Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 16 Feb 2023, 11:58 (Ref:4143886)   #801
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
Is this now effectively banning 2005 and older petrol, and 2010 and earlier diesel, cars/vans going through Rouen for the 2023 race?

Stickers 4 to 5 euros for UK posting, allow 2 weeks for delivery and a bit of faff with pdf of V5 required plus car serial number etc going on to database there.

https://urbanaccessregulations.eu/co...7/france/rouen
the stricter minimum standard to Crit Air 2 has now been pushed back to 2025 - same year as Le Mans may possibly be affected.

Think the biometric testing at UK ports (EES) has also been pushed back to the end of the year (2023). So currently 2024 LM race for EES and ETIAS for most UK nationals

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk...sation-system/
Old 16 May 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4156434)   #802
JimboCycling
Rookie

JimboCycling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've just received my tickets today from travel destinations.
There is a ticket for Wednesday and Thursday, and another for Saturday and Sunday... Presumably there should be one for Friday too right?
Old 16 May 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4156436)   #803
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
It appears they have not given you the full week tickets but practice and weekend ones, so you can not enter the track during friday, however if you are camping within the GE area the problem is you can not leave as you will not be allowed back in until saturday morning. What did you order from TD if this is not what you ordered best contact them and hope they can sort it out for you.
Old 16 May 2023, 16:28 (Ref:4156437)   #804
JimboCycling
Rookie

Thank you. I wasn't specific with them I suppose, I said I wanted to go to le mans and arrive on Thursday lunchtime. Would have thought it was implicit I wanted Friday!

I will contact them but given everything is sold out I'm not very optimistic...

Camping at Beaujolais, presumably that is in the GE area?
Old 16 May 2023, 16:38 (Ref:4156439)   #805
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Beausejour is outside the GE Area. It's on the Porsche Curves.

https://www.24h-lemans.com/en/info/circuit-map
Old 16 May 2023, 17:10 (Ref:4156447)   #806
JimboCycling
Rookie

Thanks. You understood me despite me completely mashing the campsite name!!
Old 16 May 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4156448)   #807
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
TD should have the ability to sort out the tickets to be honest the two pairs of tickets cost more than the full week, However you will be ble to have a good walk around on thursday and on friday the events taking place away from the ge are likely to take up most of the day, i would recommend the classic british welcome in the morning and stuff on the mulsanne straight early afternood and then the drivers parade, Friday evening enjoy the campsite atmosphere and get to know your neighbours plus a good BBQ and a few beers/glasses of wine
Old 16 May 2023, 17:58 (Ref:4156456)   #808
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Old 16 May 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4156459)   #809
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Honestly I’d think not having a Friday GE ticket wouldn’t be too big a deal. So much to do away from the circuit.
Old 16 May 2023, 19:07 (Ref:4156470)   #810
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
TD should have the ability to sort out the tickets to be honest the two pairs of tickets cost more than the full week, However you will be ble to have a good walk around on thursday and on friday the events taking place away from the ge are likely to take up most of the day, i would recommend the classic british welcome in the morning and stuff on the mulsanne straight early afternood and then the drivers parade, Friday evening enjoy the campsite atmosphere and get to know your neighbours plus a good BBQ and a few beers/glasses of wine
Is there still a drivers parade in the town?
Old 16 May 2023, 19:24 (Ref:4156473)   #811
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Looks like: https://www.grande-parade-des-pilotes.com/
June 9, from 2 PM place des Jacobins.
https://www.classicbw.org/
Old 16 May 2023, 21:18 (Ref:4156483)   #812
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That was it - a different time for the parade.

Strangely, my pc is saying that both of those links are not secure.
Old 17 May 2023, 06:32 (Ref:4156500)   #813
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Strangely, my pc is saying that both of those links are not secure.
Motor racing is dangerous… Works a treat with Firefox from here.

Last edited by Gerard C; 17 May 2023 at 06:38.
Old 17 May 2023, 08:24 (Ref:4156513)   #814
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimboCycling View Post
Personally, I had assumed it was a deliberate piece of comedic word alteration. Loved it, made me chuckle, and I shall always refer to the campsite in question as 'Beaujolais' from now on.
Old 23 May 2023, 13:32 (Ref:4157562)   #815
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
clos-fleuri is outside the GE so should not be a problem with glass into the campsite, if you stop at a supermarket on the way down then they will have all the stuff you need without being stripped out like those closer to the circuit. If you use the old n138 from rouen then plenty of places to stop and you will have a shorter and more picturesque journey down without paying tolls. If you have other arriving before friday then getting them to reserve a spot for you is ok but if you have marked pitches and a reference number you will be ok, As the campsite is new this year i am not certain pitches will be allocated until you arrive. Not heard anything about shuttle busses from the campsite so expect a good walk to the main part of the circuit.

Lastly Sunday night the security will have vanished so if you head to a restaurent make sure all of you valuable are locked away as the recycling community will be in the campsite,
Old 23 May 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4157605)   #816
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Thank you very much for the information, both, very helpful!
Old 23 May 2023, 17:49 (Ref:4157613)   #817
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
Thank you very much for the information, both, very helpful!
And don't forget the meet this year, been a few years since we have seen you i think
Old 25 May 2023, 16:57 (Ref:4157952)   #818
Alex_
Rookie

Spain
Alex_ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Help me please! I really want to get into the centenary race. Already paid for transport and hotel, but I was deceived with tickets. I don't have tickets for the race. It is not possible to buy them now. Are there free places around this huge track from where you can watch the race? Part of any of the turns can be seen.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4157957)   #819
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_ View Post
Help me please! I really want to get into the centenary race. Already paid for transport and hotel, but I was deceived with tickets. I don't have tickets for the race. It is not possible to buy them now. Are there free places around this huge track from where you can watch the race? Part of any of the turns can be seen.
It is very difficult to see any of the race without a ticket, but as the race approaches there will be plenty for sale and the closer it gets the cheaper those tickets for sale will become.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:25 (Ref:4157960)   #820
Alex_
Rookie

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
It is very difficult to see any of the race without a ticket, but as the race approaches there will be plenty for sale and the closer it gets the cheaper those tickets for sale will become.
Thank you very much for the answer. Can I arrange with someone to go inside the campsite with him and watch the race from there?
Old 25 May 2023, 17:34 (Ref:4157961)   #821
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Most of the campsites are outside the general tticket area and several have fan zones which will have big screens but no actual views of the track. If you are on foot you will have no problem entering those campsites.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:44 (Ref:4157963)   #822
Alex_
Rookie

Spain
Thank you! Already good. Can you advise which is the best campsite for me to go on foot? Preferably where there is a large screen.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:46 (Ref:4157964)   #823
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Can I arrange with someone to go inside the campsite with him and watch the race from there?
Unless your "new friend" has a triple-deck bus, I'd answer no. IMO.
Old 25 May 2023, 17:47 (Ref:4157966)   #824
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If you check the ACO site map it shows all the campsites and those with fan zones, pretty sure Beasjours and the new sites all have screens but best to check on the aco site to confirm
Old 25 May 2023, 18:04 (Ref:4157970)   #825
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Alex, check out the ACO's ticket resale site

https://ticketchange.24h-lemans.com/...saleProducts/?

There have been entry tickets coming up all day on the site. I myself bought one from there only a few days ago. If you buy from the ACO you can be sure the tickets are valid and you will only pay the face value. Just be patient and keep refreshing the page. You may have to stay on there all day, but, if you want to be there......