Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 May 2024, 16:43 (Ref:4207519)   #3176
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant25 View Post
Will we see who’s the 4th bmw before brands hatch then! Any news about it anywhere?
Thompson has been in Italy this weekend with the Ferrari series, don't think that's an indicator of anything, I think we'd know by now if there was someone for Brands (watch an annuncement come tomorrow just make me look a plank!!)

Unrelated, and just a small thing. Went on the BTCC site this morning and it has gone a bit funny, came on just now (8 hours later) and it's still a mess. For a 'pro' series it's a bit of poor form to go that long with the new site going wrong (not that it's anything special.)
Old 11 May 2024, 15:47 (Ref:4208351)   #3177
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am finding it really annoying watching the qualifying on YouTube on the TV that they have adverts right in the middle of a session. There were at least 3 advert "breaks", one before the coverage started, one during a qualifying session and another one in the middle of an interview of one of the drivers. I would imagine that that wouldn't please the driver's sponsors very much.
Old 11 May 2024, 16:19 (Ref:4208373)   #3178
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I, for the change, like the Quick 6 format, spices things up - at least from the following Live Timing perspective as I don't tend to watch quali sessions.

As for the new hybrid regulations, not a fan. It will probably feel like damage limitation for the frontrunners all year long, don't like it for sure.
Old 11 May 2024, 16:58 (Ref:4208423)   #3179
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
I am finding it really annoying watching the qualifying on YouTube on the TV that they have adverts right in the middle of a session. There were at least 3 advert "breaks", one before the coverage started, one during a qualifying session and another one in the middle of an interview of one of the drivers. I would imagine that that wouldn't please the driver's sponsors very much.

I didn’t have that problem, but then again I was watching it on my laptop with adblocker
Old 11 May 2024, 20:23 (Ref:4208551)   #3180
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
That will be down to YouTube's algorithm that randomly drops in ads. ITV/BTCC will have no control over when they are shown
Old 11 May 2024, 20:40 (Ref:4208557)   #3181
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely any sane person watching is utilising an ad blocker of some description these days?
Old 11 May 2024, 20:48 (Ref:4208559)   #3182
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Continuing the OT discussion (because it's my life professionally): there isn't an adblock solution that can prevent YT injecting ads into a stream. Sometimes you might get lucky but unless you pay for YT Premium, all bets are off.

Even then, if the account holder providing the stream allows ads regardless - you'll get ads at YTs behest.
Old 11 May 2024, 21:09 (Ref:4208561)   #3183
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Either that's wrong or I am exceptionally lucky. I've watched hundreds of hours of live streams on Youtube, and never seen a single ad. Not once.
Old 11 May 2024, 22:33 (Ref:4208566)   #3184
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
Either that's wrong or I am exceptionally lucky. I've watched hundreds of hours of live streams on Youtube, and never seen a single ad. Not once.

That may be true, and I don't think that I've seen any adverts when viewing online. However, it is, I believe as Greem states above, different if you view through you TV provider's feed which is not the same as being online.

I would also add that this has only happened this year, and applied also to when I was watching the Goodwood stream on TV; last year there were no adverts whilst watch YT via the TV feed. I don't know if it makes any difference, but my TV feed is provided by Virgin Media, which was initially bought by Liberty and is now owned jointly with Telefonica since the merger with O2.
Old 12 May 2024, 06:29 (Ref:4208596)   #3185
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I watched qualifying on my laptop yesterday Mike and was 'bothered' by the same adverts as you. I've just put it down to YouTube doing it on purpose to convince you to pay for their premium service.
Quote:
That may be true, and I don't think that I've seen any adverts when viewing online. However, it is, I believe as Greem states above, different if you view through you TV provider's feed which is not the same as being online.

I would also add that this has only happened this year, and applied also to when I was watching the Goodwood stream on TV; last year there were no adverts whilst watch YT via the TV feed. I don't know if it makes any difference, but my TV feed is provided by Virgin Media, which was initially bought by Liberty and is now owned jointly with Telefonica since the merger with O2.
Old 12 May 2024, 07:41 (Ref:4208600)   #3186
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ad Block plus and no adverts , no special viewing etc channels needed.
Old 12 May 2024, 07:43 (Ref:4208601)   #3187
ScottS
Rookie

ScottS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless it's changed when you setup a livestream on YouTube, the person setting it up can pick wether they want ads enabled on their livestream as part of the YouTube's Partnership Program. My guess is that whoever has setup these live streams hasn't unchecked the setting and doesn't actually realise the ads are being shown. I cannot imagine that ITV actually notice the few quid that they earn from YouTube unless it's going into the techies personal bank account.

As for adblocker. There is sometimes a setting within the adblocker that needs to be turned on in order for it to block YouTube ads. Some adblockers let YouTube ads pass through in order for content creators to still earn money unless the user specifically tells the adblocker to remove the ads which it will.
Old 12 May 2024, 08:09 (Ref:4208608)   #3188
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Adblocker has been an anti-frustration feature for me. It's worth it, trust me. Surprised more don't get it
Old 12 May 2024, 10:39 (Ref:4208625)   #3189
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Adblocker has been an anti-frustration feature for me. It's worth it, trust me. Surprised more don't get it

Frustrating to me that people are still talking about an adblocker which, as far as I am aware, is not available on a TV that is just using a cable provider's YouTube channel. It's no different to watching a normal ITV programme on your TV; you can't get a "widget" on your TV that stops the adverts that they show.

I am well aware of, and have had for some considerable number of years in fact, an adblocker on my computer. However, even then, certain sites will not permit you to have the adblocker on to view their content, unless you pay for that privilege.
Old 12 May 2024, 10:54 (Ref:4208628)   #3190
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm not saying anyone should do this. But. I signed up for YouTube Premium in Turkey using a VPN. It ends up about £2 a month.

It's fiddly to achieve, and took me a few hours, but I highly recommend it.
Old 12 May 2024, 13:16 (Ref:4208637)   #3191
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching ITV4 coverage of this In 3hrs seen only 2 short races rest just chat & ad breakswhy cant we see rest of support races incl Abie Pullings F4 win?
Old 12 May 2024, 13:51 (Ref:4208641)   #3192
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Watching ITV4 coverage of this In 3hrs seen only 2 short races rest just chat & ad breakswhy cant we see rest of support races incl Abie Pullings F4 win?
There was a long red flag in the Porsche race, which will account for some of that, but by the time you posted that they had shown three live races AND the earlier F4 race.
Old 12 May 2024, 14:04 (Ref:4208646)   #3193
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
WSR being sponsored by Sytner BMW

guess the company of 1988 BTCC champion Frank Sytner in BMW

https://live.staticflickr.com/8511/8...6d20c3aa_b.jpg
Old 12 May 2024, 14:20 (Ref:4208647)   #3194
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
WSR being sponsored by Sytner BMW

guess the company of 1988 BTCC champion Frank Sytner in BMW
It's the dealership group started by Frank Sytner and his brother Alan, but no longer in family ownership. They sold it in the late 90s.
Old 12 May 2024, 15:38 (Ref:4208657)   #3195
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
It's the dealership group started by Frank Sytner and his brother Alan, but no longer in family ownership. They sold it in the late 90s.
Early 2000s - to one Roger Penske. I believe Sytner Group is still part of the Penske Automotive Group to this day.
Old 12 May 2024, 19:26 (Ref:4208697)   #3196
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Early 2000s - to one Roger Penske. I believe Sytner Group is still part of the Penske Automotive Group to this day.
Operates alongside other Sytner brands, like the truly horrible Carshop.
Old 13 May 2024, 07:53 (Ref:4208752)   #3197
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone know of any performance BOP measures that have been enacted or redacted since the start of 2024? Like what is the state of play with the BMWs do they still have their launch boost restriction and their long 1st gear? What about their raised ride height and the ballast box location? I presume all those are still in place?
Old 13 May 2024, 07:54 (Ref:4208753)   #3198
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Does anyone know of any performance BOP measures that have been enacted or redacted since the start of 2024? Like what is the state of play with the BMWs do they still have their launch boost restriction and their long 1st gear? What about their raised ride height and the ballast box location? I presume all those are still in place?
Didn't the Ballast box get replaced by the battery?
Old 13 May 2024, 09:02 (Ref:4208765)   #3199
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Frustrating to me that people are still talking about an adblocker which, as far as I am aware, is not available on a TV that is just using a cable provider's YouTube channel. It's no different to watching a normal ITV programme on your TV; you can't get a "widget" on your TV that stops the adverts that they show.

I am well aware of, and have had for some considerable number of years in fact, an adblocker on my computer. However, even then, certain sites will not permit you to have the adblocker on to view their content, unless you pay for that privilege.
This!

I watched it through the smart TV app and the ads are terrible - they've been in the TCR feed for me and other live race coverage. Seems to have gotten worse on other content too.

Would love an adblocker for the TV app!
Old 13 May 2024, 09:19 (Ref:4208768)   #3200
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!Sodemo has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Didn't the Ballast box get replaced by the battery?
Oh yes quite possibly! However I presume the placement was the same (ie in a less than ideal location for weight distribution)