Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 25 Feb 2023, 15:38 (Ref:4144884)   #876
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
If it’s mainly safety related then can’t see change in 2024 apart from more parking as this could be a traffic/parking disaster this year.

Revenue from GSs down as manufacturers freebee packages. GE and everything sold early bird so expect this to be more limited.

Pushing camping away allows for bigger trade village and going forward a few years - premium camping sites closer in with EV charging options.

Fan zones further out just mean more control over beer and food.

Hope it doesn’t really backfire after 2024 when manufacturers and fan interest starts to wain.
I can't see that anything the ACO have changed is truly safety related.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4144889)   #877
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I was told so - but emergency access infield on Saturday and Sunday and capacity didn’t need such drastic changes
Old 25 Feb 2023, 20:52 (Ref:4144918)   #878
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agreed. If that reason was put forward - why now? They could have made these changes years ago. The arrival (return) of prestigious manufacturers and their corporate dosh + the centenary seems to me to be the overwhelming reason, no matter how it's dressed up.
Old 25 Feb 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4144920)   #879
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Even without the centenary shenanigans, next year sees Alpins, BMW, Lamborghini and maybe Honda join the party. And hopefully Isotta Fraschini. Not going to be any less busy/bonkers.
Old 13 Mar 2023, 14:52 (Ref:4146930)   #880
Fatboy 18
Rookie

Fatboy 18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing officially booked so far, just wondering if this whole 100 year thing has been over hyped! Find it crazy that the ACO decided to change the ticket allocation for this year with many regulars not being able to get what they wanted. I may just sit back and watch it from a TV somewhere, to be honest its normally for me just an excuse to take the car down to le mans, go the the Great British welcome on the Friday morning and pop over to the hotel De France. I think there's a race on somewhere too?
Old 22 Mar 2023, 18:54 (Ref:4148827)   #881
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Not sure if this has been posted already, but an interesting link with some schedule details as well as musical acts at a new concert venue nearby Bugatti circuit and team stop: https://www.le-mans-guide.co.uk/legal-notice
Old 22 Mar 2023, 20:50 (Ref:4148850)   #882
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
How many times has the stranglers been the headline act at le mans? a change would have been nice
Old 22 Mar 2023, 22:10 (Ref:4148855)   #883
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm aware it's a very broad, but also very niche audience of race goers they're catering for - but yeah couldn't they have booked someone better - especially for the Friday slot.

Just comes down to cash I guess.
Old 22 Mar 2023, 22:18 (Ref:4148856)   #884
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
How many times has the stranglers been the headline act at le mans? a change would have been nice
I don't think that's right. Is that last year's concert? It was certainly the Stranglers there last year as we walked past while they were playing ('Peaches', I seem to recall). It says 11th June - that is last year..... The venue isn't new - it was used last year. If you 'Click for details' he says then -

NO 2023 UPDATE YET CONCERTS OVER THE RACE WEEK

UNUSUAL CONCERT ON FRIDAY NIGHT after the Drivers' Parade

His dates are wrong. He says Saturday 11th June whereas its the 10th. He then says Sunday 14th June......
Old 23 Mar 2023, 00:55 (Ref:4148871)   #885
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Oops, my bad. Sorry.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 14:10 (Ref:4149031)   #886
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
ACO will organize a ticket tombola:

TICKET DRAW EXCLUSIVELY FOR MEMBERS!

Dear Members,

As you know, ticket sales for the 24 Hours of Le Mans have met unprecedented success and unfortunately some of you unable to purchase Centenary Full Week General Admission-Race tickets.

Concerned about its Members, the Automobile Club de l'Ouest is therefore giving you a chance to enter a draw by making pre-booked but unconfirmed tickets available.

If selected, you will be offered an opportunity to purchase Full Week General Admission-Race tickets (valid on 4 June and from 6 to 11 June 2023) at the Member rate of €61* (instead of €102).
Only Members who have not purchase Full Week General Admission-Race and who holds a valid membership on the day of registration for the draw.

The draw will be open from
27/03/2023 (9h00 am CET) to 10/04/2023 (11:59 pm CET).

The draw will take place from 17 April 2023 under the supervision of a court officer.

ENTER NOW!
https://account.lemans.org/en/?token...rce%3DEMAILING
Old 24 Mar 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4149041)   #887
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And according to the rules there are between 1 and 2000 winners, who should be able to buy two tickets. That's a reasonable amount considering they are sold out....
Old 24 Mar 2023, 16:18 (Ref:4149042)   #888
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
And according to the rules there are between 1 and 2000 winners, who should be able to buy two tickets. That's a reasonable amount considering they are sold out....
But doesn't that just mean they might only have 2 tickets?
Old 24 Mar 2023, 16:56 (Ref:4149044)   #889
JT240Z
Racer

United States
Geogria
JT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJT240Z should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ya, 1-2000 is a pretty wide spread. Don't they know how many tickets they have? Seems a little strange.
Old 24 Mar 2023, 17:40 (Ref:4149046)   #890
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
But doesn't that just mean they might only have 2 tickets?
No, I think it means that there is a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2000, if, say, only 453 members enter the draw then they will all win and there will only be 453 winners.

Anyway, we'll get a slap soon for wandering off topic!
Old 24 Mar 2023, 21:52 (Ref:4149068)   #891
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
No, I think it means that there is a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 2000, if, say, only 453 members enter the draw then they will all win and there will only be 453 winners.

Anyway, we'll get a slap soon for wandering off topic!
Indeed. I've moved the discussion as Vincent has posted the draw info here as well.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 08:35 (Ref:4149753)   #892
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just received an e mail about the official ticket reselling and buying facility set up by the ACO.

https://trailer.web-view.net/Show/0X...491EAE6318.htm

Also just paid the balance on my ferry booking this morning.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:02 (Ref:4149755)   #893
crooky
Racer

crooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcrooky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The resell site is very busy.

Quite an amusing message as you wait..

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230331-095744.png
Views:	1
Size:	184.6 KB
ID:	76795
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:16 (Ref:4149758)   #894
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Just received an e mail about the official ticket reselling and buying facility set up by the ACO.

https://trailer.web-view.net/Show/0X...491EAE6318.htm

Also just paid the balance on my ferry booking this morning.
I did the same yesterday.

There's nothing on there. And there won't be until people put up unwanted tickets. If there's nothing on there I can't see it having much, if anything. It has of course been up for over two weeks and I think I've seen 2-3 week entry tickets and 3-4 Beausejour camping in that time.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:35 (Ref:4149765)   #895
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fun and games trying to sort a minor change on eurotunnel through agent. Thought all sorted a month or so ago! At least we’ve got rid of a Fiat Panda with a roof box that none of us had ever seen.

Anywhere good for breakfast 30 mins or so from tunnel heading in right way towards A16? Does the place in Arnage have a branch that way?
Old 31 Mar 2023, 09:37 (Ref:4149766)   #896
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
PS I hope 2023 story has a changes and ticket chaos prologue
Old 31 Mar 2023, 10:08 (Ref:4149771)   #897
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Fun and games trying to sort a minor change on eurotunnel through agent. Thought all sorted a month or so ago! At least we’ve got rid of a Fiat Panda with a roof box that none of us had ever seen.

Anywhere good for breakfast 30 mins or so from tunnel heading in right way towards A16? Does the place in Arnage have a branch that way?
Best grab something at tunnel then once in france get as far as possible towards rouen, if you are avoiding the ring road due to the critical air problems then stop on the road to yevtot plenty of small villages and cafe's. We then usually stop once on the oild n138 for lunch, avoid the motorway down to le mans and there are lovely places to stop that are cheap and good plus the drive is better, no charges and about 50km shorter.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 11:00 (Ref:4149775)   #898
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Best grab something at tunnel then once in france get as far as possible towards rouen, if you are avoiding the ring road due to the critical air problems then stop on the road to yevtot plenty of small villages and cafe's. We then usually stop once on the oild n138 for lunch, avoid the motorway down to le mans and there are lovely places to stop that are cheap and good plus the drive is better, no charges and about 50km shorter.
Thanks - happy with all the route options away from Calais - usually stop at a quiet little Super U supermarket (St Jamme de la Sarthe -(it's 2km off main road)) and cheap petrol to fill up after doing bit of D338 below Alencon which goes through Beaumont Sur Sarthe. It's a nice stop 20 mins or so before Waze roulette and hustle of Le Mans.

We have shuttle just after 8 for 2 cars but now have annoyingly a 30 wait for 3rd car which amazingly can't fit on its original space so rather than wait at the first Aire after the peage ticket booth/viaduct was hoping for somewhere a bit more relaxing and also it's a 6.30ish start from home and would be good to stop for breakfast. Shame about ferries recently on that front.

Do have a nice 1st Quality Air sticker for the little V8. Only place i'd be worried about at Rouen is the Esso station where we occasionally stop to fill up again on way back.
Old 31 Mar 2023, 12:24 (Ref:4149781)   #899
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
PS I hope 2023 story has a changes and ticket chaos prologue
It certainly will!
Old 31 Mar 2023, 15:10 (Ref:4149804)   #900
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
Breakfast all sorted now before Calais and a sensible Monday return time (semi flexible too) - phone booking 3 cars at a good rate on DFDS very helpful

as agent spaces on P&O all taken - so bye bye Eurotunnel who'd thrown one car on a 20.50pm Monday shuttle two hours or so after original booking time.
Closed Thread