Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 15 Nov 2002, 22:21 (Ref:429551)   #1
turbofreek
Rookie

turbofreek should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
racing 125's

i need help,i jus wana know what do i need to start up 125 racing,apart from a bike of course if anyone knows or competes in the sport please help me and thank u.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 16:53 (Ref:430010)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Irish racing, both sides of the border, is controlled by the ACUI, but I assume they run things more or less the same as the ACU does.

Your first step is to join the club you want to race with. Then, through the club, apply for a competition licence - the signature of a club official or a copy of a club membership card is required before a licence will be issued. You'll need an eye test & have to fill in a medical self-certification form. Certain restrictions apply to the bikes novices can ride, although you should be OK with a 125. The ACU now requires all novice riders to do an approved racing school before they start racing. The ACUI may have different rules, but your club will know what's required.

Good luck - from what I've seen of the Irish 125 riders, you're getting in with a great bunch of riders!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 16 Nov 2002 at 16:55.
Old 16 Nov 2002, 21:43 (Ref:430116)   #3
Warwick
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Warwick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go to the track and talk to some of the guys who race them,if you don't have a bit of mechanical knowledge or some one who can help you're in for a steep learning curve,they require a reasonable amount of maintinence to be at there best

There is also a bit of difference between the different years,and when buying a bike try and find something with a spares package,as stuff like wets,etc can be expensive to buy seperate.

Heres a couple of links to check

http://www.fatbaq.com/mainpage.phtml
http://www.iane.co.uk/html/PhondaR125.html

Good luck
Warwick