Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:35 (Ref:4151810)   #126
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yup, them brakes are done. And inside of 30minutes too.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:37 (Ref:4151812)   #127
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
veeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridveeten should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woah!! Gettin' kinda rough 'n rowdy in P2...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4151813)   #128
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is amazing the 51 has been able to keep it on track with all their issues.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:45 (Ref:4151814)   #129
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
There have been a number of bumps and scrapes in LMP2. At a more closed-in track, any one of them could have been race-ending.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4151816)   #130
Matador
Racer

Matador should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It’s not really BOP in hypercar - it’s more BOPP (Balance of Potential Performance).

Took Toyota five hours to lap the field today, around a shorter track than Sebring where they lapped everyone twice in 8 hours. It does feel like everyone is closer to them in race pace.

Peugeot have taken a massive leap forward.

It really goes to show too, that right now you have to be pretty much faultless to stay on the top step. Competition is there or thereabouts.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:50 (Ref:4151817)   #131
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
#6 Porsche pits from third but stays in front of the #2 Cadillac.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 16:52 (Ref:4151818)   #132
veeten
Veteran

United States
Temple Hills, Md.
Now, wouldn't it be funny if Porsche takes the win...
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:06 (Ref:4151819)   #133
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
What.A.Race!!!

Fascinating from start to finish, battles for the lead throughout, and an unexpected winner.
What more would we want?
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:30 (Ref:4151823)   #134
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
What.A.Race!!!

Fascinating from start to finish, battles for the lead throughout, and an unexpected winner.
What more would we want?
Agree, it was great!

Peugeot has to be happy to get both cars to the finish with little drama after the 93 started on pit lane.

Glick turned it around this round after a tough Sebring.

1st podium for a lmdh too!
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:35 (Ref:4151826)   #135
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pier Guidi was doing very impressive lap times with three hot brakes once he worked out what to do
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:36 (Ref:4151827)   #136
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm only an hour in.

30 odd minutes in. Toyota 7 told to avoid kerb turn 9 pretty early on. Did they say "we have a problem".

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Jay View Post
That's a spicy message from Calado to his engineer!

Glad to hear Calado pushing back on the order to let Nielsen pass, and his engineer for telling him to push or move.
This was funny. "The sister car is faster!" LOL. "No it's not" - hmmmm. As the commentators said, it is another things where Toyota have the experience and have learnt to deal with this.

And now they swap (45 odd minutes in). In a racy way.

Bovy getting past Keating. Go get the Ferrari...
EDIT: Keating had used up all his track limits, made a mistake and had to play it safe. Under pressure!

Last edited by Adam43; 16 Apr 2023 at 17:52.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:56 (Ref:4151838)   #137
kartman24
Racer

kartman24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was out today, sounds like a cracking race, any way of watching it on Youtube or catch up somewhere?
Old 16 Apr 2023, 17:59 (Ref:4151840)   #138
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the energy info. Although a little disappointed I no longer need to guess!

Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4151842)   #139
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
Was out today, sounds like a cracking race, any way of watching it on Youtube or catch up somewhere?
Eurosport had their full coverage up so quickly after shown. No ads, the full business.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4151843)   #140
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kartman24 View Post
any way of watching it on Youtube or catch up somewhere?
Probably at the end of coming week on the FIA WEC Youtube channel.
On the Eurosport or Discovery+ app/website you can watch the race back.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4151845)   #141
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCT View Post
What.A.Race!!!

What more would we want?
Did you expect someone other than dominant teams to win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Eurosport had their full coverage up so quickly after shown. No ads, the full business.
Fwiw in the colonies, motortrend on demand also has the full replay available as of this post, 64 minutes after checker flag.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:06 (Ref:4151847)   #142
Hedley Verity
Racer

United Kingdom
Hedley Verity should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I’m even less of a fan of the new safety car procedure if they’re going to do the wave by while the recovery operation is still going on like they did today, so we had numerous cars travelling at speed to catch onto the back while marshals were at the side of the track, bloody stupid
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:22 (Ref:4151853)   #143
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Probably at the end of coming week on the FIA WEC Youtube channel.
On the Eurosport or Discovery+ app/website you can watch the race back.
I've started a thread this and added this question and answer to it.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157870
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:49 (Ref:4151857)   #144
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I've started a thread this and added this question and answer to it.

https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157870
Thanks Adam.... I was trying to find the answer today. I ended up settling for Goodwood members meeting free stream on the TV, and live timing for Portimao on my laptop.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 18:59 (Ref:4151860)   #145
TCT
Racer

TCT has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
Did you expect someone other than dominant teams to win?

No. I expected exactly what we got today.

And I expect the same at Spa.

And another Toyota victory at Le Mans.

Then maybe after that they will finally adjust BoP.
Otherwise I expect Toyota victory until they finally do it.

If they don't then Toyota will win all of them.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 19:59 (Ref:4151869)   #146
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Toyota are certainly favorites until the others catch up.

Link: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedley Verity View Post
I’m even less of a fan of the new safety car procedure if they’re going to do the wave by while the recovery operation is still going on like they did today, so we had numerous cars travelling at speed to catch onto the back while marshals were at the side of the track, bloody stupid
I'm not half way through and I've been servicing a car too so have missed the odd ten minutes as I let the oil out, refilled, etc..., so might have missed a bit.

When did this happen, I'll look out for it.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 20:09 (Ref:4151871)   #147
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Round the 3hr mark when Bamber was battling Menezes that the Caddy was very raceable. It did look it - lots of steering corrections without losing too much speed.
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:17 (Ref:4151888)   #148
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Feels kinda controversial?

https://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/...-default-mode/
Old 16 Apr 2023, 21:27 (Ref:4151891)   #149
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
I suspect that they've managed this on both cars as best they can. I'd be interested to understand more. Especially before thinking the sensor was on the grassy knoll.

I liked this quote though:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasselon
I’m part of the technical working group so I can take part of the blame… we have to find better solutions than to force cars to park and repair for a failure of a sensor which is nothing to do with the team
Old 16 Apr 2023, 22:16 (Ref:4151899)   #150
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Toyota are certainly favorites until the others catch up.

Link: https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157807

I'm not half way through and I've been servicing a car too so have missed the odd ten minutes as I let the oil out, refilled, etc..., so might have missed a bit.

When did this happen, I'll look out for it.
Tried to do the same myself, figured rear brake change (slightly longer than a GT swap) and RLM would be good. Nope, brakes that came were open and rewrapped.

Listened a bit after the market but nap took over. Think I'll have to try to catch up this week in the car between stops