patience. The time comes…
Old 11 Feb 2023, 19:02 (Ref:4143476)   #815
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Still absolutely nothing at all on eBay, ticket-wise.... I thought there would be a few more profiteers by now....
Looks like everyone wants to go Ayse!
Old 11 Feb 2023, 20:32 (Ref:4143482)   #816
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Seems like it Ker!
Old 11 Feb 2023, 22:58 (Ref:4143489)   #817
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Seems like it Ker!
If i make it it will be my 20th, they're planning a big celebration!
Old 12 Feb 2023, 08:59 (Ref:4143503)   #818
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It'll be 36 for me....
Old 12 Feb 2023, 10:55 (Ref:4143514)   #819
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
It'll be 36 for me....
Strange to think it will be my 36th main le mans for me too
Old 12 Feb 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4143523)   #820
kdr
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Strange to think it will be my 36th main le mans for me too
As someone who only thought he'd go once, to end up reaching 20 plus around half a dozen test days, i always find it funny i've been to over a fifth of all races, you guys have done a third!

Forgive my poor maths if incorrect!
Old 12 Feb 2023, 14:00 (Ref:4143524)   #821
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will be my 28th plus 2 Classics
Old 12 Feb 2023, 14:13 (Ref:4143525)   #822
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
As someone who only thought he'd go once, to end up reaching 20 plus around half a dozen test days, i always find it funny i've been to over a fifth of all races, you guys have done a third!

Forgive my poor maths if incorrect!
My first trip in 1985 was a disaster i caught an uncureable illness and almost 40 years later i am still suffering. Like you i expected the 1985 trip to be a one off trip how wrong could i have been. This year doing both again think this will be my 10th classic as well
Old 12 Feb 2023, 22:22 (Ref:4143545)   #823
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I've actually thought about that percentage of races before. I remember thinking it when I first got past the third mark.... 36% of all the Le Mans 24 Hours eh? Who'd have thought it?
Old 13 Feb 2023, 06:32 (Ref:4143564)   #824
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Cant believe so many years spent to come in a country you dont obviously appreciate. For a race you can follow via media and telly. Is it addiction, passion, devotion, fascination, hobby? Its something I cant understand but you guys must be respected. Respect. Serious.

Last edited by Aysedasi; 13 Feb 2023 at 12:43.
Old 13 Feb 2023, 12:03 (Ref:4143575)   #825
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
you guys are marking yourselves down

36 this year 40%, 20 is 22% surely?- I'm only at 4 races - starting at 2017 and 4 classics. Too many years wasted reviewing accounts, tax & figures at stats in long documents!

Plus if it was't for the odd strike and an invasion we'd have all gone to the 100th race last year too.

Wednesday is 100 days from 100th anniversary - is anything happening late May for that?
Closed Thread